• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Do people need a reminder about the Wenger v Ferguson documentary on channel 5 tonight? 10pm.

Best sporting rivalry of my lifetime tbh, and the best that football has ever been for me. Would suggest it’s a must-watch at any time, let alone after the news of the past few days.
Cant wait aswell as his bio when it comes out

Only a true haters can take what Wenger said about the fans as some attack against them.

Should be obvious by now that what Wenger is saying is that he decide to step down(not sacked, forced, given a ultimatum) because he didn't feel he could unite the fans anymore and that goes in with the rumors that the board want someone who can unite the fans again, which is probably Wenger suggestion.

Feels like he thought about leaving after last season but wanted to give it one last go because well when you have 10 M contract at the table and you are at some place you really love it is hard to say no. But in the end he couldn't do that.

Wenger is right when he says that there will be loses and struggles after he leaves. So it is vital that the fans take a hard look into the mirror and pull their **** together for next season. Because the next manager will need all the support we can give because next season will be extremely difficult with world cup, coaching new tactics, short transfer window, etc!

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
interesting piece by a genuine celebrity fan

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/club...-arsenal-says-nick-hornby?device=featurephone

Preacher

Always Crying
Stick to facts.
Z8JkCZk.jpg

If people need facts, they need Rafa as new manager. Two rabbits with one shot:drool:

Last edited:

progman07

Established Member

They have watched Nicklas Bendtner and Emmanuel Eboue, Philippe Senderos and Sebastien Squillaci, Johan Djourou and Carl Jenkinson, Marouane Chamakh, Andre Santos and Manuel Almunia, frequently all at once. And those players were directly responsible for the loss of others they loved, notably Van Persie and Fabregas.

This has been the beginning of the end for Wenger. Regardless of how much money we had or we did not have, some of these players he kept on playing were pathetic... (especially in the defensive department)

GoonerBoy19

Wenger is experienced enough to understand there was only one way to unite the fans, results. People have been very patient with him, I am sure no other manager would have got this much of fans and club backing before getting the door. Anyone with half decent footballing brain could tell last 2 seasons have been disaster, we have been beaten by mediocre teams. Not only he was unable to motivate the team the transfer, tactics, playing players out of position, player replacements, everything was piss poor. He tried too hard to do everything by himself and got into a mess.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
must say it's beginning to look as if Wenger was far from accepting that his current contract was his last, so it's a good job he was 'persuaded' to go this year

Wait! PSG will hire Wenger as an interpreter? :lol::lol:

say yes

forum master baiter
Breath of fresh air after all "Wenger is my father too" claims .

If you want a lighter take give the most recent Tuesday Club podcast a spin. Can stream online if not already listening on your podcast device: https://thetuesdayclub.libsyn.com

Can't stop laughing. Always been the best arsenal podcast. Hope they start making them more regularly again now that Wenger is gone and the club is less depressing.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Think this is what will be sore point for Arséne . He's covered for them for years like a decade . They'd come out and things Arséne has plenty of money to spend" . Yet agent would say the opposite . We now know that was rubbish and he had to sell to buy .

What will be the single most important in ensuring Arsenal is a powerhouse is an increase in revenue streams . Which we are lagging atm.

Agree and I thought that was Gazidis' main job. We strengthened Chelsea with the sale of Giroud because we are still a selling club with comparatively poor revenue streams compared to the new Big 3.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Agree and I thought that was Gazidis' main job. We strengthened Chelsea with the sale of Giroud because we are still a selling club with comparatively poor revenue streams compared to the new Big 3.

As much as Wenger is on the end of the sporting drop off, Gazidis and his team should've done a lot better on the business end of things. Despite recent years' results, Arsenal is still the biggest club in London (!) with a global fanbase, a famous manager, (up until last year) CL football, some players highly regarded by fans around the world (Fabregas, van persie, Özil, Alexis) and a clear identity - that's a very strong brand.

I just feel the financial work done behind the scenes by Gazidis & Co hasn't been enough and not every opportunity of making money has been used properly. Or there's actually more money leaking towards Kroenke than we're aware of.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

"
https://le-grove.co.uk/2018/04/23/wengers-anger-at-fans-very-misguided/

Think this is an interesting take on recent days. My favourite part of the article

"He can’t see what he did wrong, he hates that his stellar reputation and past deeds can’t control fan feelings, he’s devastated he could no longer reimagine failure in a pithy sentence the fans would buy, he’s absolutely baffled that setting the bar isn’t enough, unless you can maintain it"

Interesting Amy and Auclair don't think so .

KROENKE SUCKS

This has been the beginning of the end for Wenger. Regardless of how much money we had or we did not have, some of these players he kept on playing were pathetic... (especially in the defensive department)

He was working on a budget, keeping the likes of van Persie and Fabregas meant making do elsewhere. You think he could have had Nesta but chose Sebastien Squillaci just to have a laugh?

KROENKE SUCKS

Wenger is experienced enough to understand there was only one way to unite the fans, results. People have been very patient with him, I am sure no other manager would have got this much of fans and club backing before getting the door. Anyone with half decent footballing brain could tell last 2 seasons have been disaster, we have been beaten by mediocre teams. Not only he was unable to motivate the team the transfer, tactics, playing players out of position, player replacements, everything was piss poor. He tried too hard to do everything by himself and got into a mess.

Backing? What backing? The club took advantage of his abilities to run the finances as cheaply as they could. Then when things started to go south they gave into fan backlash and sacked him despite only missing UCL in 19 out of 20 years. If I were him I would be incensed.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Backing? What backing? The club took advantage of his abilities to run the finances as cheaply as they could. Then when things started to go south they gave into fan backlash and sacked him despite only missing UCL in 19 out of 20 years. If I were him I would be incensed.
He'll take a year off on a beach somewhere (and maybe take the French NT job), then get a massive raise to manage a financially-doped club -- not the worst fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom