<

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Makingtrax, Oct 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brown Gooner

Brown Gooner DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH

People fussing at the back three seem uninformed.

A back three means more defensive security and extra cover for the midfielders. And one crucial aspect of playing a back three alongside wingbacks is that the RWB and LWB should be able to cover ground fast when the ball is lost and make the back three into a back five.

And most importantly teams that do successfully employ a back three most often field three proper CBs. Take Italy for example, Barzagli, Bonucci and Chiellini are three out and out Central defenders. So playing LBs like Nacho and Kola in the back three should be avoided and be done only when there is an injury/suspension crisis (like the FA Cup final against Chelsea). When your proper CBs are fit and available they should always be your primary players in the back three. Which would mean that since Mustafi, Per and Chambers are all fit and available, they should've been selected in the back three ahead of Nacho. Nacho/Kola/Elneny should play in the back three only when the proper CBs are not available.

So instead of blaming the 343 and the formation, the blame has to be put on the person selecting the wrong personnel for the formation to work effectively!

CaseUteinberger and YeahBee like this.
  2. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado Trusted

Stan must be pissed at every employee below him.

We struggle at buying, selling & renewing players.

Tactics poor.

Players not putting in the effort.

... Must be livid today after that performance vs the team of a rival US owner.

Artisan likes this.
  3. David_Smith

David_Smith Well-Known Member

We're 3 games in but confidence is shattered. Luckily there is a long way to go. Wenger knows what he must do and we have to stay calm and support Arsenal.

4. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Well-Known Member

I'm so sick and tired of it all. Nothing is gonna change until Wenger is gone. Same ****, different season. every season looks the same, dejavu.

When these 2 years are over we all know he is just gonna sign another contract again, rinse and repeat, we been down this same road millions of times. I don't know how much more effort and energy I have to care anymore. Just feeling like I am watching the same movie on repeat over and over

CaseUteinberger and Artisan like this.
  5. David_Smith

David_Smith Well-Known Member

I think you need to go out and smoke a cigarette before you return to posting because if you are an Arsenal fan you cannot mean what you just said.

Brown Gooner likes this.
  6. RoadrunnerReloaded

RoadrunnerReloaded Well-Known Member

He probably hasn't even seen the text about the result yet as he sits in his ranch and wanks over his Los Angeles Rams property development project.

7. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Same old manager.

Godwin1 and North5 like this.
  8. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

9. bojed

bojed AM Resident Joker #1 Trusted

Ever since that 8-2 mauling by Man Utd, I don't think there's anything left in football that can cause a sudden change in Wenger.

10. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

"Be careful what you wish for".

11. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

I knew someone would come back with this :lol:

I'd rather 5 games of humiliation than 2 years of mediocrity, getting embarrased on the pitch and torn to shreds by pundits every weekend and being the whipping boys of the top 6 (which is what we are, in case you hadn't noticed).

GeorgiaGunner and North5 like this.
  12. North5

North5 Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Guys like me, @Jury and a few others have been staunch Wenger outters for a good number of seasons whilst everyone seems to have selective memory loss at the end of every season.

Gooner Zig and Godwin1 like this.
  13. Furious

Furious Emery Gone, Telly Back On

Need to start a riot and ruin the Emirates stadium until he ****s off

Gooner Zig and North5 like this.
  14. Jury

This is what a lot if people on here were saying to those that have wanted Wenger gone. Well we didn't fuvking wish for this, and neither did they I assume. So I'll be interested to hear their thoughts. No, actually, they can all go and drink weed killer.

15. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

On an animal? Yeah no doubts.

Eaststander74 likes this.
  16. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

I think you vastly overestimate how much Kroenke cares about this club.

17. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

I wasn't one of those people, just to be clear.

18. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

How did you get into it? I want to start.

Kroket likes this.
  19. Jury

I got called names and labelled 'negative' because I dared to say we'll see the same ****, if not worse. Apparently we're not supposed to say that based on the evidence to the absolute contrary. That's not what the board is for.

20. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

I have flipped flopped in recent times.

Difficult situation.

krengon and North5 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.