• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Zolomon

My two big issues - he's not competing in big games and alot of his players are a bunch of tossers.

These lads collapse as soon as the going gets tough and rarely front up about it, spineless ****s. But Wenger has signed them, so it's on him.

He's still a better manager than most of the men on this planet, just on the training ground he's been left behind. Difference between manager and coach.
wtf???? The manager is also supposed to be the head coach. THE COACHING IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART.

Preacher

Always Crying
From Guardian:
The Arsenal hierarchy remain steadfast in their support of Arsène Wenger, despite the Champions League humiliation at the hands of Bayern Munich, and they believe he can pull the club out of their slump and prove he deserves to stay on as the manager beyond the end of the season.

Wenger’s critics were given more ammunition on Tuesday night when his team crashed to a 5-1 home defeat against Bayern in the second leg of the Champions League last 16 to exit 10-2 on aggregate. It was the seventh season in succession they had gone out of the competition at this stage and it added up to a fifth loss in the last seven games in all competitions.

There are numerous continuing issues behind the scenes – some of which are linked to the uncertainty over whether Wenger will stay or go when his contract expires this summer. He has been offered a new two-year deal.

The search for a new academy manager to replace Andries Jonker, who left at the beginning of last week to become the coach at Wolfsburg, has been put on hold – as Wenger would have the final say on the appointment – while several members of the playing squad are considering their futures. Top of that list is Alexis Sánchez, who will enter the final year of his contract in July and is believed to have a massive offer from a rival club on the table. It is this that has emboldened him to demand a non-negotiable pay rise at Arsenal to about £250,000 a week.

The climate is one of unease. As recently as four weeks ago, there was a confidence at the club’s top level that Wenger would sign his new deal but since then he has come to look increasingly beleaguered and washed out. Nobody seems to know for sure what Wenger will choose to do and there is the clear impression of a club bouncing from one match to the next, with everybody praying for an upturn in results.

Mixed messages have dominated over recent weeks. But what remains clear is that the chief executive, Ivan Gazidis – who in effect runs the club on behalf of the majority shareholder, Stan Kroenke – and the chief negotiator, **** Law, retain faith in Wenger. They prize his record of consistent achievement and have not been spooked by the recent downturn. They are well aware that there remains almost a third of the Premier League season to play. It should also be noted that they do not believe there to be an outstanding candidate on the market to replace Wenger.

It isn't helping for my anger management:lol: If true, our board continue to live in a different planet.

Hunter Zolomon

Absolutely despise people who behave like he's stolen something from them, the nastiness towards him by some is sickening.
He has the nerve to go on interviews and talk to us like we are idiots. Other managers will openly say the team is playing bad or things are not good, but wenger expects us to swallow his bulshit whole with a smile and it seems, so do you.

He didnt even acknowledged the fans in the last match and he goes on about the years of service he gave us but what about what we gave him, where is our credit and respect as arsenal effing fans. While other managers are fired without being giving the proper chance to establish their system or philosophy in clubs we gave him all the time in the world, despite never winning the champions league.
however we are supposed to bend over because Arsène is offended, when are we the fans allowed to be offended.

Hunter Zolomon

The second half of this season has made it pretty obvious that Wenger needs to leave at the end of the season. Anything else would set the club even further back. I've always wanted Wenger to go out on a high, but that looks impossible now.

I've been a Wenger supporter for a while, but this season has to be the end of the line. In previous, season's Wenger has juggled issues that most elite coaches never get involved in and accordingly this has required a level of patience to allow for everything to fall into place.

Wenger oversaw the building of the Emirates, youth player development, and kept us competitive without the financial strength of our competitors. Essentially, we needed to see through the Emirates to help us be able to buy the players we need to compete at the top, and we need our youth system to produce quality players for the first team. These combined factors would allow Wenger to build a team that can truly compete at the highest level, and all of that came together this season. And this is why our utter collapse has been so devastating.

Iwobi and Bellerin are youth team products who are regular starters, and Alexis and Özil are world class. Our squad has depth and quality in all of our positions with a perfect mix of experienced players, youth teamers, and established players in the prime of their careers. On paper, I think we have the best team in the league, but we look like garbage and that is all down to Wenger.

Personally, I think the Everton match was the beginning of us going down hill, and I although it is unfair to single out individual players for our collapse, I think Gabriel and Giroud are our weakest links and have precipitated this decline.

The Everton loss, honestly, is just one of those defeats that happen during a season, but the response to the defeat was awful. As a club, I think Wenger felt that the return of injured players would solve the problems that emerged in that match. Our defense looks less steady when Gabriel plays, so Mustafi's return would "fix" the problems exposed in the Everton match.

Yet it has taken Mustafi about a month to get back up to par prior to his injury, so this problem was never "fixed."

Other coaches show a great propensity for tactical fluidity and players who can play in more than one position. Pep is the greatest example, but Allegri and Conte do it too. These guys have a Plan A, Plan B, and even a Plan C for each match.

Wenger just tries to have a perfect Plan A that everyone can play, but this clearly won't work if your bench isn't up to par.

Gabriel ruins our Plan A because he isn't that good.

After Everton and Man City losses we got back on track and won against sub par teams, and Giroud had his annual purple patch where he looks unstoppable so long as our entire attack is based around him. His streak never lasts a season because WC defenders can stop him and now our attack is completely useless.

Also, Giroud's style means that his body gets banged around a lot, and eventually there will be a match where he can't be physically dominant. The Watford loss demonstrated this issue with Giroud, and it's been further downhill since then.

Chelsea out coached us, and so did Bayern, but Bayern also showed the fragility of Wenger's Plan A strategy. We matched Bayern in the first half, but Kos' injury and Gabriel's introduction killed us. Based on performances I'm baffled how Holding hasn't been given more of a chance. Everytime he plays he looks better than Gabriel and he has better technique, so he could easily slot in at RB too.

In the second match, Kos' red card killed that game, but roughly five minutes before that moment Giroud missed a wide open header that would have made it 2-0. In the first half Giroud had fewer touches than Ospina. Wenger's Plan A was to start Welbeck, and when that didn't work he didn't have a Plan B, and just through Giroud in instead. Lucas has shown so much quality and is a much more similar player to Welbeck, so I don't understand why Lucas didn't start instead.

Insufficient tactics and player selection have ruined this season, and that falls solely on Wenger. Our squad is too good to be playing this poorly.
bro, welcome to the light side, however watch your well written response get ignored by the wenger defence league.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

I grew up on Highbury estate and went to Highbury quadrant primary school. I could hear the old ground from my flat and remember when Tony Adams came to our school with the double trophies for us to have our photos taken. I even remember arguing over how to pronounce marc overmars when I was year 5 when we signed him. I got to meet Wenger when we won the FA cup in 2014 and 2015.

I'm arsenal through and through. But if the selfish ****s on the Bod ignore the state of what's happening and our fanbase and extend his contract. I will actively be hoping we ****ing implode next season.

VancouverCanuck

He's staying guys.
From the board's perspective, they are right.

Wenger is probably the best person on the planet to get us in top 4 again this season. I doubted him in the past and have been proven wrong in each instance.

Winning the league is another matter. But that's not the goal anyway.

Hunter Zolomon

From the board's perspective, they are right.

Wenger is probably the best person on the planet to get us in top 4 again this season. I doubted him in the past and have been proven wrong in each instance.

Winning the league is another matter. But that's not the goal anyway.
True talk, now that we are out of the top 4, only one man can bring us top 4 success again and that is wenger. I cant believe you doubted wenger getting top 4 in the past, you should be ashamed, what kind of wenger fan are you.

say yes

forum master baiter
Nothing new, if Wenger wants to stay he'll stay. Board have always been clear on that.

You're deluding yourself if you think Stan is going to fly over and take that contract off Arsène's table because we lost to Bayern and might not make top 4.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
If he is staying sign it now! I very much doubt we will finish top four with the cup under all this speculation.

Either way it needs to be done & give the club some certainty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom