• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medly

People from other Arsenal forum are going hard. They were organizers of the last protest and also they are organizing tomorrow's protest. And now they are thinking about creation of the crowd-funding page and talking about planes, billboards and other options.

Looks like the end of the season will be full of various events. Almost clear, that the bad will dominate the good until the end of the season.
Why are fans that pay good money to follow their team bad when all they are doing is showing that they have had enough of the piss being taken out of them? Oh but the piss takers are the good guys here?

Preacher

Always Crying
Why are fans that pay good money to follow their team bad when all they are doing is showing that they have had enough of the piss being taken out of them? Oh but the piss takers are the good guys here?
I wasn't talking about fans, when I said the bad I meant results and atmosphere around the club. Fans are the least to blame for all this, first ant foremost the board is to blame for offering new contract to Wenger.

Last edited:

Medly

I wasn't talking about fans, when I said the bad I meant results and atmosphere around the club. Fans are the least to blame for all this, first ant foremost the board is to blame for offering new contract to Wenger.
OK sorry I misread you and yes I agree fully with what you say here.

mm76

Yer Da
good article: https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/mar/10/Arsène-wenger-borrowed-time-arsenal-manager

'When a Wenger team of the past 10 years collapses, it really does fall apart. Yes, there are injuries. But every team gets injuries. Yes, there are outbreaks of bad luck. But everyone gets those, too. When a team’s fortunes turn so drastically on the fate of a single player – Laurent Koscielny, injured during the first leg against Bayern and dismissed in the return – there must be something very flawed in the preparation.'

Preacher

Always Crying
Arsenal fans have organised 'no new contract' and 'wenger out' banner to be flown over the Hawthorns next week.

I think, there is no need to use this type of measures.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Yep. The club and Arsène seem to be unable to get along and get on top of big personalities.

His tendency to turn on former Arsenal players who refuse to fall in line & embrace the ethos of the club in it's current incarnation, coupled with his inability to take on criticism, be it constructive or otherwise, hints at a very insecure & weak personality.

Quite at odds with how the man carries himself in the public eye.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Vieira is a Manchester City dog, man has zero loyalties and was angling for a move to Madrid in the summer after the Invincibles seasons. Also contributed much to what happened to Cole by egging him on with his demands to the board. People like him is a terrible influence on our players, so I am not sure why anyone wants anything to do with him.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Vieira is a Manchester City dog, man has zero loyalties and was angling for a move to Madrid in the summer after the Invincibles seasons. Also contributed much to what happened to Cole by egging him on with his demands to the board. People like him is a terrible influence on our players, so I am not sure why anyone wants anything to do with him.
Not heard about the Cole bit, but what's wrong with a senior player and captain looking out for Cole? Had the board not tried to short change him we wouldn't have such issues.

The Real thing, again, what's wrong with a player looking elsewhere? Being tempted by a move etc, especially to a Hollywood club like Real? Henry left, he's still a legend.

He's a City man today, but a man has to work. This gig came about through the mancini link all those years ago.

scytheavatar

Established Member
The Real thing, again, what's wrong with a player looking elsewhere? Being tempted by a move etc, especially to a Hollywood club like Real? Henry left, he's still a legend.

Henry left at a time we were in decline. Vieira wanted to leave when we were at our prime. Big difference.

Vieira should be entitled to seek employment at anywhere he likes, just don't pretend he has much Gunner blood in him.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
but it isn't silence though, is it? former players don't have to defend him but they do - current players of course are a different matter ....
The football code bro - Wenger doesn't say anything negative about his players and neither do they. He engenders loyalty to a certain degree because he pays well and keeps everything private. They have an affinity for Arsène because they shared some good times. Maybe you'll get the truth in private.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Former players have more loyalty to Wenger than they do for the club, so only a fool would care much about what they think. You see them whine about poor Wenger and how it is not his fault, why no comments about us currently being 5th and in danger of dropping out of the top 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom