• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène to buy Big

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Mini

But the difference between the usual Sun horsecrap and this horsecrap is that is true, we must buy 'big' if we want to achieve our expectations

JazzG

Established Member
Wenger in the past 2 years has spent around 4mill max, we are in the CL and in our last report we reported profits. The stadium deal is almost as good as done.

I really think Wenger might have some money to spend. Don't think we have 30mill but I think we might have between £10mill-£15mill. I think we could go for Reyes as well, well I hope so anyway!

Mark said:
buy robinho from santos.

All these Brazilian wonder kids all seem like light weights to me, could they keep up with the pace and aggression in this league?

Mark

Established Member
these brazilian wonderkids are young though and the way wenger turned lightweights like pires and henry into top premiership players, talents like diego and robinho could be a good idea. although i would really prefer aliadiere to score some premiership goals.

Taozhe

I probably take this with a pinch of salt and not put the hopes up too much. Its known that we are having a financial crisis .. how could we spend big? :)

Andrew

Mark said:
buy robinho from santos.

And how would he get a work permit?

For me, the only strikers who can be useful for us are out of our range. We have 3 or 4 good strikers and one great one. We don't need another good one. Hopefully we can save our money and then buy someone of real quality like Trezeguet. Another just decent striker would be wasting our money and then we would have to wait another couple of years until we can buy someone good again.

OoDy

Wenger ponders next step for Arsenal

http://www.teamtalk.com/teamtalk/News/S ... 09,00.html

Arsène Wenger has admitted that, if Arsenal do buy a new striker in January, the newcomer is unlikely to come from the English leagues.

The Arsenal boss is considering a move to bolster his attack in the January transfer window, especially with Kanu, Sylvain Wiltord and Dennis Bergkamp nearing the end of their contracts.

Wenger is set to have a transfer fund at his disposal, especially after his side's Champions League qualification, and he has already been linked with potential interest in Leeds striker Alan Smith.

"I don't think that Leeds will go into administration. But if they did, there would be a few sharks circling around over there," he admitted.

Wenger insisted that "domestically I don't think we could find what we need at the moment" but then conceded that he would "try and see if something interesting develops" in the overall situation.

He added: "If we get a player in, it's better that he can play in Europe rather than not. But I don't make an obligation out of signing someone."

Wenger stressed that he would not be allowing anyone, such as Wiltord - who has repeatedly been linked with Paris Saint-Germain - to leave his squad in the new year.

However, he will be without Kanu for a month due to the African Nations' Cup and while Jeremie Aliadiere is coming through the ranks, there is a huge goalscoring onus on Thierry Henry's shoulders.

The Frenchman is at least bearing the strain remarkably well and while Wenger admits he will need to rest his recent knee injury "at some stage", he should be fit to face Blackburn at Highbury on Sunday.

Arsenal are determined to return to winning ways in the Premiership after drawing successive league games against Fulham and Leicester.

"Since we've beaten Inter Milan 5-1, I felt that we've dropped points in the Premier League as our focus was a bit on the Champions League," admitted Wenger.

"Now we have two months where we can completely focus on the championship and that's why the game on Sunday is so big for us."

So It`s Going To Be Someone From Another League.. Not Cup Tied.. I`m Tired Of Thinking Who This Player Just Might Be!

Andrew

wicked said:
alan smith would be a good buy hes young but experienced in the prem and CL

Smith is the realistic buy. Youngish, not played in Europe and at a club which need to sell. Quite frankly now I can see why he has been linked to us so much after everything is in his favour. He could blossum at Arsenal but his discipline problems are there to see. I applaud his work effort though and he would be a "second striker" which is what Dein said we are looking for.

JazzG

Established Member
I rate smith but think there are better options around. I don't know how much Wenger has to spend though. If he has £20mill then Reyes or VdV, if he has £5mill then it would have to be Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom