• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Also why are people getting pissy because somebody said that Wenger’s European record is poor?

Overall it is poor, no amount of moral high ground is going to change that.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
LOL

1 final in his entire UCL career with no success. You call that record good?
This is such a lazy comment. So agenda based as well. It is an uneducated comment which strives to take away from the first years of the manager. As if he didn't come into the English game and change it COMPLETELY!!!

Yes he did only manage one UCL final. But he also had a shoestring budget for half that time.

The greatest injustice of this all is that half you dimwits don;t realise that Arsène is literally the only person who could have achieved a top four finish with players like Bendtner and Denilson.

He has his flaws and most of us want him gone now but these over the top comments trying to tarnish his record are pathetic. We've become a joke club and it's these fools who drag our club through the mud that are leading the charge

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Should rename this thread to Arsène Wenger: The delusion goes both ways.

On one hand we have people vehemently defending a man who makes ridiculous decisions lately.
On the other hand we have people vehemently trying to tarnish a manager who's record actually speaks for itself. It may not include a UCL title but go on and list the managers who could have achieved what he has in his time here.

When I started supporting this club I believed it to be a club with class. One that acts and states things in the right way. I thought this of the fans to. Lately the exact opposite is true. It is one thing for a big entity like Arsenal to turn on its fans and become a profit generating machine. Such is the nature of the economy we live in. But as a fan group and part of the image of the club, we've fallen a long long way. The modern Arsenal 'fan' is a sham.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
This is such a lazy comment. So agenda based as well. It is an uneducated comment which strives to take away from the first years of the manager. As if he didn't come into the English game and change it COMPLETELY!!!

Yes he did only manage one UCL final. But he also had a shoestring budget for half that time.

The greatest injustice of this all is that half you dimwits don;t realise that Arséne is literally the only person who could have achieved a top four finish with players like Bendtner and Denilson.

He has his flaws and most of us want him gone now but these over the top comments trying to tarnish his record are pathetic. We've become a joke club and it's these fools who drag our club through the mud that are leading the charge

Firstly no need for name calling. Goes to show your childish antics.

If you cannot have a proper debate without dishing out personal insults than you need HELP.

Also nobody is tarnishing Wenger's history, his history itself in the Champions League is not that good. We've not performed well consistently in the tournament even in our golden days.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
On the other hand we have people vehemently trying to tarnish a manager who's record actually speaks for itself..

Funnily, it's almost always those who became fans after the emirates era who try to downplay our past achievements, a side they never even saw play.
Last year you had someone claiming Conte's Chelsea side was better than the invincibles :lol:

As for Cl, I definitely feel we underperformed early in Wenger's career, where we should have won it in 03/04. Felt Wenger was too cowardly in the first leg. Also had a problem with him resting players in the Fa cup against Manu, before playing Chelsea, That side was capable of the treble.

o5/o6 cl campaign was a masterclass which deserved to end in victory, but life is cruel. After that we did pretty well for years I thought, where with margins/refs/luck on our side the story might have been different.. The last few years, except for the Monaco failure we've performed about as expected, not better or worse.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

The greatest injustice of this all is that half you dimwits don;t realise that Arséne is literally the only person who could have achieved a top four finish with players like Bendtner and Denilson.

He easily had one of the best teams in Europe from about 2001-2004 and he didn't make one final in that period. Losing to Chelsea in 2004 was the worst footballing memory of my life along with the Socceroos being bounced by Uruguay in '97 in the WC qualifier.

That being said, getting to the final in 2006 with that team was a huge achievement.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
LOL

1 final in his entire UCL career with no success. You call that record good?

But of course, anything and everything for the Pro-Wenger brigade.

The Wenger defense on this forum is laughable at times ffs. But I have to give it to you atleast its better than how we actually defend on the pitch.

Of course thirteen minutes away from glory. List mr a manager who comfortably crossed the line, and don't give me a “they crossed it BS”. This is a game of absolute fine margins.

The fact that you can “LOL” and spit in the face of Wenger... and demand caviar when you being fed sausages is exactly due to the work of the man himself.

It’s funny that so many of you can see how useless Wenger is and are baffled why he remains. Yet many of the actual professionals themselves sing a totally different tune.

Clearly you all here in your tremendous wisdom, see what they cannot see. The likes of @Gooner Zig @Rimaal @BobP and other experts out here

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Just found this on My Football Facts website, which shows the stats for the Prem since it started up to Sept 2017. Wenger's been in charge for most of this and he's had to make up some lost ground with George Graham. Two of the seasons before Wenger came we only got 51 and 56 points.

I'd say he's done an amazing job considering the spend. When he goes this club ought to give him one hell of send off.

Points accumulated:
1 United 2021
2 Arsenal 1822
3 Chelsea 1789
4 City 1677
5 Liverpool 1677
6 Sp**s 1447

For spend over this period we're 5th. :lol::lol:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
He did do great in the penny saving days. It's since we've actually started spending it's all gone wrong.

Yeah 'tis a strange one. We appear to have gotten worse since we started spending more and winning trophies again. Welcome to Paradox F. C.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Once Wenger he has ascended into the football hall of fame his legacy will be relatively intact, there’s really no need to feverishly fight for his honour in the trenches :lol:

I'm sure even people dishing out the worst insults respect what he's done to some degree - or they will with the fullness of time.

They are angry in the short term, in the now, and quite honestly we are living in an extremely "short term" society in general.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Just found this on My Football Facts website, which shows the stats for the Prem since it started up to Sept 2017. Wenger's been in charge for most of this and he's had to make up some lost ground with George Graham. Two of the seasons before Wenger came we only got 51 and 56 points.

I'd say he's done an amazing job considering the spend. When he goes this club ought to give him one hell of send off.

Points accumulated:
1 United 2021
2 Arsenal 1822
3 Chelsea 1789
4 City 1677
5 Liverpool 1677
6 Sp**s 1447

For spend over this period we're 5th. :lol::lol:
Even when Gazidis (the person people are currently championing) comes out and says Wenger has essentially overperformed... You get people trying to drive this narrative that the only competent head in our club is holding us back.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Once Wenger he has ascended into the football hall of fame his legacy will be relatively intact, there’s really no need to feverishly fight for his honour in the trenches :lol:

I'm sure even people dishing out the worst insults respect what he's done to some degree - or they will with the fullness of time.

They are angry in the short term, in the now, and quite honestly we are living in an extremely "short term" society in general.
Some people just enjoy getting angry. If we could harness all that sh*te we could do away with fossil fuels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom