• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger Stadium

Should Arsenal rename the Emirates Stadium after Arsène Wenger?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided/Not Sure/No opinion

Results are only viewable after voting.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Be a bit awkward if Wengers PSG are trashing us at the Wenger Stadium down the line.
Even if this name change does take place, it will not be happening anytime soon.

I think Wenger would be enjoying retirement by the time this hopeful name change happens.

Jae

Please, we've been clamouring to get him out of our club for the past 4 years and now some of you want us to name our stadium after him? :lol: Some of you have changed your tune!

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Whether we should & if we will name the stadium after Wenger are 2 different things. Naming rights bring in regular income over a long period, cant see us turning that down. A statue and The Arsène Wenger Stand should both happen though, the sooner the better.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
The idea is cheap, lazy and tacky. It implies the club is solely about Wenger.

To be fair lots of clubs have their stadiums named after important people from that club, it's hardly a novelty. It just seems a bit ridiculous because we're so up close to Wenger. It's probably way too soon, but maybe in 10 years time when the deal expires it won't seem so ridiculous. In 50 years time it could seem perfectly normal.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
When you say 'plummeting' you mean 'going through the ceiling', right? Because that's what's going to happen :lol: But that's for the other thread.

:lol:

Definitely the other way around. I could never accept the cashing in process. No matter how brilliant a business model.

Jae

Should just name one of the banks after him. That's what United did with Fergie.

Brown Gooner

Please, we've been clamouring to get him out of our club for the past 4 years and now some of you want us to name our stadium after him? :lol: Some of you have changed your tune!
Don’t know about the rest but my stance on AW has been pretty consistent.

Respect the hell out of him for whatever he has done for the club but at the same time I accepted the reality that the time for a change had come and he needed to go at the end of this season.

Arsenal were stagnating under him and something had to give. The first blow My faith in Wenger took was in that 2011 defeat against Birmingham. The two FA Cups helped me recover a bit but then the 2015-16 season happened. Watford eliminated us in the FA Cup at home and ****ing Leicester City won the PL ahead of us! That combined with our routine Ro16 CL exits (one of which came against bloody Monaco!) made me ultimately realize that Wenger’s time at Arsenal was up.

Last year when everyone wanted him gone after the record FA Cup win, I wanted to see him stay for one last season (the current 17-18 season) so that he could have a final crack at the two trophies that elude him (a European trophy and the League Cup) and the fans could give him a final farewell season.

Unfortunately the board gave him a two year deal and things got really ugly after Christmas. This announcement should’ve been made in December so that Wenger could’ve had a solid final few months at the club with everyone behind him and the team.

Last edited:

Brown Gooner

Not until he’s retired.

Isn't that what clubs do when a legend dies?

To be fair lots of clubs have their stadiums named after important people from that club, it's hardly a novelty. It just seems a bit ridiculous because we're so up close to Wenger. It's probably way too soon, but maybe in 10 years time when the deal expires it won't seem so ridiculous. In 50 years time it could seem perfectly normal.

This is exactly my point. I don’t think the name will/should be changed anytime soon. It should happen when Wenger is really old or ...

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
The idea is cheap, lazy and tacky. It implies the club is solely about Wenger.
No it does not. You are being deliberately difficult when you clearly know it doesn't signify that.

And even then, the Stadium move was a project he was heading. We wouldn't be in this position without his vision.

Top Bottom