Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Makingtrax, Oct 7, 2016.

1. To Be A Rock

To Be A Rock Well-Known Member

download (24).jpg
    Exclusive behind the scenes snap of Wenger forcing Sanchez to play with Giroud and Ramsey not to stay with players at corners....

Makingtrax likes this.
  2. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

3. Deathstroke

Deathstroke The Terminator

Absolutely.

It's the best chance we'll have of shipping out the likes of Oxlade, Ramsey & Gibbs and bringing in better players with more consistency and are less injury-prone. I'd be down with letting go of Wilshere & Oezil as well. Ideally, Walcott too, but he's probably staying for life and replacing Gazidis.

That said, a large-scale purge may not be practical in the eyes of the club and perhaps the new manager; and there is also the home-grown quota to be considered.

All this, while likely facing the ignominy of dropping out of the Champions League places (and possibly even Europe; we're closer to 6th & 7th than 4th ATM).

Whoever's coming in, I don't envy you.

4R5Emaniac likes this.
  4. Tosker

Tosker Well-Known Member

an incoming big shot manager would surely be happier if the task was to get us back up near or at the top, rather than maintain a top position - Pep would agree, judging by his latest comments

5. Xhaka Zulu

Xhaka Zulu Well-Known Member

Can you expand on this? So he needs to step down, but you feel a new manager won't fix this mess. Why does he need to step down then? To appease the part of the fanbase that wants him gone?

6. 4R5Emaniac

4R5Emaniac Always fresh from Bangladesh

This fantastic piece of vision of the future is very Bangladeshi of you. @Kingslayer watch your back you bald cvnt.

And yes I agree with most of what you've said but I'd keep Jack. I think we could manage the HG issue with what we have and also hopefully adding actual HG players from the academy. And yes it does seem a lot of work as well as a lot of change but its what should happen after the mess that is the current state of affairs. The project failed and we need to go up a few levels to move forward with another project.

Jury likes this.
  7. YeahBee

YeahBee Sign all the Swedes

So it is confirmed a one year deal?

what the fvck is that good for?

even with a cup win why should we let him stay on with even a lesser squad?

8. 4R5Emaniac

This season is gone imo. We should plan ahead. Thats why I hope we don't hand out extensions before a manager is appointed and hopefully someone above(DoF) who knows how to build a squad according to the requirements.

Yes, Wenger has been too emotionally attached and that has created a big problem-we've actually gone through this process before with the last group of players without much to show for it. His idea of buying up British talent to create a united and family like team has backfired because they aren't actual HG players but players bought from other clubs and obviously the biggest reason being they are not up to the required standard.

Many of the players from the side have been found wanting and given their contract situation, its an opportunity to not make the same mistake for third time consecutively is what I tried to say.

9. 4R5Emaniac

Sorry but Wenger has most control over which players are bought. Majority were bought by Wenger from other clubs and weren't taught to play football by him but developed.

Personally, I don't mind the idea of Wenger taking another role while there is a new coaching staff working with the first team squad but I'd rather someone who knows what he is supposed to do and not do.

10. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Hoping Emery cloud has a silver lining

Vinci, To Be A Rock and Tir Na Nog like this.
  11. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog Every Little Thing Is Gonna Be Alright

I don't even need to click on the link, if it's on the Express it's definitely bullshit.

12. gunner4lyfe

gunner4lyfe Well-Known Member

The way the team has performed is doing that. Not the fans.

Deathstroke likes this.
  13. YeahBee

YeahBee Sign all the Swedes

We should not plan ahead, we should plan onhead as in NOW

New manager in starting MONDAY

It is the best possible scenario because both outcomes works

A: He gets us top4, great job the team and him pulled thru, silly season starts with a positive feeling in the club, he gets the cup glory and a new era has dawned

B: the worse case scenario, we don't get top4 or the cup. harsh but in reality not the new gaffers fault. silly season starts with an urgency. we should behave like Juventus when they were dropped to Serie B, they frekkin bounced back! and had a legauetitle 2 years after being back.
    a good transfersummer a solid run for 4th and a Europa League win and a new manager should have a titlecontending team

with Arséne stil at the helm for even a single year not to mention two? we will be battling relegation ):

14. To Be A Rock

The team is the most responsible for the current awful run for sure. But, when I hear 'fans' chanting 'you don't know what you're doing' at Wenger for substituting an obviously injured Sanchez, well, that's a new kind of dumb. And NO respect whatsoever let alone any understanding of the game

carlito'sway and Makingtrax like this.
  15. Elmo15

Elmo15 New Member

Does wenger speak with logic ??!

16. To Be A Rock

And WHAT is that to do with my point?

Makingtrax and carlito'sway like this.
  17. Gervais

Gervais Well-Known Member

Tbh I'd love a bit of a chaotic summer where we completely embarrass ourselves by getting the wrong manager and sign half of Bournemouth's team.

Wengers turned me into a sadist.

18. GDeep™

GDeep™ Hipster

Wenger would never sign a one year deal as it puts so much spotlight and pressure on him and his team every week next season.

"This is your last home game v Utd, this is maybe your last FA Cup game, this is your last visit to Anfield" etc.

He'll stay on a multiple year deal or go.

To Be A Rock likes this.
  19. law90026

law90026 Well-Known Member

Can't believe I've been away for an extended period and people are still able to debate Wenger staying on.

He's actually holding the club to hostage now by not stating what his position is and leaving it to the last. If he stays till May before declaring that he's done (and moving to Barcelona or PSG), that would be one final **** you to the club.

20. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

I think a one-year deal would be met with a very toxic response.

Deathstroke likes this.