• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arda Turan

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Just doesn't make sense, he's nearly 50 and a lazy bastard.

Would be pissed if they paid £5 let alone £20m.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Don't think you earn a move to Barcelona from Atlético Madrid if you're a bad player. Must have something about him.

Ewarwoowar

Could be all Sanchez's fault, He reportedly urged Wenger back last year to sign Turan and it Has been recently reported that part of the process to extract a new signature was to sit down with him and discuss potential signings, Sanchez could have called for this one again.

Bendtneer

I can't understand why soo much hate..He was one of the best player at athletico Madrid then he went to barca and cudnt get into the team.Still a good player.

I can't understand why soo much hate..He was one of the best player at athletico Madrid then he went to barca and cudnt get into the team.Still a good player.

He was lazy at Atletico Madrid, he was lazy at Barcelona. And he said in interview that he goes to Barca to win titles but Arsenal for holidays.

You really want a lazy player thinking he is on holidays playing for us?

Vibra

Established Member
Two seasons and he'll be a 32 year old on huge wages and impossible to move on

We shouldn't be signing 30 year olds in our current state unless they're proper world class. Maybe on a free, definitely not for 20 ****ing million in my humble opinion

footydroid

He was a good player at Atletico but also very overrated by those who only watched the big games and Champions League. He was in no way as crucial as players like Koke, Costa or Gabi and quite inconsistent. Nothing like Rakitic who was an absolute monster at Sevilla. I was shocked when Barca went for him and not surprised that it didn't work out. Especially after his statement that Atletico made their players work too hard. Any player who complains about having to work hard should be an automatic red flag. Why go after Turan when James is available? Hope this rumour is nonsense.

kopzilla

Always Negative
Wow..reading the comments..didn't know Turan was that badly rated.

He must be having some good points about him...is his passing good? or tackling, mentality, leadership?

If he was so bad, Simeone would not have tolerated him at all.

This is a crucial summer for us...we better not go for mediocre players in spite of being in the Europa League.

Oh my. Please, for the love of Dennis Bergkamp's flair, don't sign this egocentric fatass. Lazy and super entitled. Acts like the entire country should bow to him ever since making the switch to Barcelona.

I'm Turkish and having Arda Turan on the team would make it very difficult for me to cheer for the Gunners, that's how much I can't stand the guy, even though he's clearly the most successful Turkish footballer ever.

BobP

Memri Fan
Wow..reading the comments..didn't know Turan was that badly rated.

He must be having some good points about him...is his passing good? or tackling, mentality, leadership?

If he was so bad, Simeone would not have tolerated him at all.

This is a crucial summer for us...we better not go for mediocre players in spite of being in the Europa League.

Turan is talented, there's no doubt about that, but he's a lazy **** so I think he rode a fine line in Simeone's mind.

Remember reading that Turan wanted to leave Atletico because Simeone made him run too much :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ewarwoowar

Arsenal: Arda Turan would become conduit of huge weakness

by Josh Sippie3 hours agoFollow @sippenator101

Arsenal has had a bit of a plague in recent years in terms of motivation, so why they would need someone like Arda Turan is beyond sense.

Arsenal seem to be actively and aggressively pursuing potential solutions to their wide attacking problems, as well as versatile attackers who can suit that wide role and also play in either of the two spots of the 3-4-2-1.

RELATED STORY: Arsenal's 30 Greatest Players Ever
As such, names have been floating about and there isn’t really a name that I am violently opposed to. Arsène Wenger is serious about improving the team, so anyone he is going to pursue is going to have some qualities. Just some will be a bit better than others.

And then there is Arda Turan. I said that there aren’t any names that I am violently opposed to, but Turan is dangerously close. He has his qualities, obviously, but apparently, in his own estimation, he has more talent than Arsenal deserve.

I’m sure by now everyone knows of Turan’s old ‘plan B’ quotes, but just in case, here’s a refresher:

If I play really well, I will end up signing for Barça, because my style suits theirs. If I play well, I will end up at Arsenal.
If you need that translated, here it is: “I am too good for Arsenal. They are my fallback.”

Now, I don’t think it is petty at all to say that that disrespect alone should remove him from all future consideration of coming to the Emirates. Why would such a proud club welcome someone who saw them as nothing more than a second choice? It would essentially be accepting his estimation and saying, “yes, we are not worthy of him, unless he lowers himself.”

Which raises my major concern with Turan. I want to see hungry players brought in. Players who are young or eager to prove themselves, or aspiring to be more. Guys who want to take that next step and are ready to work their arse off to prove they belong at this level.

Not guys like Turan, who are taking a step back to relax into a new team and enjoy some minutes.

The Gunner’s biggest problem in recent years has been a lack of motivation. For various reasons, they just can’t seem to lift themselves up and push for the next level.

Turan would become a conduit of that negative mentality that has only now started to seep out of the Gunners camp. Maybe if the team is doing well, Turan would fit in and do his part, but if there is struggle, or if he can’t break the first team, you can bet that the Turk isn’t going to be a fountain of happiness.

Stay away from this guy. The price tag alone is ridiculous. There are so many better options out there

http://paininthearsenal.com/2017/06/04/arsenal-arda-turan-conduit-weakness/

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Do not f*cking want. I would rather watch Ramsey at his worst start every game, even when he's injured than see that lazy git in our shirt. No.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom