• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Are talented young players being exploited too early ?

RSNL

27164.jpg

After the news of Ronaldo’s potential career ending injury I would just like to ask the question are talented young players being exploited too early?

Age in today’s game is more significant than any other era and alot of youngsters who are put in the mould of potential stars are eventually required to play in the 1st team as soon as possible to gain the so called word ” experience “, although this may sound relevant for the players career im slightly concerned that how many games there playing to get this experience, is more always better?. Professional football is a very physical game and can be mentally draining for a young player which can be caused by such things as the media and pressure to perform to your abilities, but you have to take into account alot of young players bodies haven’t developed fully and it is difficult on the muscles to withstand this sort of intense situations and eventually leads to bad injuries which in effect harms there development and shortens there career or you could say they are hitting their prime to early, there needs to be a little bit of leeway given to youngsters today there’s no rush for a 18 year old for example to be chucked into the deep end and develop so quick because only the exceptional talents will sometimes relish the challenge.

It’s a sad sight when you see such players like Ronaldo in such a sorry state when he should have enjoyed a nice end to his career and should managers be responsible for controlling the extra ordinary talents to make sure they fulfil every year of their career? When you take a look at Juninho Pernambucano whose a year older then Ronaldo and currently playing to a decent level for Lyon and has so for the past couple of years you just have to look at his past he really hit the scene quite late but has a good couple of years left in him still with that burning desire to still play unlike another Brazilian Ronaldinho. Let’s just hope that the current generation of young players like Cesc and Messi can get the most out of their career and still keep their hunger for the game.

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom