• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Are we the worst run football club in the league?

Are we the worst run football club amongst the top 6 clubs?

• Yes

• No

• We're about the right level

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheArsenalis

So what's better with the squad we have? Even if we had Pep with this squad we wouldn't win the league. Money is very important in the game in this day and age as we all know. Let's be real, the only world class players we have in this team are Özil, Sanchez and Wilshere if he can stay fit and play consistently. Sanchez will be gone and maybe Özil. Lacazette did well in France but he hasn't done much over here...it's his first season though. Great link up play, he suits Arsenal but he needs goals.

If Wenger is in total control of the transfers then he's to blame perhaps. Please don't tell me the board aren't at all responsible. Offering Jack are reduction in his basic wage? I read today that they've even made CUTS in the CANTEEN at Arsenal. It's ridiculous. The money is a huge problem at Arsenal. Kroenke I feel is just taking the money out of this club. I'd rather see Usmanov in as the new owner. On the + side, we're linked with Aubameyang, which would be a good replacement for Alexis. But there's a lot of work to do at this club.
Why play for Arsenal when you can earn £300,000 + at another top club? We can all say Chelsea under Abrahamovic have 'bought' the league or City etc but I'd rather have my INVEST heavily in the team and WIN then not..
i dont disagree that with much. i ddnt say we would win the league with pep. im saying that wenger is mis-managing these players, im saying this arsenal team wouldn't look so disastrous under another manger.

money do have a lot to do with the quality we bring in. we ddnt spend big to bring in sanchez 35 mill. so saying that we need to invest HEAVILY, im assuming you meant like city and chelsea does. lacazette who you looked down on was more 52 mil more than same and more than Özil.
we do need to spend, but we need to find the right players. athletico.M manage spend well and won la liga. dortmund manage to spend well and got german league. we dont have to outspend city and manu.

giroud not the best striker, came here for less than 20 mill. had we had a stable strong and cohesive back line we could forgive his frailties. because he is a good player.

arun_1994

i dont disagree that with much. i ddnt say we would win the league with pep. im saying that wenger is mis-managing these players, im saying this arsenal team wouldn't look so disastrous under another manger.

money do have a lot to do with the quality we bring in. we ddnt spend big to bring in sanchez 35 mill. so saying that we need to invest HEAVILY, im assuming you meant like city and chelsea does. lacazette who you looked down on was more 52 mil more than same and more than Özil.
we do need to spend, but we need to find the right players. athletico.M manage spend well and won la liga. dortmund manage to spend well and got german league. we dont have to outspend city and manu.

giroud not the best striker, came here for less than 20 mill. had we had a stable strong and cohesive back line we could forgive his frailties. because he is a good player.

Yeah I do agree to certain extent that Wenger is mis-managing the players. It feels as though they have a lot more freedom under Wenger. They seem comfortable at Arsenal for example Theo before he left. I guess wenger has always been like that though. I don’t think Wenger is the type to roast the players when things are going wrong. Maybe his back room staff need changing or they need more of a say in the way they go about tactics, training etc

I’m not looking down on lacazette. I think he’s a wonderful player but just needs to find his form. Probably needs time to settle, this time next season he could be on fire!

But all these players except lacazette were at Arsenal last season. And we got hammered 10-2 on aggregate v Bayern. Who loses 10-2 in the champions league. It’s shocking and embarrassing. Giroud is a good plan B i think. But for what he paid he’s been great but even he could be off in this deal for Aubamayang. He’s good of the bench and as for the defence well I think we all know about that! Holding is a good prospect. We need quality at the back. Mustafi is decent on his day.

To be honest, I don’t think even Cech is as good as he used to be. And it seems he has no confidence in the defenders judging by the mistake he made v Bournemouth. Maybe my standards are to high but this is Arsenal football club and if we’re not careful we’re just going to get worse!

KROENKE SUCKS

Yeah I do agree to certain extent that Wenger is mis-managing the players. It feels as though they have a lot more freedom under Wenger. They seem comfortable at Arsenal for example Theo before he left. I guess wenger has always been like that though. I don’t think Wenger is the type to roast the players when things are going wrong. Maybe his back room staff need changing or they need more of a say in the way they go about tactics, training etc

I’m not looking down on lacazette. I think he’s a wonderful player but just needs to find his form. Probably needs time to settle, this time next season he could be on fire!

But all these players except lacazette were at Arsenal last season. And we got hammered 10-2 on aggregate v Bayern. Who loses 10-2 in the champions league. It’s shocking and embarrassing. Giroud is a good plan B i think. But for what he paid he’s been great but even he could be off in this deal for Aubamayang. He’s good of the bench and as for the defence well I think we all know about that! Holding is a good prospect. We need quality at the back. Mustafi is decent on his day.

To be honest, I don’t think even Cech is as good as he used to be. And it seems he has no confidence in the defenders judging by the mistake he made v Bournemouth. Maybe my standards are to high but this is Arsenal football club and if we’re not careful we’re just going to get worse!

Pretty sure Barcelona lost by 7 or 8 goals on aggregate to Bayern a couple of years ago too. And they unlike Wenger had the benefit of spending big.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Firstly, probably not. Newcastle fans might have something to say about that. But we're close.

Second, when do our Emirates deals expire? Aren't we essentially losing a bunch of commercial money every year because we made deals that lasted way too long? Personally i'm totally ready for a new kit maker and sponsor.

arun_1994

Pretty sure Barcelona lost by 7 or 8 goals on aggregate to Bayern a couple of years ago too. And they unlike Wenger had the benefit of spending big.

Well I suppose for Barcelona that was a one off. And they are a very successful side. We hammered to often. I don't think I need to put the results on here (I'm sure we all know about them).
I used to be so confident going away to teams like West Brom and Watford etc but I'm not anymore, not really

arun_1994

Firstly, probably not. Newcastle fans might have something to say about that. But we're close.

Second, when do our Emirates deals expire? Aren't we essentially losing a bunch of commercial money every year because we made deals that lasted way too long? Personally i'm totally ready for a new kit maker and sponsor.

The Emirates shirt sponsorship is up in 2019 but the stadium rights 2028. I read recently Adidas and Nike are considering to be our new kit makers

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
The Emirates shirt sponsorship is up in 2019 but the stadium rights 2028. I read recently Adidas and Nike are considering to be our new kit makers

I wonder what'll happen with the stadium naming rights. Romantically you'd like it to have a proper name, but I guess by now the name 'Emirates' is so synonymous that it has become a proper name.

This club needs to be more aggressive commercially, hopefully we'll see that with the shirt and kit sponsor. I heard it might be Adidas, which would be fun!

arun_1994

I wonder what'll happen with the stadium naming rights. Romantically you'd like it to have a proper name, but I guess by now the name 'Emirates' is so synonymous that it has become a proper name.

This club needs to be more aggressive commercially, hopefully we'll see that with the shirt and kit sponsor. I heard it might be Adidas, which would be fun!

Do you remember when they were building the Emirates? They considered naming it Ashburton Grove or even New Highbury! I wouldn't mind keeping it as the 'Emirates' stadium!

I would like Adidas too! As we've had Nike in the past too. I think we get a decent amount from TV money. I suppose for a neutral watching Arsenal is quite fun lol

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
The media at large and opposition supporters have written us off and spoken about the "big five breaking away".

Now is the time to go an a run, for our pride and for that top four spot. Get our players in, change our approach and go for it.

Nothing would please me more this season, if we beat Liverpool and Sp**s to fourth spot. Wenger can then retire with his head held a little higher.

arun_1994

The media at large and opposition supporters have written us off and spoken about the "big five breaking away".

Now is the time to go an a run, for our pride and for that top four spot. Get our players in, change our approach and go for it.

Nothing would please me more this season, if we beat Liverpool and Sp**s to fourth spot. Wenger can then retire with his head held a little higher.

Agreed with everything you have said. But I'm not sure he will be retiring at the end of this season. He will have one more year left after this one on his contract and like he says himself he will always honour his contracts.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Do you remember when they were building the Emirates? They considered naming it Ashburton Grove or even New Highbury! I wouldn't mind keeping it as the 'Emirates' stadium!

I would like Adidas too! As we've had Nike in the past too. I think we get a decent amount from TV money. I suppose for a neutral watching Arsenal is quite fun lol

New Highbury sounds odd, I guess Emirates it is!

Adidas kit sponsor and Playstation shirt sponsor, that's what I want.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐

It's the hope that kills you.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom