• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

scytheavatar

Established Member
What's with people wanting apologies, critiquing his behaviour, his "arrogant " words etc.

This is someone who's been here 20 years and for 99% of that time never says anything out of turn, always carries himself with class. In recent years he's had his periods where he's on edge but so what? He's not allowed that with some idiots pulling him on it?

Don't you see the problem? That Wenger not behaving like he does usually is evidence that he is past it and no longer the same professor Wenger? When there is a crisis what people want to see is the person in charge coming out, taking full responsibility, apologizing and promising to provide changes that will make sure the crisis will never again. Wenger is doing the exact opposite, and his behavior is having a tremendous negative effect in the morale both of the fans and the players.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Pains admitting it, but that cocky Manc is pretty much spot on.

Although you have to take into account that the shape of our squad is a bit different to the one SAF left behind. There's still some upside in it, but a lot depends on the manager, that's the worry here.

For what it's worth, I think we'll finish above ManUre this season.
Again.

Still, he was waaaaaay of from what I was talking about. Credits to him but I skipped 90% of the response

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I've been living in Madrid for a year and a half now. Still got a lot of Spud and Yanited mates to banter me every time I go back though.

Spaniards now see us as a 2nd rate club and think Wenger should go too.

Everyone sees us that way & it'll go on for a little longer I think.

The other day as I was driving home from work, I heard on the BBC a segment where they were discussing Arsène Wenger's potential destinations should he decide to call it a day & the Spanish guest was asked if Barca would entertain the idea of getting him in to replace the departing Luis Enrique. He gave what amounted to a cross between a scoff & a laugh & said in Spain he has a reputation as a loser. A drastically marked difference from the days when he was at the top of Real's shortlist.

Any club board with a handful of functional brain cells between them would realize this man's a liability & steer well clear of him.

Mind you I said a board with a handful of brain cells, not our comatose lot who continuously reward failure handsomely. They haven't got a clue what the sport is, let alone what's in the best interest for what used to be English footballs third biggest club.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
20877049.gif
Thought I might 'weird' you out of this thread but no such luck :lol:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Keep that up, and we won't have to wait two-thousand years for the next crucifixion.

And well deserved it will be, too.
Sound a bit 'cross' there mate, thought I'd nailed it.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Inciting people to anger? Get a grip man, it's just football ffs.
Don't think anger is misplaced in this situation. It's a healthy reaction right now. I am not suggesting fans should hurl abuse at Wenger or the players but forcefully voice their discontent. Not sure what good sitting on your hands or cheering the team on is right now. Don't think a team and manager have a god given right to undying support. Our problem is that no one besides a small minority have the fight and courage to speak up. Like I have written before we are like a bunch of repressed librarians. Thank god at least Alexis Sanchez has some fight in him. The rest just reek of spinelessness as does the manager.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Everyone sees us that way & it'll go on for a little longer I think.

The other day as I was driving home from work, I heard on the BBC a segment where they were discussing Arsène Wenger's potential destinations should he decide to call it a day & the Spanish guest was asked if Barca would entertain the idea of getting him in to replace the departing Luis Enrique. He gave what amounted to a cross between a scoff & a laugh & said in Spain he has a reputation as a loser. A drastically marked difference from the days when he was at the top of Real's shortlist.

Any club board with a handful of functional brain cells between them would realize this man's a liability & steer well clear of him.

Mind you I said a board with a handful of brain cells, not our comatose lot who continuously reward failure handsomely. They haven't got a clue what the sport is, let alone what's in the best interest for what used to be English footballs third biggest club.
This is brutal. Spoke to my German mates and they just laughed at our result. At least we managed a better result than Hamburg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom