• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Heard a rumour that a Spanish manager and former Arsenal legend are on the shortlist for manager and assistant.
Belgiums-assistant-coach-Thierry-Henry.jpg

Taking their talents to Arsenal. :drool:

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Sorry but Wenger has most control over which players are bought. Majority were bought by Wenger from other clubs and weren't taught to play football by him but developed.

Personally, I don't mind the idea of Wenger taking another role while there is a new coaching staff working with the first team squad but I'd rather someone who knows what he is supposed to do and not do.

In my country, Barcelona has almost the largest number of supporters when we speak of these famous international teams, and trust me I have never ever heard before of Sanchez until this season, no one knew him or at least I have never heard anyone mentioning him until recently. In contrary, there is no football fan that didn't hear of Özil even before he played for Arsenal, just as the comparison.

Wenger has taught him and as a result, he developed. I am not against Alexis, I like his fighting spirit but not his behaviour in some of the situations. If any player would act like him, including my fav Xhaka, I would wish him simply to leave, why stay when you seem not to have the love for the club or manager, including fans.

Last edited:

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, he'd be kept busy. but no doubt, they'd learn :)

As you say, there're those who would learn, the footballing recidivists would at least make a beeline for the exit freeing up space for those who would at least be honored to wear the Arsenal shirt :lol:

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
They'd need counselling twice a week to keep them from having breakdowns. Jens is the obvious one, but I bet Henry would be a ****ing nightmare to be managed by :lol:

break them down to build them up again bootcamp style

with just a few games left it is not some new tactical change that can be achieved really, a swift kick in the butt, motivation and hard work

Preacher

Always Crying
IMO, the longer we won't hear anything, the greater chances of his stay on.
However only naive person can believe, that upcoming results will able to strengthen his position justifying new contract. It doesn't matter when Wenger stay on would be reported, now or after a month or two.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Martinez is a better manager than Low, who many on here want. Probably better than Enrique and Blanc too.

He's the most desirable out of the second rate managers.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Will he, won't he etc. I thought he would clinch top 4, maybe get a few player extensions and then say he's staying.

If he doesn't get top 4, he can't do that.

He wants to stay, that much is clear, but looks like he can't sell that to the fans anymore. He's torn I feel.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
IMO, the longer we won't hear anything, the greater chances of his stay on.
However only naive person can believe, that upcoming results will able to strengthen his position justifying new contract. It doesn't matter when Wenger stay on would be reported, now or after a month or two.

I get the feeling he will sign for 1 year with an optional second.

The only way that would be okay is if he reverts to pre stadium Wenger and literally builds a team of athletes to negate his lack of defensive coaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom