• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

He's not inciting people to anger, he's calling people to action - people who give a damn about this club, that is.
Just so it is clear. Anger is an emotion. That emotion can feed correct and needed behaviour. That's what I want to see. So yes, I am "inciting" anger but only as an emotion to move us to action.

Puh, this got a bit too psychological for a football forum, but there it is.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He's not inciting people to anger, he's calling people to action - people who give a damn about this club, that is.
We all give a dam about this club.

When your grandad, whose looked after you for 20 years . . given you good times and memorable moments . . starts to struggle, you don't kick him out on the street just because you're in a rush to get his inheritance. You let him die in his own time, with dignity.;)

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Don't think anger is misplaced in this situation. It's a healthy reaction right now. I am not suggesting fans should hurl abuse at Wenger or the players but forcefully voice their discontent. Not sure what good sitting on your hands or cheering the team on is right now. Don't think a team and manager have a god given right to undying support. Our problem is that no one besides a small minority have the fight and courage to speak up. Like I have written before we are like a bunch of repressed librarians. Thank god at least Alexis Sanchez has some fight in him. The rest just reek of spinelessness as does the manager.
Getting angry with someone because they nearly won so much is definitely misplaced.

And to think that Wenger is spineless is not to know him.

Yes his time is up but let's not disrespect him in his final hour.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

When your grandad, whose looked after you for 20 years . . given you good times and memorable moments . . starts to struggle, you don't kick him out on the street just because you're in a rush to get his inheritance. You let him die in his own time, with dignity.;)

When my grandfather who started the business from which we all prosper realised that the business required a younger more contemporary hand for it to continue to grow, he handed over the reins to my father and stepped aside. But then again, my grandfather was a truly great man whose ego was never wrapped in his work, but in his family. My own father has done the very same only a couple of years ago, entrusting a younger generation with the monument his father built and he maintained.

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
When my grandfather who started the business from which we all prosper realised that the business required a younger more contemporary hand for it to continue to grow, he handed over the reins to my father and stepped aside. But then again, my grandfather is a truly great man whose ego was never wrapped in his work, but in his family. My own father has done the very same only a couple of years ago, entrusting a younger generation with the monument his father built and he maintained.

No one cares about your grandad.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

You don't let him handle your finances and build your house either

TriniGunner

I'm all for replacing our manager sooner rather than later but the treatment he's been getting by some of our fans is embarrassing. There are a lot more things wrong with this club other than Wenger.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I'm all for replacing our manager sooner rather than later but the treatment he's been getting by some of our fans is embarrassing. There are a lot more things wrong with this club other than Wenger.

One problem at a time. First we get rid of Wenger, then we turn our attention elsewhere.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

This is brutal. Spoke to my German mates and they just laughed at our result. At least we managed a better result than Hamburg.

We've officially assumed joke status, sadly the powers that be remain the only ones not in on said joke.

burnsjed

Established Member
One problem at a time. First we get rid of Wenger, then we turn our attention elsewhere.

Though I totally agree that the time for Arsène to leave is well overdue, getting rid of the bigger problem is going to be a far bigger obstacle.
How do you get rid of the major shareholder that is not in it for trophies (his words) but clearly sees us as part of his balance sheet?

As long as the club make a tidy profit, he has no incentive to give that up.
It's not like he is piling money into the club, in fact quite the opposite.
Not only does he make money on his initial investment, and a huge one at that, his company also gets paid a consultancy fee!
Who in their right mind gives that up?!

I think this is the time the board needs to come out with some plan. How are we gonna get into that three team pack of City, United and Chelsea? What direction are we gonna take from here?

Wenger or no Wenger, we need to buy star talents in the summer, we need to be able to convince Sanchez and Özil of some project with super wages like we see at other top clubs.

The ball is in boards hands and they need to get the fans behind the team by convincing them that there are going to be changes in how we approach the transfer market!

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Though I totally agree that the time for Arsène to leave is well overdue, getting rid of the bigger problem is going to be a far bigger obstacle.
How do you get rid of the major shareholder that is not in it for trophies (his words) but clearly sees us as part of his balance sheet?

As long as the club make a tidy profit, he has no incentive to give that up.
It's not like he is piling money into the club, in fact quite the opposite.
Not only does he make money on his initial investment, and a huge one at that, his company also gets paid a consultancy fee!
Who in their right mind gives that up?!

One problem at a time. First we get rid of the man that's been shielding and placating the rotten board - to his benefit, I might add, in becoming the unquestioned lord and master of the club and being paid handsomely for it - then we turn our attention upwards.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I think this is the time the board needs to come out with some plan. How are we gonna get into that three team pack of City, United and Chelsea? What direction are we gonna take from here?

Wenger or no Wenger, we need to buy star talents in the summer, we need to be able to convince Sanchez and Özil of some project with super wages like we see at other top clubs.

The ball is in boards hands and they need to get the fans behind the team by convincing them that there are going to be changes in how we approach the transfer market!

We fail most years in the transfer market, that's where the biggest joke is. We don't pay top money, don't pay top wages, takes months to do a deal, don't want to compete for in demand players, seem to have a strategy of targeting players who are unwanted at their current clubs etc.

This goes beyond one man. We're a joke in the summer window.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover

They have fans behind them. And they have some who are not behind them. It's always going to be like that, it always was like that, here or anywhere else. Nothing new

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
'Getting rid' is what you do to an infestation of cockroaches - I would like a change of manager as much as you, but there are ways of doing it and ways of discussing it and ,getting rid' of him is just inappropriate on every level

They have fans behind them. And they have some who are not behind them. It's always going to be like that, it always was like that, here or anywhere else. Nothing new

Not sure how to respond to this...

The fans are not united. Winning games will unite them, winning titles will unite them. In order to do that you need very ambitious program. A one we don't have now.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The board are not getting rid of Wenger they're the ones desperate for him to stay on, Wenger has his own future in his hands, he'll decide what he wants to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom