• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Success breeds entitlement, and if there's no real reason why your club shouldn't remain competitive at the top level, only for you to drop off a cliff, then it'll piss people off. They may get used to it over time and the crowds will come back (see Sp**s), but the initial reaction will be one of anger. Unless is changes, you start not caring for your own good. Next thing you know, you're a 'sleeping giant'. Forest, Villa fans... They were angry once.
There was a time, in the days of Villa, Forest, Liverpool when winning top tier titles was all about managers.

Today winning the EPL is all about your owners. That's why we're ****ed long term.

There's still a lot of our fans that won't or can't accept this. Simeone/Leicester theories a romantic lifeline. But top 4 will be our trophy for alooooong time. And those calling Wenger's 10 trophies over 20 years, medocrity and failure, will eventually realise the truth.

Still, a new manager will get bums on seats again, so the Kroenkers will have smiles on their faces while they bag a few big game elephants. It's win win for them.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
There was a time, in the days of Villa, Forest, Liverpool when winning top tier titles was all about managers.

Today winning the EPL is all about your owners. That's why we're ****ed long term.

There's still a lot of our fans that won't or can't accept this. Simeone/Leicester theories a romantic lifeline. But top 4 will be our trophy for alooooong time. And those calling Wenger's 10 trophies over 20 years, medocrity and failure, will eventually realise the truth.

Still, a new manager will get bums on seats again, so the Kroenkers will have smiles on their faces while they bag a few big game elephants. It's win win for them.
Yes, a new manager may also get out current squad performing. You're not trying to suggest we've been performing decently under the current 'coach' are you? The owner/money argument is a very fair one but with current performances SO TO IS the manager argument.
Not suggesting I expect us to win the league. I just expect us to be more competitive.

Newchange

And to be more competitive we need a competitive mentality from the board to the manager to the players. I don't see competitive I see comfortable.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Lets try a get it right on the pitch first, which is down to the manager, not the board. What we see has nowt to do with the board, I'm sure we can all agree on that... And don't say 'yeah but the board gave him another contract' because that's an argument moving forward, and doesn't address the present.

I'm hearing people that are blaming the board, also blame the players... How can you conveniently bypass the manager ffs :lol:?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
And those calling Wenger's 10 trophies over 20 years, medocrity and failure, will eventually realise the truth.
People criticise Wenger for not showing substantial improvement despite an increase in spending from 2013 onwards. Nobody says his entire body of work is mediocrity and failure, but you already knew that.

City's exceptional performance makes this a 'freak' season, but the likes of Sp**s and Liverpool would be within striking distance of the title with their current point totals at this stage of the season in years past. All this with a similar or lower ***** **** to Arsenal.

Lets try a get it right on the pitch first, which is down to the manager, not the board. What we see has nowt to do with the board, I'm sure we can all agree on that... And don't say 'yeah but the board gave him another contract' because that's an argument moving forward, and doesn't address the present.

I'm hearing people that are blaming the board, also blame the players... How can you conveniently bypass the manager ffs :lol:?

You don't give a manager that doesn't have it anymore a contract that makes him one of the highest payed managers in the world. Simple as that.

The owner needs to take a full blame on this season.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You don't give a manager that doesn't have it anymore a contract that makes him one of the highest payed managers in the world. Simple as that.

The owner needs to take a full blame on this season.
:rolleyes: I know you can read, so wtf? :lol:

The board haven't managed the team on the pitch this season. Yes, the board should not have given him another contract, but they did, and Wenger is the one who struggled after that. What we see happening on the pitch is Wengers fault. To speak of the board is obtuse ffs.

The board aren't going to sack themselves or are under contract. The manager will go and we will see a change for the better or worse. That's what other clubs do.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

People criticise Wenger for not showing substantial improvement despite an increase in spending from 2013 onwards.
This season isn't going well but I can't agree with that.

2013 -2017
Arsenal Av. pos 3.5 . . . . 3 FA Cups 0 titles
United. Av. pos 5.5 . . . . . .3 Cups 0 titles
Sp**s Av pos 4 . . . . . . . 0 FA Cups 0 titles
Liverpool Av pos 5 . . . . . 0 FA Cup 0 titles
City Av pos 2.5 . . . . . 0 FACups 1 title
Chelsea Av 3.75 . . . . .0 FA Cups 2 titles

Arsenal have the second best av position and most trophies.

Don't know what you were expecting for the spend but the words mediocre and failure don't feature on any real narrative.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Arsenal have the second best av position
What happened to average points total?
Don't know what you were expecting for the spend but the words mediocre and failure don't feature on any real narrative.
I wouldn't call the last 4 seasons a failure, but there were opportunities in 13/14 and 15/16 to win the title. Poor (or lack of) recruitment in the summer ended up being the team's undoing in both of those seasons, that's down to the manager.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I wouldn't call the last 4 seasons a failure, but there were opportunities in 13/14 and 15/16 to win the title. Poor (or lack of) recruitment in the summer ended up being the team's undoing in both of those seasons, that's down to the manager.
It's far from a failure bro. Even you think we should have won 3 Cups and 2 titles. With our spend that would have been a miracle.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
This season isn't going well but I can't agree with that.

2013 -2017
Arsenal Av. pos 3.5 . . . . 3 FA Cups 0 titles
United. Av. pos 5.5 . . . . . .3 Cups 0 titles
Sp**s Av pos 4 . . . . . . . 0 FA Cups 0 titles
Liverpool Av pos 5 . . . . . 0 FA Cup 0 titles
City Av pos 2.5 . . . . . 0 FACups 1 title
Chelsea Av 3.75 . . . . .0 FA Cups 2 titles

Arsenal have the second best av position and most trophies.

Agreed, we're the 3rd best team during that period. However, I would argue that Liverpool and Sp**s were not on our level prior to 2013 and they've definitely stepped up and surpassed over the past 2 seasons. United are the example to laugh at (and it gives me great joy). However, the way we capitulated during our 2 title runs (13/14 and 15/16) can only be attributed to the mentality the manager has built in the team. Is Wenger good? Yes he is. Is he world class anymore. I wouldn't say so. We have a real opportunity to push up and be contenders, but we need the very best manager, not just a good manager anymore.

I'd blame recruitment on the board and not Wenger. We don't have enough of a clear view of internal workings to blame that on Wenger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom