• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
The fact that Iwobi and Welbeck got a full 90 tonight despite their zombified performance from the first minute is the last straw.

The old man needs to bugger off.
Any other team would have sacked him multiple times this season. And I see people here saying that he sacrificed opportunities from many big clubs to stay at Arsenal. Of course he will stay here. There is no other club that would give him this job security.

Last edited:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
What was the crowd figure from the other night ? I don't think I've seen it so empty.
The game was designated “sold out”. People just couldn’t be asked. AFC don’t publish figures for “actual fans through the turnstiles”

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I see people here saying that he sacrificed opportunities from many big clubs to stay at Arsenal. Of course he will stay here. There is no other club that would give him this job security.
Not that you are supporting it, but that argument about him having sacrificed for the club is so old and such bollocks. I honestly do not care one bit. He made his decision to stay at one point, now many years ago, and has been handsomely rewarded in terms of financial renumeration, job security and fan adulation for being our manager all these years. So what is he was a hot property 10-15 years ago. Now he isn't anymore.

Why should he be treated differently than any other manager at a top club? He simply doesn't deliver anymore. As a team we are regressing. As a club we are regressing. Yes, we win the odd cup here and there but in the Premier and Champions League we are not competing anymore. Maybe three years ago we were fighting on this forum about why we didn't win the league and what it would take us to get over that hurdle and finally come out on top in England. We talked about what it would take to win the CL. Look where we are now! We are stuck in sixth place, just got beaten at home by f***ing Östersund in the f***ing EL. Maybe we can put some polish on our turd of a season by winning the League Cup or whatever it is called.

Sorry for the rant but I am fed up. I want to stay positive but I just don't see any plan what so ever in how our club is managed. It is all so freakishly and annoyingly haphazard how we are managed and run from a football perspective.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Not that you are supporting it, but that argument about him having sacrificed for the club is so old and such bollocks. I honestly do not care one bit. He made his decision to stay at one point, now many years ago, and has been handsomely rewarded in terms of financial renumeration, job security and fan adulation for being our manager all these years. So what is he was a hot property 10-15 years ago. Now he isn't anymore.

Why should he be treated differently than any other manager at a top club? He simply doesn't deliver anymore. As a team we are regressing. As a club we are regressing. Yes, we win the odd cup here and there but in the Premier and Champions League we are not competing anymore. Maybe three years ago we were fighting on this forum about why we didn't win the league and what it would take us to get over that hurdle and finally come out on top in England. We talked about what it would take to win the CL. Look where we are now! We are stuck in sixth place, just got beaten at home by f***ing Östersund in the f***ing EL. Maybe we can put some polish on our turd of a season by winning the League Cup or whatever it is called.

Sorry for the rant but I am fed up. I want to stay positive but I just don't see any plan what so ever in how our club is managed. It is all so freakishly and annoyingly haphazard how we are managed and run from a football perspective.
Yup. We have regressed a lot. Even worse, there is no sign of things getting any better. We are now with two central strikers and No.10 without a single winger. This is what happens when we always try to make opportunistic buys instead of buying players with a fan. This season is already a write-off. Next season will be too unless Wenger leaves.

FreakySami

Yup. We have regressed a lot. Even worse, there is no sign of things getting any better. We are now with two central strikers and No.10 without a single winger. This is what happens when we always try to make opportunistic buys instead of buying players with a fan. This season is already a write-off. Next season will be too unless Wenger leaves.

You both sound like DT lol. . @CaseUteinberger look at the reality of the world of football and the world of arsenal with it's owner. There are many factors besides wenger. I won't even bother continuing this post . I'm tired of repeating myself to people that are just fed up.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
You both sound like DT lol. . @CaseUteinberger look at the reality of the world of football and the world of arsenal with it's owner. There are many factors besides wenger. I won't even bother continuing this post . I'm tired of repeating myself to people that are just fed up.
I am also tired of repeating myself. We know that Wenger is not the only problem. But he is one of the major problems at this club. People are right to be fed up.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Wenger won't win us the league again and he's evidently fallen behind the curve of the modern game, but for the love of God how can you so easily disregard his achievements? He is our greatest ever manager, don't pretend like that doesn't count for something. Yes he deserves criticism and we're right to be frustrated, but he also deserves respect.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
There are ways of saying things mate.

You can say he should go.

And then you can ask the ocean to take him.

Its is very possible to remain respectful to the manager and disagree with his way of doing things.
Yeah, you're 'Wenger out'. All the rest matters not. We're all thankful for what he's done. I respectfully want him to take a running jump out of this club and not ever to look back :D

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, you're 'Wenger out'. All the rest matters not. We're all thankful for what he's done. I respectfully want him to take a running jump out of this club and not ever to look back :D

Not quite sure you've grasped the concept of respect.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Wenger won't win us the league again and he's evidently fallen behind the curve of the modern game, but for the love of God how can you so easily disregard his achievements? He is our greatest ever manager, don't pretend like that doesn't count for something. Yes he deserves criticism and we're right to be frustrated, but he also deserves respect.
Happens to everyone who stays longer than necessary in a profession. Especially sports people. Timing the retirement/resignation is important if one needs to hold on to all the respect he has gathered over his career. The moment you try to stick to the job even after showing poor performance, all the respect you gather wanes away slowly. Wenger himself has got it all upon him. Retiring gracefully is an option which not many people get in their lives. Wenger had the option on multiple occasions. But he chose to throw them away. Now he is paying the price for it.

Jae

Staying for the benefit of the team is admirable, but unfortunately for him it looks like he's fallen on his own sword and he now has the exact opposite effect. He's been a victim of his own success really.

If he wants to brag about how he turned down others to stay here, then he should be man enough to admit he isn't the right person for the job anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom