• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger Stadium

Should Arsenal rename the Emirates Stadium after Arsène Wenger?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided/Not Sure/No opinion

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Can it just be said that Wenger DID NOT build the ****ing Emirates stadium. He neither financed it or laid a brick. He was the manager when it was built. That's it. Will Pochettino have built Tottenham's new stadium? Behave. The building of the stadium doesn't have to be credited to Wenger in order for his time here to be deemed a success, but that's what some appear to be trying to do. Weird.

Jae

Don’t know about the rest but my stance on AW has been pretty consistent.

Respect the hell out of him for whatever he has done for the club but at the same time I accepted the reality that the time for a change had come and he needed to go at the end of this season.

Arsenal were stagnating under him and something had to give. The first blow My faith in Wenger took was in that 2011 defeat against Birmingham. The two FA Cups helped me recover a bit but then the 2015-16 season happened. Watford eliminated us in the FA Cup at home and ****ing Leicester City won the PL ahead of us! That combined with our routine Ro16 CL exits (one of which came against bloody Monaco!) made me ultimately realize that Wenger’s time at Arsenal was up.

Last year when everyone wanted him gone after the record FA Cup win, I wanted to see him stay for one last season (the current 17-18 season) so that he could have a final crack at the two trophies that elude him (a European trophy and the League Cup) and the fans could give him a final farewell season.

Unfortunately the board gave him a two year deal and things got really ugly after Christmas. This announcement should’ve been made in December so that Wenger could’ve had a solid final few months at the club with everyone behind him and the team.

Agree with all that mate except I probably would have him go when we won our last FA Cup.

As much as I like and respect the man its a daft idea to be naming a stadium after him.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Would be nice but there's a lot of money to be made with stadium naming rights. I also think it's a bit OTT, you need that Santiago Bernebau impact for a stadium to be named after you. A stand would be more appropriate I think.

If we do go ahead and do it then it has to be this.:lol:
Big Wengz Arena.

Sound good.

Can it just be said that Wenger DID NOT build the ****ing Emirates stadium. He neither financed it or laid a brick. He was the manager when it was built. That's it. Will Pochettino have built Tottenham's new stadium? Behave. The building of the stadium doesn't have to be credited to Wenger in order for his time here to be deemed a success, but that's what some appear to be trying to do. Weird.

Wenger kept us in top4 with profit in transfer market for almost a decade because that was part of the way how owners wanted Emirates to be fincanced!

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Would be nice but there's a lot of money to be made with stadium naming rights. I also think it's a bit OTT, you need that Santiago Bernebau impact for a stadium to be named after you. A stand would be more appropriate I think.

If we do go ahead and do it then it has to be this.:lol:

:lol:

blaze_of_glory

Dunno, from the looks of this he was the only one working on it. Unbelievable, must have pulled a couple all-nighters here and there.

EqVcPDp.jpg

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Again, don't be deliberately difficult like @rich 1990 no one ever... (Honestly who would even think that) that Arsène Wenger was with the builders building the Emirates stadium. No one even ever insinuated that he financed the stadium in any way.

What people understand (anyone who ever mentions Arsène and the stadium... So everyone) is that it was his project, a project he wanted to see through and a proposed move that he poured most of his career into.

Arsène Wenger won that game... Did he shoot to score the winning goal? A parent telling you that they made you, aside from the initial insertion, were you involved in the biological processes? Were you involved in the modeling of the organs etc...?

I know you hate hype but this is a being deliberately obtuse.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Bit soon for that, just like when people wanted him to take an upstairs role.

Wouldn’t necessarily lose the sponsorship money though, quite a few stadiums now seem to combine the two.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
I think we should do like the Americans do where the stadium's name carries double names.

For example at Florida State University's football stadium is called 'Bobby Bowden field at Doak Campbell Stadium'.

Bobby Bowden is their greatest coach and Doak Campbell their greatest university president.

Just an idea...

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Bit soon for that, just like when people wanted him to take an upstairs role.

Wouldn’t necessarily lose the sponsorship money though, quite a few stadiums now seem to combine the two.
No one is saying that this needs to happen imminently. We can surely rule out the next decade because of the Emirates naming rights deal but maybe after that this should be given consideration.

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom