• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I don't know what the point of this statement it add nothing we already know. Wenger will make a decision at the end of the season. if he see the fans keep pressuring him to get out and we end up outside the top 4 it's over for him.

mm76

Yer Da
A whiff? it's practically perpetual with an occasional two year draught. :/

Do you know why Arsenal fans are funny, because you think we believe you don't want to spend money, you're like a battered wife.

I was stating facts.

And if Pogba stays 8+ years it will be a steal, more talent, commitment and winner inside him than your soft spongey midfielders combined.

And we're hated because we won at an unbelievable pace over 20 years and have a religion of overseas fans paying the bills. You did it for 3 and think you can tell me what it's like to be us.

And about the money, yeah we spend it, do you think Kronke donates it to charity? Id have it no other way than being spent on my players and our club, it's our f**king money! What happens to yours? I'll never understand that argument and never believe you believe it in your heart.

You're deluded and convinced yourself its a bad thing to protect your pride, it's not, it's exactly what should happen. Club makes money, club reinvests, we just makes more than anyone else, that's our only crime. Absolute nonsense battered wife mentality.

Nobody cares when Barcelona do it, strange. They're footballing genius for it. :/

Had to reply to that nonsense.

You had a manager who was a bully and knew how to make the FA and every ref bend over for him - now he's gone your mediocrity is once again being exposed and my bet is you never win anything again except the odd cup

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I don't know what the point of this statement it add nothing we already know. Wenger will make a decision at the end of the season. if he see the fans keep pressuring him to get out and we end up outside the top 4 it's over for him.
Wenger got a lot of questions about his contract today, maybe he's told the board to say something to stop him getting asked all the time.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Wenger got a lot of questions about his contract today, maybe he's told the board to say something to stop him getting asked all the time.
you maybe right but also that confirm what a weak board we having they can't do nothing by themselves.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20170309/comment-from-Arsenal-chairman

We are fully aware of the attention currently focused on the club and understand the debate. We respect that fans are entitled to their different individual opinions but we will always run this great football club with its best long-term interests at heart.

"Arsène has a contract until the end of the season. Any decisions will be made by us mutually and communicated at the right time in the right way.”

Superb stuff. Wenger's minions one after one showing support. Next one Kroenke. Fascinating how much Wenger has these under his control.

mm76

Yer Da
i think even us in our current form will beat Lincoln but if we don't, then that will take things into a whole new dimension - even a draw would be a total farce and Wenger would have to say something more about his future

Kingslayer

Forza Milan

They key phrase is them having the club's 'best long-term interests at heart.'

They're basically saying, if you read between the lines: yeah, you guys are throwing a tantrum now, but in our long-term view we think Wenger is the man for the job, and we'll say so outright when the time is right.

I think he'll stay even if we do finish out the top 4. Two-year contract, so one-year to get us back into the CL, and the next to have another crack at Bayern and Barca.

You all may as well accept it now. I hear Feng Shui is good for stress relief.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The only time we've changed our manager because we finished outside the top 4 we did finish in the top 4 the following season. Moyes > Van Gaal. Now we've done it again and this season ain't over, and right now we look just as likely to finish top 4 as you, more so if you consider we're not emploding.

The comparison to SAF leaving is ridiculous because SAF was a PL winning manager at the time, A slump was possible with us, what's a slump for you, not winning the league for 25 years?

Arsène and the board and also the media have convinced you the top 4 is the only thing that matters, it's not, only winning matters and never let yourselves believe otherwise.

Chelsea won the CL the same year they finished outside the top 4 who will remember it or bring it up? history will remember Drogbas heroics and nothing else and the Chelsea fans didn't seem too worried either, especially when Hazard then signed in the summer.

Also, if we win another trophy this year, Europa League looks a good opportunity then we'd of won as many major trophies since Ferguson left as you have in 12 years. Already have if you count the League Cup. which I don't.

These are our tough times apparently and we're the only team in the top 14 with a trophy. Charity Shield, League Cup, FA Cup holders.

The whole country takes great satisfaction in saying we're in a bad place, well our bad place looks a lot like most clubs including yours best place over the last decade and try to tell me you're not worried about the Glazers new found commitment to spending money. You wont even give your best players comparable wages while we brake world record fees and all you do is pretend you don't want to do it like it, it's the only way to do it and you should care because not only do your board not spend as much, they charge you more for the privilege.

I envy Chelseas organisation and parts of its squad, I'm afraid of Cities amazing squad of future superstars, Sane, KdB, Jesus. Even Sp**s with Alli, Kane, Ericsson and the strong togetherness they show every week. When I look at Arsenal the only thing I think is "Sanchez is s#it hot" there is nothing else I'm even remotely covetous of when looking at your club, not even your top 4 finishes because qualifying for the CL means nothing to me if you're not ready to win it and neither of us are. Only thing that matters to me is a league title, nothing else.

And the most damning thing I could say to you is that for two years I've read this forum as entertainment with my morning brew when your inevitable meltdown begins.

Thinking you're anywhere beyond our level is *******, top 4 and a round of 16 exit? keep it. I WANT TO WIN. And unlike Arsenal I can see pieces coming together for that to happen again while your pieces fall further apart.

The biggest story this week is Walcotts bizarre statement btw, not the Bayern result and Wengers ridiculous excuses like you was going to go and score thr needed goals unreplied, do you honestly believe without that red card you'd of won that tie? get real.

If you're an Arsenal fan and want Wenger to stay you're deluded imo, it's over, what sign in the last decade, DECADE! shows you otherwise? But thanks, I have a little toast to you everytime he signs a new contract.

Sorry for crashing your forum, but I've read enough Arsenal fans comparing Wenger to SAF and you need putting straight. It ain't the same. In order to stop succeeding you have to succeed first.
Started to read your Mancunian self help book but couldn't be arsed after 2 paras.

You've spent £626 million on this squad, bought supposedly the best manager in the world and you're still behind Wenger. So you can stick your f*** advice where the sun don't shine.

Hunter Zolomon

In the current situation, yeah. Mostly because they pay more. No one knows whether that's Wenger or the board that's unwilling to pay those kind of wages. Don't think the balance of power is that skewed though. New manager and some promising results, and you'll be a more attractive destination if you can offer the same money.
werent there rumours that we had a 200 mil war chest. Plus what about the wages we are giveing average players. What a joke, we have the money but we are not spending it well.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20170309/comment-from-Arsenal-chairman

We are fully aware of the attention currently focused on the club and understand the debate. We respect that fans are entitled to their different individual opinions but we will always run this great football club with its best long-term interests at heart.

"Arsène has a contract until the end of the season. Any decisions will be made by us mutually and communicated at the right time in the right way.”

"Thank you for your interest in our affairs."

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
a few players stating they will ask to go at the end of the season because of the uncertainty over Wenger would do it one way or the other, I reckon, given how many of them are up for renewal

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
A few things about the Mr. French Fries' statement:

1- It doesn't back or show overt support of Wenger
2- it makes clear that they are aware of the fans' displeasure (ir, they're feeling the pressure)
3- The tone is petulant (they're annoyed and feeling the pressure. Probably feeling squeezed from both Wenger and the dans)
4- They state the facts as we know them without colouring to a decision on one side or the other - which surprised me, as the wording would be leaning more towards Wenger staying, it does not.
5- Good lord, he's alive. Who knew?

I find the statement encouraging.

ETA:

The protests need to continue.

Last edited:

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

No need to hope, we will implode. Sanchez is walking & we'll simply be burdened with more mediocre players looking for a nice relaxed paid tour of London whilst all those teams who used to be rivals will outpace us all the while the parasites masquerading as our board will claim we're a club on the up.

I really feel for our British based fanbase, if I actually lived in London I would've burned down the stadium in protest. Maybe that'd get the message across :lol:

I've been living in Madrid for a year and a half now. Still got a lot of Spud and Yanited mates to banter me every time I go back though.

Spaniards now see us as a 2nd rate club and think Wenger should go too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom