• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

These no fighting spirit players that Wenger has bought, trained and developed. Perhaps it's his fault that there is no fighting attitude.

Also this whole players downing tools not playing hard enough is starting to grind on me. Its not great. Let's be clear on that. But the players are human like you and me. If you goto your work and your manager who you don't like says do you want to do some overtime or help in someway you'll say no or do the bare minimum . If a manager you like asks you'll work harder. These guys are still professional. Coming to training doing as asked but they clearly aren't going the extra mile.

There is no reason to dislike Wenger. I have never ever heard him saying a bad thing about any player, regardless of how rubbish they might have been. The only thing he ever said about his own player was that Xhaka is not good in his tackling, and I believe he was forced to, because of all the pressure he had/s from all the sides. On top of this, I think he is the most professional and well-educated coach the football has seen

In my opinion, the players are using all this fuss and all this risen dust around Wenger by the external factors to the club, like fans and others, to underperform because they know not many people will blame them. I don't like the attitude of most. Alexis is a great player but what team on Earth would allow his behaviour going unpunished when he laughs at losses, or acting angry when substituted? None

I also don't like Koscielny attitude lately.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

This is the first time the league has 4 world class coaches and another up and coming one in Pochettino. I said at the beginning of the season and to Makingtrax that Wenger would be king if he managed to win the title despite these guys being at disadvantages such as just starting out.
Absolutely. Its not just Chelsea, City, United and us this is now a proper challenge with Liverpool having a proven manager in and Sp**s more robust than they've ever been during Wengers tenure. And it looks like the first proper challenge will see Arsène crash out of the top four spots.

Preacher

Always Crying
Gazidis and co should have started to plan future without Wenger right away after Wenger signed last contract in 2014. Did they think, that Wenger will be Arsenal manager forever....

I remember, that Gazidis used to joke about a drawer in his office containing contingency plans in the event of Wenger leaving, which he hoped would stay locked for many years.

What is this genius plan, Wenger staying for transition period ?

eye4goal

Established Member
I don't think it helps that alot of players will have a year left on their contracts come the summer. Why would they perform when the manager is likely going?

For all Wenger's obsession about stability he's actually been a better manager when he was losing important players all the time. Even in the austerity years I think it helped. The last 3-4 years the place has become too comfortable. Players like Arteta and Rosicky were kept until they retired and you could see the same happening with Cech, Cazorla, Per etc. Last summer we should have shook things up a little and moved on a couple. Now we'll need wholesale changes, and 3-4 years of transition abit like Utd post Fergie, but with less money to get ourselves out of trouble. In our situation I'd say someone like Jardim would be a better fit than Allegri.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Absolutely. Its not just Chelsea, City, United and us this is now a proper challenge with Liverpool having a proven manager in and Sp**s more robust than they've ever been during Wengers tenure. And it looks like the first proper challenge will see Arsène crash out of the top four spots.
Agreed and I actually see Wenger's job during the stadium building period a successful one but being objective and rational, there were few external challenges for a top 4 position.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I don't think it helps that alot of players will have a year left on their contracts come the summer.
To be honest, I think thats a great opportunity. Whether a new manager comes or a sporting director or both, they could move on or keep players how they want. Hopefully we look at it like that as an opportunity and come up with a new plan with new players.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
IF I believed in conspiracy theories, I would believe the players were playing to get Arsène out, with the possible exception of Özil, who feigns injury and illness rather than be a part of it

scytheavatar

Established Member
There is no reason to dislike Wenger. I have never ever heard him saying a bad thing about any player, regardless of how rubbish they might have been. The only thing he ever said about his own player was that Xhaka is not good in his tackling, and I believe he was forced to, because of all the pressure he had/s from all the sides. On top of this, I think he is the most professional and well-educated coach the football has seen

In my opinion, the players are using all this fuss and all this risen dust around Wenger by the external factors to the club, like fans and others, to underperform because they know not many people will blame them. I don't like the attitude of most. Alexis is a great player but what team on Earth would allow his behaviour going unpunished when he laughs at losses, or acting angry when substituted? None

I also don't like Koscielny attitude lately.

No one would blame them?!?!?! Sanchez is our top scorer and the only player who was of any use yesterday, yet people like you will slant him just to deflect blame from Wenger. These players are at their prime years, the years that will determine whether they become legends or trash, and they have a manager who has no clue. No clue how to teach his players to press. No clue how to build up the ball from the back. No clue how zonal marking works. The clock is ticking for these players and yet they are in a club with no sense of urgency, no determination to win the title at all costs. No will to change their dinosaur manager. How would you feel if you are in their boots? Your colleagues can't be trusted, your manager isn't doing his job, you are in a company in rapid decline.....

Erlis

Wenger brought them to the club, is there manager and has had the time to build team after team in his own image with different players. He sets the standards so he has to live with it.

It is not all up to Wenger, there are also other people who decide when it comes to buying or not new players. He taught them all football, starting from Alexis, and now they behave as ungrateful as one can be.

He should go or take another position at the Arsenal Club and leave them with some psycho look alike manager, you know like Mourinho or Allegri so they will have to deal with them.

Erlis

No one would blame them?!?!?! Sanchez is our top scorer and the only player who was of any use yesterday, yet people like you will slant him just to deflect blame from Wenger. These players are at their prime years, the years that will determine whether they become legends or trash, and they have a manager who has no clue. No clue how to teach his players to press. No clue how to build up the ball from the back. No clue how zonal marking works. The clock is ticking for these players and yet they are in a club with no sense of urgency, no determination to win the title at all costs. No will to change their dinosaur manager. How would you feel if you are in their boots? Your colleagues can't be trusted, your manager isn't doing his job, you are in a company in rapid decline.....

I already said that Alexis is a great player but he also should serve as a good example to other players when it comes to behaviour. Alexis should also be grateful to Wenger that this season he is the player he is.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I already said that Alexis is a great player but he also should serve as a good example to other players when it comes to behaviour. Alexis should also be grateful to Wenger that this season he is the player he is.

And Sanchez would be more of a player if he hasn't been forced to play with Giroud, if he has actually competent players around him that he can trust. If Sanchez is given a chance to play for Wenger or Guardiola in City which manager do you think he will prefer?

Erlis

And Sanchez would be more of a player if he hasn't been forced to play with Giroud, if he has actually competent players around him that he can trust. If Sanchez is given a chance to play for Wenger or Guardiola in City which manager do you think he will prefer?

Didn't Alexis (and not only him) know what players play for Arsenal when he agreed to play under Wenger? I'm sure he did. Giroud is not bad, imo. He has some advantages that Alexis doesn't have, like the height for example, and his headers are second to none.
What is Guardiola doing? Not much .

eye4goal

Established Member
To be honest, I think thats a great opportunity. Whether a new manager comes or a sporting director or both, they could move on or keep players how they want. Hopefully we look at it like that as an opportunity and come up with a new plan with new players.

Yeah it is for next season not this. Alot of players will be unhappy about not being offered new terms, and the group doesn't look united behind the scenes. He's not helped himself Wenger, and his indecisiveness and emotional attachment to this group is likely to cost him his job. The job could be overwhelming for whoever comes in.

To Be A Rock

Oh dear, what nonsense. So, what's the excuse for yesterday? How many times has he NOT played with Giroud? Sanchez would be more of a player if he looked up occasionally and was less 'me me me'. were you one of the fools chanting 'you don't know what you're doing' when Wenger substituted Sanchez even though he was so obviously injured??

To Be A Rock

download (24).jpg
Exclusive behind the scenes snap of Wenger forcing Sanchez to play with Giroud and Ramsey not to stay with players at corners....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom