• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'd have shed a tear if he went a couple of years ago, but not now. I'll look back at the good times because they were good personal memories, but he stayed long enough for his mask to slip and reveal that he's quite a self-centered man. Shame, but we ll have our faults.
:lol::lol: Shed a tear!

Toast

Established Member
You and @Toast have been critical of Wenger and the board for saying they have the resources to challenge for the league, and then not delivering on their promises.

Now your saying Wenger projects himself as a manager working with limited resources.

Can you have it both ways? Of course you can.

Why are you bringing me into this? The bolded has never been my position.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

I'd have shed a tear if he went a couple of years ago, but not now. I'll look back at the good times because they were good personal memories, but he stayed long enough for his mask to slip and reveal that he's quite a self-centered man. Shame, but we ll have our faults.
A good friend once told me that you either die a hero or... well you know the rest.

butcher22

I think Arsenal the football club has outgrown Wenger .

He came into the league having only one serious competitor (Man Utd) and no oil money to compete with.

Today the landscape of football has changed drastically and unfortunately he hasnt adapated to such change. It was time for him to start packing when the abramovichs started coming into footbal. If we can't compete in the money field, then we need a manager who can get the best out of players with relatively less money ala pochs and klopps of football

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

I think Arsenal the football club has outgrown Wenger .

He came into the league having only one serious competitor (Man Utd) and no oil money to compete with.

Today the landscape of football has changed drastically and unfortunately he hasnt adapated to such change. It was time for him to start packing when the abramovichs started coming into footbal. If we can't compete in the money field, then we need a manager who can get the best out of players with relatively less money ala pochs and klopps of football
Sort of agree with that, but Wenger has won 3 cups in 4 years. What have Poch and Klopp won?

butcher22

Sort of agree with that, but Wenger has won 3 cups in 4 years. What have Poch and Klopp won?

This is exactly what I mean 10-15 years ago massive achievement, we have now grown as a club and nowadays that is not good enough for the stature we are at now .

It all depends on how high you rate the clubs stature if you reckon we are on pools and Spuds level then fanatastic achievement

If you rate us up there with the Chelsea and utds then you have to admit it's not good enough

Not feeling that the club has outgrown Wenger. The club has zero ambition and we are nowhere near moving forward as super club like was promised.

3 FA Cups in 4 years is great success for where the club is and will be for a long time.

Batman

Not feeling that the club has outgrown Wenger. The club has zero ambition and we are nowhere near moving forward as super club like was promised.

3 FA Cups in 4 years is great success for where the club is and will be for a long time.
No. It isn't. An FA Cup is like a side dish. It's not the entree. I'm not celebrating roast potatoes when I want steak too and I'm not getting it. Those carbs might be satisfying for a little while but ultimately you're hungry. Protein is what sustains you. We're like little f*cking Russian orphans getting excited about some carbs when it's protein we really need. No. I want steak. And a good cut of it too. Wenger can sod off with his occasional potatoes.

butcher22

No. It isn't. An FA Cup is like a side dish. It's not the entree. I'm not celebrating roast potatoes when I want steak too and I'm not getting it. Those carbs might be satisfying for a little while but ultimately you're hungry. Protein is what sustains you. We're like little f*cking Russian orphans getting excited about some carbs when it's protein we really need. No. I want steak. And a good cut of it too. Wenger can sod off with his occasional potatoes.

You see my whole point...

I feel as though some of the fans feel that is our level so in that case Wenger is doing a great job so they don't get what all the fuss is about

Whereas other fans feel the club is bigger than that and we have underachieved in not winning a league and or champions league in over 10 years. So therefore Wenger has failed and should go.

I think we need to have a poll, if not done already, seeing what the fans expect.

Batman

I feel as though some of the fans feel that is our level so in that case Wenger is doing a great job so they don't get what all the fuss is about

Whereas other fans feel the club is bigger than that and we have underachieved in not winning a league and or champions league in over 10 years. So therefore Wenger has failed and should go.

I think we need to have a poll, if not done already, seeing what the fans expect.
Well my reasoning is simple here. We are the third most successful club in the country historically. A club with that sort of history should have the title as the target. We are charging the highest ticket prices in football. The ticket price should be commensurate with the product which in my mind is one that can compete for everything. If the club wants to slash the prices to watch matches and declare a total lack of ambition in plain honest English then I can't stop them. But the action of building the stadium combined with what it costs to get in to the stadium plus our historical status as a club that aims to win titles means that nothing else is an acceptable goal and the complete and utter failure to come close to that goal for a decade is unacceptable. Not to mention the club have told us for years that competing for everything domestically and in Europe is the goal.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

Let me save you the trouble of a poll. The only fans that want to see Wenger stay on are fans of opposition teams and a few sockpuppets on the net pretending to be Arsenal fans on the forums.

We are nowhere near the level a club needs to be to get a steak.

We either get a potatoes or nothing.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

:) Epic post! Never has a truer post been posted. Too much carbs and not enough protein for us Arsenal faithful. We are indeed the Russian orphans of the football world.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
You and @Toast have been critical of Wenger and the board for saying they have the resources to challenge for the league, and then not delivering on their promises.

Now your saying Wenger projects himself as a manager working with limited resources.

Can you have it both ways? Of course you can.
I'm talking about resources that would ensure competiting year in year out for league titles and the CL. Resources that come with certain standards and expectations from within the club - that mean you have to deliver tangible success on the pitch on a regular basis, where the goals are properly defined.
Despite that, the point is he wants us to believe that we have limited resources and can't compete with the likes of City and United on the financial front but Leicester and Sp**s showed you don't have to. You can compete with a proper squad who are properly drilled.

Last edited:

butcher22

For me either way Wenger is at a loss

If it's a case of where he can't compete with limited resources (and by limited I mean compared to city money, as we do have enough funds to comfortably challenge for the league) then he is no longer what is required. We then need a manager who can make the right aquisitions and drill the squad to become tactically astute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom