• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsmile

Established Member
if I was Arsène i'd say

" I am staying one more year- then after that I am retiring- good bad or indifferent- one more year"

not necessarily what I want...but it's what i'd do if I was him

then say to Özil/sanchez- guys youre with me for one more year- forget the contract..i don't care about what happens after that...we're all in for 12 months-

get rid of the idiots who have let you down this far...you've given them 7 or 8 years to mature- you don't have another 2 or 3....no one who might come good in the future- if you cant trust them now get rid

blow every penny in the bank on one or two proper world classers

the whole squad will know where they stand- at least some will be motivated to have some impact next season as the final figures in a 20 year dynasty.....

we've got to have 'that' season where we go for broke- it will either be in Arsène's last year- or in his replacement's first....seems like he might as well be the one to take that risk?

carlito'sway

Established Member
how can anyone be? wouldn't it be nice to Support Southhampton or something?

imagine, the excitement of the odd good run, some of their homegrown talents, midtable so you don't get crushed when you don't win and can feel joy about being midtable... and every win is cause for celebration

You really believe that we will be flirted with relegation.....Don't you think that is rather hyperbolic? Come on.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Wenger leaving along with Alexis and Özil and probably 10 more first team players is going to make next season and probably the season after a huge struggle. Wenger won't want to leave the club in such a mess and I can see why he'll try and cling on for another year.

However, I'm willing to accept a few years of 6th place finishes if it means he leaves this May. The whole club needs change, most of our squad needs clearing out for starters, the gang of losers.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
One more year feels like the worst thing we could do. Özil and Alexis would surely be sold and I doubt the players that you'd want to replace them with would be attracted to us because of the uncertainty/competitiveness.

Leaving at the end of his current contract would prove how much he loves the club.
Correct. What kinds of player are we attracting after Özil, Alexis and whoever else escapes this mess--and then there's a manager who's got one foot out the door! :lol:

arsmile

Established Member
Correct. What kinds of player are we attracting after Özil, Alexis and whoever else escapes this mess--and then there's a manager who's got one foot out the door! :lol:
not sure about that - it's how/why ferguson got van persie

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
if I was Arsène i'd say

" I am staying one more year- then after that I am retiring- good bad or indifferent- one more year"

not necessarily what I want...but it's what i'd do if I was him

then say to Özil/sanchez- guys youre with me for one more year- forget the contract..i don't care about what happens after that...we're all in for 12 months-

get rid of the idiots who have let you down this far...you've given them 7 or 8 years to mature- you don't have another 2 or 3....no one who might come good in the future- if you cant trust them now get rid

blow every penny in the bank on one or two proper world classers

the whole squad will know where they stand- at least some will be motivated to have some impact next season as the final figures in a 20 year dynasty.....

we've got to have 'that' season where we go for broke- it will either be in Arsène's last year- or in his replacement's first....seems like he might as well be the one to take that risk?

Isn't that what we were supposed to do this year?

Xhaka and Mustafi may not be world class, but reputation and skills wise they were solid signings, and they were a strenghtening of the squad, not just replacements like every other player the last few years apart from Özil and Sanchez

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

No CL football means nothing when it comes to the players the club will go for really. In the last two summers WITH CL football we've signed Cech, Elneny, Xhaka, Mustafi, Lucas and Holding. Hardly players we'd be unable to sign without it.

We'd miss out on the next Barca/Madrid reject, I'm gutted.

arsmile

Established Member
Isn't that what we were supposed to do this year?

Xhaka and Mustafi may not be world class, but reputation and skills wise they were solid signings, and they were a strenghtening of the squad, not just replacements like every other player the last few years apart from Özil and Sanchez
maybe that was the intention

but it's been the opposite- the whole season has just had an atmosphere of uncertainty over it as Arsène dithers about his future...it's been damaging to the team

Eboue1

No CL football means nothing really. In the last two summers WITH CL football we've signed Cech, Elneny, Xhaka, Mustafi, Lucas and Holding. Hardly players we'd be unable to sign without it.

We'd miss out on the next Barca/Madrid reject, I'm gutted.

To hell with UCL spot , we do not care anymore also if we attain that he will sign another two year contract then we suffer as usual

They wont gent money so they have to deal with it!!

as we all deal with this embarrassment.....

on the Bold....that is our club stinginess and how they act like we are Bornamouth

CHOPS

By the time we play Man City in the semi-final at Wembley next month we'll be 10th in the EPL with no team the way they're getting injured,no glory for Wenger in a FA Cup Final so no contract even for a year!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
yeah but he knew he was leaving and that's why he went in for him
Im talking about our ability to attract players after our best players leave, and with the uncertainty surrounding the manager. I'm not even sure what you're talking about! The world knows Wengers future is uncertain. The world did not know Fergie was leaving. If RvP knew he probably would have stayed with Arsenal.

Eboue1

The story of Arsène wenger ending looks similar of that of brian clough with Nottingham forest

wenger may be could had left in 2014 after beating HULL in FA CUP at wembley

sadly now if he bows out he will go as a loser :rolleyes:

Eboue1

Im talking about our ability to attract players after our best players leave, and with the uncertainty surrounding the manager. I'm not even sure what you're talking about! The world knows Wengers future is uncertain. The world did not know Fergie was leaving. If RvP knew he probably would have stayed with Arsenal.

RVP did not know anything about fergie's retirement thats for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom