• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doom

In a sense it doesn't matter if Wenger signs or not; his great work has been achieved and a new manager will be taking over one of the best clubs in the world.

As we saw from the summer transfer window and the financial results last week, Arsenal are now a financial heavyweight able to compete at the top of the transfer market.

Wenger will also leave a legacy of a burgeoning squad, an exciting academy, a new stadium, new training ground and the club at the fore of the sports data revolution.

It'd be a poor manager that's unable to leverage those advantages into a trophey ever two or three seasons.

For all that I'd be delighted if Wenger stayed with us a while longer.

I know many here don't believe in him but I do. I've watched him rise and I watched as he was at his peak laid low by forces beyond his control.

I want to see him rise again. I want Wengerball one more time before the closing of the night.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Just a fancy way of saying that he left because it got to hard for him to be able to manage his way out of it.

Anyway I'm not a fan of Klopp that is well documented on here. Lets not turn it to a thread about a manager that will never ever manage Arsenal. Thankfully!
After two Bundesliga titles and one Double, along with a CL Final, I wouldn't fault him for trying something new to be honest. I think he'd have left them anyway, even if he had a better last season there.

Goonerozil33

In a sense it doesn't matter if Wenger signs or not; his great work has been achieved and a new manager will be taking over one of the best clubs in the world.

As we saw from the summer transfer window and the financial results last week, Arsenal are now a financial heavyweight able to compete at the top of the transfer market.

Wenger will also leave a legacy of a burgeoning squad, an exciting academy, a new stadium, new training ground and the club at the fore of the sports data revolution.

It'd be a poor manager that's unable to leverage those advantages into a trophey ever two or three seasons.

For all that I'd be delighted if Wenger stayed with us a while longer.

I know many here don't believe in him but I do. I've watched him rise and I watched as he was at his peak laid low by forces beyond his control.

I want to see him rise again. I want Wengerball one more time before the closing of the night.
Why do you keep making me emotional with your posts..I really hope the bolded part becomes true except that i want it many more times.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
what is sad is that you are happy that we are behind Sp**s. And use that as a punchline in your argument. How pathetic!!!!!
The laughing emoticon wasn't used because I find it funny that we're behind Sp**s; I find it funny that someone thinks being behind Sp**s seven games in--(or even being third) is an achievement worthy of praise. That is pathetic. That, and your horrific 'nobody will love us once Wenger goes' ****ing drivel. Get a ****ing grip, yer soppy wooden-top.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
If we can get someone to push us forward, yes. He should leave then.

If he can actually get us properly challenging this year, and I mean literally challenging to the last week of the league, then yes contract renewal.

Unless we find someone better, then no.

Last edited:

Lancelot

Established Member
Voted yes to show my support for our manager.

I'd love to meet him in person one day, sincerely thank him for all the great memories and tell him that, for me, the best thing about his tenure here isn't the success he brought to the club, but rather that I've gradually learned to fall deeply in love with our club's values and identity because of him and how he always leads by example on that front.

Thank you for being the very personification of this quote, Boss;

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value. Look around at how people want to get more out of life than they put in. A man of value will give more than he receives."

- Albert Einstein

Doom

Voted yes to show my support for our manager.

I'd love to meet him in person one day, sincerely thank him for all the great memories and tell him that, for me, the best thing about his tenure here isn't the success he brought to the club, but rather that I've gradually learned to fall deeply in love with our club's values and identity because of him and how he always leads by example on that front.

Thank you for being the very personification of this quote, Boss;

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value. Look around at how people want to get more out of life than they put in. A man of value will give more than he receives."

- Albert Einstein

What would you ask Wenget if you met him?

I'd ask his rationale for not playing ultra cagey in the big games when we were getting wiped out.

Though some of those disasters are partially explicable. Like the 6-3 against City was just after a draining Euro game in Udinese and the 8-2 with Utd was with a team of Arsenal reserves. Though I did like the cut of Coquelin's jib that day.

Goonerozil33

The laughing emoticon wasn't used because I find it funny that we're behind Sp**s; I find it funny that someone thinks being behind Sp**s seven games in--(or even being third) is an achievement worthy of praise. That is pathetic. That, and your horrific 'nobody will love us once Wenger goes' ****ing drivel. Get a ****ing grip, yer soppy wooden-top.
You do understand that people can have an opinion that is different from yours. You sound so bitter and negative. It feels like i am talking to Mourinho. The only thing you can come up with is some childish comments. So will try to ignore you going forward.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You do understand that people can have an opinion that is different from yours. You sound so bitter and negative. It feels like i am talking to Mourinho. The only thing you can come up with is some childish comments. So will try to ignore you going forward.
I have no clue as to what posts you are referring to tbh. You seem to go off on weird tangents every time. Try reading what you see. That's a genuine tip for you on your venture forward.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Deal for 3 years. It is not like there are amazing managers waiting in the wings. When he eventually leaves, whoever joins us will not stay long with us. If he is successful it is very likely that he will be tempted by real or barca. I just can't believe there will be some manager who will love this club as much as Arsène does
You talk about 'negativity', after you post stuff like this? Sublime :lol:

Lancelot

Established Member

I'd ask his rationale for not playing ultra cagey in the big games when we were getting wiped out.

Though some of those disasters are partially explicable. Like the 6-3 against City was just after a draining Euro game in Udinese and the 8-2 with Utd was with a team of Arsenal reserves. Though I did like the cut of Coquelin's jib that day.
Oooh, that is a very interesting question from you, mate. I'd certainly want to know why as well.

As for me, I think that my most pertinent question would be; why did his youth teams during the stadium years cannot cope with pressure or maintain their level of play throughout a season? and if we live in a more understanding world, would he want to have a go at it again?

Personally, I have always felt that we could have done better even with those younger players, but there seemed to be this psychological block that they just couldn't get through no matter what the Boss did. I believe that Wenger himself, more than anyone else, would want to get to the bottom of it and try his best to solve that haunting puzzle, given the chance.

Last edited:

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Arguing there's no good managers to replace Wenger is the same argument used for the summer where we brought no outfield players. Utter bollocks. I think we could even nick Klopp off Liverpool once he's seen enough of Jordan Henderson's face.

As for Wenger, I have the feeling everybody is ready to move on, him, the club and the fans.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity

I would ask him why could he not have brought someone better than Almunia?

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Surprised the majority want a new deal, just wait until we lose a few games and the momentum will swing again. :lol:

Have absolutely lost all faith in Wenger being able to deliver some serious silverware, so yeah, no deal obviously.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arguing there's no good managers to replace Wenger is the same argument used for the summer where we brought no outfield players. Utter bollocks. I think we could even nick Klopp off Liverpool once he's seen enough of Jordan Henderson's face.

As for Wenger, I have the feeling everybody is ready to move on, him, the club and the fans.
I have a feeling that your feelings could be wrong. The polls in the national newspapers show overwhelmingly that Arsenal fans want him to stay. And the AM poll at the top of this thread is following a less but similar pattern.

So perhaps you're speaking for the minority mate.:eek:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
If he wins the league, I'll be happy to see him have another go at retaining it. But the truth is he didn't deserve another shot after the clusterfvck of last preseason, and the subsequent humiliation of finishing behind Leicester, in a penalty kick of a chance of winning the league.

Even his nearest and dearest thought last season was sh!t or bust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom