• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arda Turan

Charisma

It's easy! Turan plays left wing forward for Arsenal. Cazorla plays behind Griezman for Atletico!

Mistake me if I'm wrong but didn't the form of Arda take a dip last season once Diego Simeone started to play him on the right?

Arda Turans best position is currently being accommodated by Sanchez, so I can't see how he'll fit into our team unless we shift Sanchez up top.

Sanchez best position before he came to us was right wing, or at least most of the people here were talking about that.

Sanchez can play all forward roles for us. Remember when he got his playing time as striker our whole set up was terrible.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Rex what is it about his skill set that doesn't fit? His lack of pace?
I think if we we're truly interested in Arda, he slides into the right attacking mid/wing spot. He's an outstanding talent, perfect for Mourinho's system to be honest.

He's not very fast but also he doesn't cover a lot of ground, I think that's one of the reasons he's going to be leaving. As a wide player tracking back isn't everything but he wants no part of it at all. He has to play centrally because of this and his lack of pace imo.

Defensively his pressing is pretty poor. On the plus side he's an extremely good passer, not so much a one-two guy like Santi but is very good at spreading play and final balls. Also he's a better goal threat than Santi, is a very astute finisher and takes up good positions.

He's also a much more physical player as well, he's very strong and is robust in the tackle which is useful. The thing is I think Simeone is being clever and trying to sell him on, he was annoyed with his lack of running but also there's signs he might have already passed his peak.

He is a very good player but I'd have severe doubts if we had to pay cash + Santi.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Alexis will play CF more and more, and will be top class there too, as always. He just needs other players to fit into that system. Theo running from wide areas is almost crucial

Back to topic, I see this as BS. Dont think Santi wants that to happen, nor Wenger. Makes it a simple no no to this

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
@Rex Banner school me on Turan. I know he's got brilliant close control but he doesn't seem to get much in the way of goals or assists. You say his pressing/tracking back isn't up to par? How good is he? You'd think if Arsenal we're bringing in a winger they'd provide end product.

baccy_man

Established Member
I read an article last week saying that Turan wanted to leave Atletico because he did not like the way that Simeone wanted him to play,
He did not like having to keep running back and defending if that is the case he would have to do the same for us and our style of play would not suit him.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Can't see this, there's no room for Arda here even with Cazorla going in the other direction.

Can't see us selling Cazorla this summer either. He was huge for us at the back end of last season and Wenger sees him third in line to be captain too. If he has a season where he's on the bench mostly then next summer would be a more likely time for him to leave. But as of this moment he's just on the back of a season where he started the majority of games and was hugely important.

Banks

Arda is going to Barcelona and could happen before the week runs out. Really think we should be going all out for Lacazette and Sven bender or Lars and we are good to go the season starts early August so we need to do our business and get the new players to gel with the team.

Anfield 1884

AM's Resident Liverpool Fan
Not sure about Turan for Cazorla swap. Cazorla is a top tier player. Turan is a workaholic, but apparently wants a move because of that reason. Unless the deal is too good to reject, I'd say reject.

danlaw

Can't see this, there's no room for Arda here even with Cazorla going in the other direction.

Can't see us selling Cazorla this summer either. He was huge for us at the back end of last season and Wenger sees him third in line to be captain too. If he has a season where he's on the bench mostly then next summer would be a more likely time for him to leave. But as of this moment he's just on the back of a season where he started the majority of games and was hugely important.
Hope you know cazorla has one more season here and has not been offered an extention?

Danskin

Established Member
I wouldn't. Don't think he's an upgrade on Cazorla and Santi is on the form of his life.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Crazy deal for Barcelona..... didn't strike me as the type of signing they'd be making this summer.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Whatever happened to that transfer ban?

UEFA dishes out punishment on one day, takes off FFP sanctions off the next. Was this also part of their "Yeah, well, do whatever you want to do" pack?

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
Whatever happened to that transfer ban?

UEFA dishes out punishment on one day, takes off FFP sanctions off the next. Was this also part of their "Yeah, well, do whatever you want to do" pack?
They can sign all the players they want, but the deals can't be completed before the ban is over.

Banks

€35mil for a 29yr old on a 5year contract is just crazy but hey Barcelona has been known for doing crazy deals in the past and a certain Eto swap for Ibra and cash comes to mind but if Athletico Madrid want Santi they would have to cough out atleast €30mil

Latest posts+

Top Bottom