• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Agreed, we're the 3rd best team during that period. However, I would argue that Liverpool and Sp**s were not on our level prior to 2013 and they've definitely stepped up and surpassed over the past 2 seasons. United are the example to laugh at (and it gives me great joy). However, the way we capitulated during our 2 title runs (13/14 and 15/16) can only be attributed to the mentality the manager has built in the team. Is Wenger good? Yes he is. Is he world class anymore. I wouldn't say so. We have a real opportunity to push up and be contenders, but we need the very best manager, not just a good manager anymore.

I'd blame recruitment on the board and not Wenger. We don't have enough of a clear view of internal workings to blame that on Wenger.
That's pretty good assessment, bro.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Sad thing is, some of the Wenger IN stuff we'll see over the next couple of weeks will be serious. I mean, I don't want to take any gloss away but Mario and Luigi would have given us a harder tie. AC Milan are absolute horse ****e.
Do horsesh*t teams go unbeaten for 14 games in the Serie A with 10 clean sheets, including beating Roma away and Inter? Probably not.

Dj_sds -

I'd blame recruitment on the board and not Wenger. We don't have enough of a clear view of internal workings to blame that on Wenger.

You dont have enough of a clear view of internal workings but do know the board is to blame for recruitment and wenger is exempt from blame. Even though the man himself has said he has full control over the technical side, logic..

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
This season isn't going well but I can't agree with that.

2013 -2017
Arsenal Av. pos 3.5 . . . . 3 FA Cups 0 titles
United. Av. pos 5.5 . . . . . .3 Cups 0 titles
Sp**s Av pos 4 . . . . . . . 0 FA Cups 0 titles
Liverpool Av pos 5 . . . . . 0 FA Cup 0 titles
City Av pos 2.5 . . . . . 0 FACups 1 title
Chelsea Av 3.75 . . . . .0 FA Cups 2 titles

Arsenal have the second best av position and most trophies.

Don't know what you were expecting for the spend but the words mediocre and failure don't feature on any real narrative.
Love how you place the FA cups before the league titles to try suit your narrative. Nice touch. Propaganda101:lol:
Do horsesh*t teams go unbeaten for 14 games in the Serie A with 10 clean sheets, including beating Roma away and Inter? Probably not.
Milan were not great Trax., They were definitely not horseshit but they barely threatened us and a better side would have had at least two goals in the first 5 shaky minutes....
We're through so who cares but you keep using results like this to paper over the massive cracks and it is beginning to seem very forced.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Love how you place the FA cups before the league titles to try suit your narrative. Nice touch. Propaganda101:lol:

Milan were not great Trax., They were definitely not horseshit but they barely threatened us and a better side would have had at least two goals in the first 5 shaky minutes....
We're through so who cares but you keep using results like this to paper over the massive cracks and it is beginning to seem very forced.
The table conclusively shows that in the 4 seasons after 2013, Arsenal have not been a 'failure or mediocre team' in that period as all the rhetoric on AM would suggest.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
The table conclusively shows that in the 4 seasons after 2013, Arsenal have not been a 'failure or mediocre team' in that period as all the rhetoric on AM would suggest.
In terms of the league we have though! You're using the FA cup as some sort of distraction from the facts. The trophies are great but the picture as a whole is quite badly stained with the obvious failures, we as fans, have witnessed weekly.

It isn't even up for debate anymore really. You're club PR...

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
@Makingtrax you can bleat on about money all day long but when the manager is making horrible errors THAT HE DIDN'T MAKE YEARS AGO, you just look like someone who doesn't understand the sport. I can handle not winning the title because Pep has a super sayan team of freakishly good players and we can't compete with that but we're not even on the periphery anymore. We've been more than just blitzed aside, we've all but been forgotten in terms of the title.... Sp**s and Liverpool... Two teams who I would agree with you are not at our level and haven't achieved as we have are being heralded as the better bets these days and there is a solid and founded reasoning for that.... The football world isn't against us. They just see it for what it is.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

In terms of the league we have though! You're using the FA cup as some sort of distraction from the facts. The trophies are great but the picture as a whole is quite badly stained with the obvious failures, we as fans, have witnessed weekly.

It isn't even up for debate anymore really. You're club PR...
Of course it's up for debate. You can't suppress free speech bro. Many have tried.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

@Makingtrax you can bleat on about money all day long but when the manager is making horrible errors THAT HE DIDN'T MAKE YEARS AGO, you just look like someone who doesn't understand the sport. I can handle not winning the title because Pep has a super sayan team of freakishly good players and we can't compete with that but we're not even on the periphery anymore. We've been more than just blitzed aside, we've all but been forgotten in terms of the title.... Sp**s and Liverpool... Two teams who I would agree with you are not at our level and haven't achieved as we have are being heralded as the better bets these days and there is a solid and founded reasoning for that.... The football world isn't against us. They just see it for what it is.
The football world is full sh*te. Pundits constantly contradicting themselves. Not one of them can consistently predict the outcome a match. Refs can't agree on the rules. VAR is a mess.

Journos talk boll*cks. Adam Crafton,a full time professional football journalist, predicts not one Arsenal player would get in the Sp**s team, then we win 2-0 and he gets a humiliating pile of abuse thrown at him.

No one on here can agree on anything. Welbeck was the biggest pile of sh*te to crawl out from under a rock a few weeks ago and Wenger was out of his mind picking him. Looking at his thread last night, he's back to useful or elite status :lol: Elneny is brilliant, sh*te, brilliant, sh*te, depending when you read his thread.

No bro, the football world doesn't see anything for what it is. :rolleyes:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
The football world is full sh*te. Pundits constantly contradicting themselves. Not one of them can consistently predict the outcome a match. Refs can't agree on the rules. VAR is a mess.

Journos talk boll*cks. Adam Crafton,a full time professional football journalist, predicts not one Arsenal player would get in the Sp**s team, then we win 2-0 and he gets a humiliating pile of abuse thrown at him.

No one on here can agree on anything. Welbeck was the biggest pile of sh*te to crawl out from under a rock a few weeks ago and Wenger was out of his mind picking him. Looking at his thread last night, he's back to useful or elite status :lol: Elneny is brilliant, sh*te, brilliant, sh*te, depending when you read his thread.

No bro, the football world doesn't see anything for what it is. :rolleyes:
Okay Trax, we've been amazing this season. Best Arsenal team I have ever seen. Cheated at every moment out of the trophy which should have been ours by now. In no way shape or form is Arsène Wenger responsible for our position. In no way shape or form could he have altered any of our results with better management. It is all a huge conspiracy and the Arsenal are victims of a massive and well kept sinister plan to keep Wenger from winning any major trophies again.

You've gone from one of the top posters on here to one of the worst this season and it is because you defend the un-defendable. It is one thing to highlight the fact that the league is won by money now but it is entirely another to ignore every other aspect which could help us to get that step closer.

People may not agree on players etc etc. But one thing the whole football community agrees on right now is that Wenger is past it he needs to move on before he completely tarnishes his record.

Honestly, your defense of him is starting to make you look absolutely silly and quite the hyprocrite having stated many times that the last five years have been underwhelming.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Okay Trax, we've been amazing this season. Best Arsenal team I have ever seen. Cheated at every moment out of the trophy which should have been ours by now. In no way shape or form is Arséne Wenger responsible for our position. In no way shape or form could he have altered any of our results with better management. It is all a huge conspiracy and the Arsenal are victims of a massive and well kept sinister plan to keep Wenger from winning any major trophies again.

You've gone from one of the top posters on here to one of the worst this season and it is because you defend the un-defendable. It is one thing to highlight the fact that the league is won by money now but it is entirely another to ignore every other aspect which could help us to get that step closer.

People may not agree on players etc etc. But one thing the whole football community agrees on right now is that Wenger is past it he needs to move on before he completely tarnishes his record.

Honestly, your defense of him is starting to make you look absolutely silly and quite the hyprocrite having stated many times that the last five years have been underwhelming.
My post just showed the Arsenal stats for 2013-2017 compared to the other top 6 sides, and because they actually look quite good it's sent you into mouth frothing rant.

We're old sparring partners bro, and you know goading me doesn't work :lol:

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
You dont have enough of a clear view of internal workings but do know the board is to blame for recruitment and wenger is exempt from blame. Even though the man himself has said he has full control over the technical side, logic..

Because ultimately the buck stops with them. We also know very clearly that they dictate budget and in some cases, push for players to be sold (like Nasri, even though Wenger wanted to keep him).

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Don't know what you were expecting for the spend but the words mediocre and failure don't feature on any real narrative.
Again, I never said it was a failure but to act like it's unreasonable to think the team could have done better in the league is strange.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Again, I never said it was a failure but to act like it's unreasonable to think the team could have done better in the league is strange.
Anybody acting like that would be crazy. Of course the team might have done even better in that period.

Last edited:

VancouverCanuck

This season isn't going well but I can't agree with that.

2013 -2017
Arsenal Av. pos 3.5 . . . . 3 FA Cups 0 titles
United. Av. pos 5.5 . . . . . .3 Cups 0 titles
Sp**s Av pos 4 . . . . . . . 0 FA Cups 0 titles
Liverpool Av pos 5 . . . . . 0 FA Cup 0 titles
City Av pos 2.5 . . . . . 0 FACups 1 title
Chelsea Av 3.75 . . . . .0 FA Cups 2 titles

Arsenal have the second best av position and most trophies.

As many people have pointed out over and over again, it would be much more preferable to win the title 1 for one year and finish outside top 4 in the other 4 years. That would mean a lower average. But the team would be considered more successful over that 5 years period.

And are you trying to imply winning the FA cup is as good as the league title, or even Europa?

If that is really your prerogative, we can just agree to disagree. But I suspect you are just making those arguments for the sake of the argument.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

As many people have pointed out over and over again, it would be much more preferable to win the title 1 for one year and finish outside top 4 in the other 4 years. That would mean a lower average. But the team would be considered more successful over that 5 years period.

And are you trying to imply winning the FA cup is as good as the league title, or even Europa?

If that is really your prerogative, we can just agree to disagree. But I suspect you are just making those arguments for the sake of the argument.
The only conclusion I've drawn about those 4 years is that Arsenal have not been as bad as 'failure and mediocre', as I've read on here over and over. The record stands up well against the other 5 top teams for our spend.

People pointing out stuff about the relative merits of trophies or preferring titles to consistency doesn't seem to have any bearing on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom