• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Henry left at a time we were in decline. Vieira wanted to leave when we were at our prime. Big difference.
That to me is even worse. Going got tough and after a bottle job on the club's most important match.

Vieira however did seem as if he was on his way out more than a few times and he was agitating to move. But he is a leader and ambitious. Intelligent too. From his experiences at clubs before and after Arsenal could be put to great use. Unfortunately it looks like we aren't open to former players with a big personality to be involved with us again. Vieira alluded to it sometime ago. Its a shame.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
People from other Arsenal forum are going hard. They were organizers of the last protest and also they are organizing tomorrow's protest. And now they are thinking about creation of the crowd-funding page and talking about planes, billboards and other options.

Looks like the end of the season will be full of various events. Almost clear, that the bad will dominate the good until the end of the season.
Also:

carlito'sway

Established Member
Arsenal fans have organised 'no new contract' and 'wenger out' banner to be flown over the Hawthorns next week.

I think, there is no need to use this type of measures.

Just embarrassing. I remember when it happened at MU and we were all laughing at them... and it was for David F*** Moyes....

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Just curious....Why did you think she was a maid? o_O
Actually, she is the dude's wife.

Where I'm from you usually see maids running after the children & it's been a move adapted by expats who generally look like this gentleman.

A poor generalization surely but one said purely on impulse, no malice intended.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Former Arsenal no.10 and captain has this to say.....
"Both managers want to win trophies but with Jose he will show you every day at training [what needs to be done].

"If you are not 100 per cent he will stop the training and say to you 'what's wrong with you? Why don't you train? If you don't want to train just go outside and run, because what I want and what I expect from you is to give me everything'.

"And with Arsène it's a little bit different. You have to be more responsible to manage yourself so he won't be behind you all the time and that makes a difference.

"So for me it was very good to be with one manager who was always behind me."
http://www.goal.com/en/news/8/main/...differences-in-style-between-mourinho?ICID=OP

carlito'sway

Established Member
Fans have the right to protest, however they want. It's a democracy.

Of course, they can do whatever the f*** they want like I have the right to call it idiotic and disgraceful as well. That is democracy. The interesting part, I am willing to bet most decent Arsenal fans will not be pleased with this nonsense either.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Everyone sees us that way & it'll go on for a little longer I think.

The other day as I was driving home from work, I heard on the BBC a segment where they were discussing Arsène Wenger's potential destinations should he decide to call it a day & the Spanish guest was asked if Barca would entertain the idea of getting him in to replace the departing Luis Enrique. He gave what amounted to a cross between a scoff & a laugh & said in Spain he has a reputation as a loser. A drastically marked difference from the days when he was at the top of Real's shortlist.

Any club board with a handful of functional brain cells between them would realize this man's a liability & steer well clear of him.

Mind you I said a board with a handful of brain cells, not our comatose lot who continuously reward failure handsomely. They haven't got a clue what the sport is, let alone what's in the best interest for what used to be English footballs third biggest club.

That's hilarious given that Barcelona's last few managers have been
- Pep (a complete nobody);
- Tata Martino (who the actual **** is he? :lol::lol:);
- Luis Enrique (had barely done **** all in football when hired)

Obviously, Wenger's last 5 years especially have been poor but to say he is a loser is just ****ing scandalous.

Ashybashy86

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

That's hilarious given that Barcelona's last few managers have been
- Pep (a complete nobody);
- Tata Martino (who the actual **** is he? :lol::lol:);
- Luis Enrique (had barely done **** all in football when hired)

Obviously, Wenger's last 5 years especially have been poor but to say he is a loser is just ****ing scandalous.

I agree in the sense that he was established whilst they were relative novices. But due to the barren spell between our 2005 FA Cup triumph & 2014, he's acquired the tag that he hasn't been able to shake. Not that I cared what outsiders to the club thought.

To be honest my disatisfaction with the man only goes back to the summer of 2015 when we went into the season with Petr Cech as our only purchase.

Before that I was resigned to our plight because of the constraints placed upon us. But by 2015 it was apparent to all & sundry that those constraints wouldn't stop us from competing/paying top wages & that's when it soured for me against the man.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

i just wish he was more ruthless and less predictable. Why couldnt he just change tactics when he needed to. smh. I wish he could stay, if wenger can admit he has been making mistakes and actually show he is prepared to alter our style of play then i am happy for him to stay. Is it too much to ask that our manager doesnt almost always make subs at the 70th minute. or that we dont always have to play with a number 10.
Just that this will not happen. I was hoping for this until 2-3 years ago but then it was clear it would just not happen. He is set in his ways. He is what he is. Hoping for him to change and adjust is futile.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

And it isn't that he don't want him to change or that I want him to fail, it is that I really think he can't and is now incapable of real success.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Of course, they can do whatever the f*** they want like I have the right to call it idiotic and disgraceful as well. That is democracy. The interesting part, I am willing to bet most decent Arsenal fans will not be pleased with this nonsense either.
This is a simple protest about Wenger & not renewing his contract right?

What exactly is the nonsense or are they planning to burn a Wenger effigy?

scytheavatar

Established Member
Planning to fly a banner over the Hawthorn stadium next week is totally uncalled for. Idiotic.

Why? It's disrespectful of Wenger but I think it's impossible to get rid of Wenger in a respectful way by now. People laugh at Utd fans for doing the same against Moyes but Utd fans should be regretting for not do it earlier.

mm76

Yer Da
Why? It's disrespectful of Wenger but I think it's impossible to get rid of Wenger in a respectful way by now. People laugh at Utd fans for doing the same against Moyes but Utd fans should be regretting for not do it earlier.

for me it's just a waste of good money - they could give whatever that plane costs to charity ffs

scytheavatar

Established Member
for me it's just a waste of good money - they could give whatever that plane costs to charity ffs

What a lot of people called charity nowadays is frequently the real waste of good money....... but it is their money, so why do you care?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom