<

Arsène Wenger: My Life and Lessons In Red & White

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by American_Gooner, Apr 12, 2020.

1. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

Btw, our football has been dreadful since Wenger left. It’s like watching Stoke play Burnley every week since he left.

We got AM bashing one out to El Neny doing beep tests.

2. SomGooner

SomGooner Prolific Liker

I was meditating mate, but that doesn’t mean I haven’t been reading the site especially you sparring with everyone and their mama. :lol:

Permission my arse :lol:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  3. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

Auba playing off the left, guy can’t control a football.

SomGooner likes this.
  4. SomGooner

SomGooner Prolific Liker

Sometimes our pride and ego make us do things without thinking them through.

Arsène loved Cesc more than Cesc realised. Arsène allowed a legend and a colossal of a man and player in PV4 to leave the club in order for him to run the show and I think Arsène felt betrayed and badly hurt by Cesc ‘Demanding’ to leave. Also let’s not forget that Cesc ‘forced’ the club’s hand to sell him to Barca and a Barca only which made it easier for them to dictate and set the price.

As much as I LIKED Cesc, I didn’t like the way he allowed his mates to disrespect the club that made him and the man he called ‘Like a father’.

I would’ve done the same thing but in much more colourful words if I was Arsène.

SA Gunner and Jury like this.
  5. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

Yeah I'm expecting some behind the scenes Arsenal stuff or I'll be disappointed.

SomGooner likes this.
  6. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

It really burns narcissists like Mourinho that he was so emotionally invested in his feud with Wenger, who didn't give him a second thought once the match was over. :drool:

7. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Jose's record against Arsène is impressive (the fact he has always had oil money to spend does help the Portugese GDeep tbf) but Arsène has beaten him...did no "journalist" call him out on that ffs :lol:

8. TromsoGooner

TromsoGooner Well-Known Member

Arsène probably knew that not being mentioned at all would annoy Mourinho, and looks like he was right.

9. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz Attention Seeker

Go on José lad

10. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Bit unrealistic to expect a young Spanish boy to turn down the chance to play for arguably the best club side ever assembled since the dawn of time... in Spain... in favour of remaining part of a setup that was giving him nothing. ‘Bit unrealistic’ being a huge understatement of course!

I very much doubt Cesc decided to go to war with Wenger over it. Don’t underestimate Wenger’s ability to manipulate situations to his advantage—a valuable skill when you’re managing big players at a club that struggled to keep its best players—but a skill of his and a game that players sometimes aren’t willing to play.

11. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member Trusted

It's funny because Xavi felt that youth players whi chose to leave, shouldn't necessarily be allowed to return to Barca. The little fella forgot his mates Cesc and Pique but the principle is the same.

American_Gooner likes this.
  12. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member Trusted

18 games. 7 draws and 2 wins and 9 losses for Wenger. Not impressive but Mourinho can't handle the slight when he thought Wenger actually liked him and so has to distort the truth.

TromsoGooner and Riou like this.
  13. Jury

Technically, he battered him to within an inch of his life in front of billions worldwide too. I bet he lies awake at night reliving the moment and how he should have countered the attack.

14. Jury

It’s amazing how people can just erase large parts of Wengers last two years... Our football had also deteriorated badly. It was no better than now for sure.

say yes likes this.
  15. Jury

Never forget those who wanted Mourinho here, and the same people now cry about Arteta’s **** football :facepalm:

SA Gunner, RacingPhoton and Riou like this.
  16. Jury

He was obviously asked what he thought about being left out of the book and not only did he bite, but he went in ugly. Shows a lack of maturity at the very least.

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  17. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

Cesc went about it in a pretty dreadful way, boyhood club or not. That nonsense after the World Cup and skipping training camps to go watch the GP in Spain.

I get he was desperate for a move but he hurt the club he was also supposedly in love by driving his value into the dirt and getting his move.

Wenger and the club had shown they were open to fair negotiations with almost all our other sales from Adebayor to Van Persie.

TromsoGooner likes this.
  18. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers Trusted

On the touchline, when the heat was on, you folded like an origami butterfly Jose.... pipe down.

SA Gunner, Makingtrax and celestis like this.
  19. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

Arteta was my first choice since 2018, after Wenger left, don’t start that.

Im not even attacking Arteta, it’s work in progress, it’s just taking time and looks long way off even the Wenger decline 2015 onwards period.

No surprise to see that Hulk Hogan fanboy liking your post.

20. Jury

I’m sure if Cesc thought he was going to get Wenger’s and the clubs blessing he wouldn’t have felt the need to go AWOL or make things any more difficult than he had reason to believe it would be. How does he improve matters by doing that? You’d have to take the logical explanation and assume it wasn’t all his doing and there must have been two sides to this.

Wengers ‘that’ll l learn yer the grass isn’t always greener‘ attitude tells me it was probably made more complicated for Cesc—the last jewel in his dodgy crown—than it was for Wenger to accept 24m for an aging RvP with just one year left on his contract.