• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

OShea's2010

Wenger leaving along with Alexis and Özil and probably 10 more first team players is going to make next season and probably the season after a huge struggle. Wenger won't want to leave the club in such a mess and I can see why he'll try and cling on for another year.

However, I'm willing to accept a few years of 6th place finishes if it means he leaves this May. The whole club needs change, most of our squad needs clearing out for starters, the gang of losers.
I actually think the players would play a lot better with discipline and under strict instruction from a Simeone/Allegri type. they're not natural leaders so they need it from the manager

David_Smith

The players need to band together and motivate themselves. There's only so much Wenger could do.
We did it a few years ago where players requested training overtime. Arteta was our such leader back then we need one now.

mm76

Yer Da
The players need to band together and motivate themselves. There's only so much Wenger could do.
We did it a few years ago where players requested training overtime. Arteta was our such leader back then we need one now.

We just don't have anyone like that sadly

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
You guys need to understand the importance of finishing in the Champions League, and what it allows us access to.

Absolutely critical that Wenger gets there before handing over the reins. We then use our new found financial strength and readjust from there. And yes, that means spending money to get in the necessary players.

Dont let anyone fool you into believing we need to "set the bar lower for the new manager" or that we had enough of the Champions League and can sit out a few seasons. You are deluding yourself.

mm76

Yer Da
You guys need to understand the importance of finishing in the Champions League, and what it allows us access to.

i'm not sure i agree. TBH it could do us good not to have that pressure for just one season, in order to get the new setup going and give the players more of a chance to stay fit, form an effective unit and have a really good PL season.

Arsenal, with a new manager with a strong reputation, would be big enough to attract good players who would be confident of CL football the following season

Last edited:

Preacher

Always Crying
I have read, that 'Wenger In' banner was paid for by a firm in Hong Kong called Jardine Matheson. Is it real information or a banter ?

Sir Chips is a member of the Keswick family which control Hong Kong company Jardine Matheson.

If this is true, Sir Chips is a ultimate troll:lol:

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Absolutely critical that Wenger gets there before handing over the reins. We then use our new found financial strength and readjust from there. And yes, that means spending money to get in the necessary players.

Dont let anyone fool you into believing we need to "set the bar lower for the new manager" or that we had enough of the Champions League and can sit out a few seasons. You are deluding yourself.

What does it allow us access to?

SA Gunner

i'm not sure i agree. TBH it could do us good not to have that pressure for just one season, in order to get the new setup going and give the players more of a chance to stay fit, form an effective unit and have a really good PL season.

Arsenal, with a new manager with a strong reputation, would be big enough to attract good players who would be confident of CL football the following season

Simply put mate, we are big enough to handle all those competitions and do well in them.

We have a good squad, despite the current performances. Its up to us to add to this squad and do more with the players on the field.

We have gone further in the Champions League during the Banter Era, with the same manager, same freestyling on the field and same problems in general.

SA Gunner

What does it allow us access to?

To dine with Europe's finest, be in line for the best players outside of the elite clubs. A promise of top draw football for all.

Perception may not be reality, but it determines reality.

We must never take that for granted, no matter how "sick and tired" you think you are.

mm76

Yer Da
Simply put mate, we are big enough to handle all those competitions and do well in them.

We have a good squad, despite the current performances. Its up to us to add to this squad and do more with the players on the field.

We have gone further in the Champions League during the Banter Era, with the same manager, same freestyling on the field and same problems in general.

sure, it's just that if Wenger leaving is dependent on our not qualifying for the CL, then i'm all for not qualifying ;)

and then what i said comes in to play

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
To dine with Europe's finest, be in line for the best players outside of the elite clubs. A promise of top draw football for all.

Perception may not be reality, but it determines reality.

We must never take that for granted, no matter how "sick and tired" you think you are.

I don't buy into that train of thought. As mentioned earlier in the thread all the players we've signed in recent times we could've got without champions league football (with the exception of Özil and Sanchez). Arsenal is a step up for most players, champions league or not. We pay high wages and are one of the biggest clubs in the world. That doesn't change being out of the champions league for a season or two.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

A lot of fans get stick for saying "this is the year we finally get out of the top 4" etc. But the warning signs have been there, Wenger's decline has been clear to all for a few years now. What's happening now was going to happen eventually.

Similar to failing to get rid of a player who's showing signs of decline until he starts costing you points on a regular basis. Damage already done.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I have read, that 'Wenger In' banner was paid for by a firm in Hong Kong called Jardine Matheson. Is it real information or a banter ?

Sir Chips is a member of the Keswick family which control Hong Kong company Jardine Matheson.

If this is true, Sir Chips is a ultimate troll:lol:

DT probably made it up mate.

Preacher

Always Crying
DT probably made it up mate.
That banner was paid for from a Hong Kong is a fact, because company, that flew that banner said it. I don't think, that DT made it up, he just jumped on the bandwagon. Somebody earlier had spread this information. Maybe it was just a banter. But very random place - Hong Kong and Sir Chips ties makes you think...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom