• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène to buy Big

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenalule

GoonerGurjit said:
And if he has £10m then its probably Eto'o.

That is extremely wise... why did wenger not hear your comments...

I am writing from the future to tell you that in Eto'o you have a fantastic, clinical, goal-scoring machine. 10m pounds in my mind is an absolute Bargain!!!! Buy! Buy! Buy!

Haha.... :p

PS: interesting to read everyones opinions from way back when! The advice we could and should have listened to, and the down-right stupid!

nazo

Established Member
Isn't this thread a little OLD??

Anyways, like Legend, it's good news that Wenger is considering Bendtner as a future option. He is talented and could be something big in a few years time.

flaunt

bluenaz said:
Anyways, like Legend, it's good news that Wenger is considering Bendtner as a future option. He is talented and could be something big in a few years time.

Yup. He could be 6'4" next year! :)

(he's still a growing boy - at 18 and all).

But I know what you're saying. I think our youth players are about the best in the world (Barcelona might disagree). As talented as they are now, the greatest thing is that they have about the greatest potential to improve. If Senderos and Fabregas can grow into such important players for us, it's not inconceivable that other youth players can dislodge/replace some of our current first teamers.

Reyes, Adebayor, van Persie, Ljungberg have to watch out for their spots. They are talented, but if they don't perform better next season - Wenger's patience might run out.

nazo

Established Member
flaunt said:
bluenaz said:

Yup. He could be 6'4" next year! :)

(he's still a growing boy - at 18 and all).

But I know what you're saying. I think our youth players are about the best in the world (Barcelona might disagree). As talented as they are now, the greatest thing is that they have about the greatest potential to improve. If Senderos and Fabregas can grow into such important players for us, it's not inconceivable that other youth players can dislodge/replace some of our current first teamers.

Reyes, Adebayor, van Persie, Ljungberg have to watch out for their spots. They are talented, but if they don't perform better next season - Wenger's patience might run out.

Actually, Reyes, Ade and van Persie are still young and will hopefully fix up all their common mistakes (or let me call them bad habits) and start to play better. The main problem with them is consistency. On their day they can tip a team upside down but when they aren't in that period they are just average. Ljungberg is a different case though and like you said he has to perform better next season or Wenger will replace him with Hleb (who is looking more promising the more he plays)

Besides, since when does Wenger's patience run out on youngsters :p

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wenger must rate Bendtner very high. Hopefully next season we can see more actions from the youngsters coming from the academy like Gilbert and Muamba.

Darius

arsenalule said:
GoonerGurjit said:
And if he has £10m then its probably Eto'o.

That is extremely wise... why did wenger not hear your comments...

I am writing from the future to tell you that in Eto'o you have a fantastic, clinical, goal-scoring machine. 10m pounds in my mind is an absolute Bargain!!!! Buy! Buy! Buy!

Haha.... :p

PS: interesting to read everyones opinions from way back when! The advice we could and should have listened to, and the down-right stupid!

I am wondering how could you find out this thread...

arsenalule

:lol:

nothing to do that night so i thought i'd go to the back of the forum (page 360+ or something like that) to see what had us talking back then (well not me because i wasn't here then, but its good to see 20+ regular contributors of the past 3-4 yrs).

Very interesting reading,...like Juve want alidiere for 20m pounds.... :lol:
Maybe we should have sold him. 8)

If you look on the top of this page (pg 3 of the thread'Arsène to buy big), you'll notice my reply comes 2 maybe 3 years later. The member who i quoted, GunnerGurjit (suggesting we buy Eto'o for 10m pounds 3yrs ago) had very good foresight! [thumps up]

We should have listened to him, afterall who wouldn't want Eto'o now?

EDIT: Feis-al was also FOR getting Eto'o; many back then thought he wasn't class :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom