<

Arsène Wenger: My Life and Lessons In Red & White

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by American_Gooner, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Oh YEAH!
    Been waiting for this all year!

2. Ashybashy86

Ashybashy86 Well-Known Member

Yeah, if you're after more of an exposé, I think 'Both Sides' by Nicklas Bendtner might be more 'interesting'.

3. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry & Miserable

Amazoning its way over to me tomorrow I think. Pre-ordered back in May.

Can't wait.

4. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One Trusted

Jeff Bezos, please.

Just ship mine.

celestis likes this.
  5. El Duderino

Also 2022 there'll be a documentary on him!

DanDare and American_Gooner like this.
  6. drippin

drippin Well-Known Member

How do you know it was a mistake? Maybe he wanted to be an Arsenal legend?

So you hope that our new manager who has brough hope, results and trophy leaves. Who would have guessed.

7. Tosker

Tosker Does Not Hate Foreigners

I can see the unveiling of his statue being part of such a documentary

celestis likes this.
  8. El Duderino

I mean it has to be. He should at least have a stand named after him as well.

The dream would be it being the Arsène Wenger Stadium, think he deserves that.

9. Ibadan

Ibadan Gagan Jr

Will be heading to mobilism as soon as it's uploaded

10. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

Wenger himself said staying at one club for so long is a regret/mistake.

What “legend” anyway? He gets blamed for everything, even today, he was abused and attacked for many years, planes were hired to put pressure on him, he even said he would’ve liked a job at Arsenal but nothing has ever been offered. If anything, most fans don’t want him back at the club. What sort of legend status is that?

11. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

Even if you go along with what you’re saying, which I don’t, this still goes beyond the manager, one man. This is still on the people running the club to fix.

12. kash2

kash2 Obsessed With Jury

The WengerBowl

13. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief

Looking forward to readi g this at Christmas.

14. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

15. lamby22

lamby22 It's Not Lupus

Nice reception but I can't be the only one confused why this event is going ahead with a crowd can I?

16. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Socially distanced crowd:
    [​IMG]

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  17. lamby22

lamby22 It's Not Lupus

Ah right. Still seems a bit of a shambles that they can socially distance a crowd indoors for chat about football but can't socially distance a crowd outdoors to watch a game of football.

Makavelii and American_Gooner like this.
  18. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief

19. drippin

drippin Well-Known Member

Doesn't sound like what you say in this below article. And fans not wanting him back has nothing to do with his legend status.

If people wanted him out at that time, it also has nothing to do with his legend status. And you sound like you believe that a few noisy AM critics is the majority of the fan base.

He himself stated in this article that the criticism started when Leicester won in 2016. Two years is hardly how you paint it with "for many years" when he was 22 years at the club.

"The critics started in 2016, when we finished second in the league, because we didn’t win the championship."

"Were you ever approached to manage the English national team and, if so, why did you turn it down?
    Gavin Stamp, Kingston upon Thames

Many times I was approached to coach the English national team. I turned it down for two reasons. Because I felt that, first of all, it’s better an English guy does it. And secondly, because I was happy where I was. I was at a club where I loved to do what I did.

Bayern, Juventus, Barcelona… so many clubs approached me. And today, I’m proud of how I led my life. I served this club through the delicate period to pay the stadium back. It was not only about winning the championship, but guiding the club through a very sensitive time and going completely to the end of it. And that’s what I tried to do. Afterwards people said: “You stayed too long.” Maybe, but [laughs] it’s not the way I felt!"

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/oct/11/Arsène-wenger-arsenal-manager-football

blrgooner likes this.
  20. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

That final quote is touching on what I’m saying, you sacrifice your career for the Arsenal project, turn down better jobs, easier jobs, stay right through the stadium change where there were difficulties, and at the end of it, people say “you stayed too long”.