• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: 20 Years and Counting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruisio

Established Member
I'd say that Uncle Mike makes me embarassed to be an Arsenal fan but thankfully I know he doesn't even represent 1% of Arsenal fans :D

Camel

Uncle Mike said:
Don't tell me our rivals have improved. They have not. Man U lost their all-conquering manager and replaced him with a clueless mug who should have won a few trophies at Everton with that talent. Chelsea are no better. Man City are no better. Tottenham lost Dempsey and will lose Bale, and what have they brought in to replace them? Players not good enough for big clubs like the preceding, including us.

Man U IIRC comfortably won the league and have one of the best squads in England. They don't really need strengthening except central midfield. They also can buy Fellaini and Baines.
Chelsea have Mourinho + strong team, they also could buy anybody they want in winter window.
Man City, ahem, they kinda bought a lot and have a proper manager instead of clueless Mancini now.
Even Tottenham strengthened and they didn't lost Bale yet.

While we have Sanogo...

boyinneedofhumor

Cruisio said:
I'd say that Uncle Mike makes me embarassed to be an Arsenal fan but thankfully I know he doesn't even represent 1% of Arsenal fans :D
You really shouldnt underestimate what he ALONE is already capable of coming up with, you know...

Cruisio

Established Member
Mastadon said:
Uncle Mike is to this Arsenal regime what Comical Ali was to the Saddam Hussein regime.

:D

"What players? There are no players that would improve us'

Whilst Higuain, Gustavo and Willian just stroll past him

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It's an amazing achievement--particularly the last 7 years. Could he have done better? For sure, I reckon, but you could ask the same of every manager of every team that achieved something. Nows the time, though. Now's the time he really can be judged.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Enjoy yourself with this thread mate. Wenger is a visionary and his foresight, knowledge, philosophy of football have been on a curve ahead of the game ever since he got here and will remain that way. Fans are so caught up in the no trophy trip that they don't see what a great club we have now and how lucky we have been to witness such amazing football talent in our backyard for years now. The club ahs changed and is moving forward at pace-some of the fans need to catch up because I can assure you Arsenal FC are not going backwards. Wenger's a brave and stubborn man and just as well because if he was ever to have taken the advice of some of the clowns on this site we'd be in the Championsip with the mighty Owen Coyle at the helm

Cruisio

Established Member
Haha

And after 4 games the apologists are out again :D

If the transfer window closes and we're left with nothing but our d**ks in our hands then what? They flip back again? :D

Wenger should have gone a long time ago. Do I wish him all the success in the world? Of course I do, because that would mean Arsenal are doing well. Do I thank him for what he's done for us and appreciate the vision? Of course I do, look at the great position as a club he's put us in

However, none of that masks the fact that he SHOULD have done more in the last few years and hasn't kicked on despite the resources being available for him to do so (not big money, but enough to not put up with Almunia or Denilson for as long as we did etc)

It's really time to sort it out, bring in the quality to plug the gaps in the squad and really go all out to win the league this season, because it's there for the taking given the situation with the other squads. Sadly I see him doing what he usually does, some, but not enough, but i'd love to be surprised

Camel

<a class="postlink" href="http://havearsenalspentanymoneyyet.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://havearsenalspentanymoneyyet.com/</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wonder what are new excuses Wenger and his apologists list now.

Supposedly we saved money to get Fabregas this window(Who never wanted to leave Barca, nor the club wanted to sell).

Then it was CL qualification, because nobody will go to Arsenal without CL. Soldado, Paulinho etc. probably thought that spuds play in the CL.

Then it will be wait until the winter transfer window. And inevitable "judge after the season".

a_fourteen

Established Member
Cruisio said:
Haha

And after 4 games the apologists are out again :D

If the transfer window closes and we're left with nothing but our d**ks in our hands then what? They flip back again? :D

Wenger should have gone a long time ago. Do I wish him all the success in the world? Of course I do, because that would mean Arsenal are doing well. Do I thank him for what he's done for us and appreciate the vision? Of course I do, look at the great position as a club he's put us in

However, none of that masks the fact that he SHOULD have done more in the last few years and hasn't kicked on despite the resources being available for him to do so (not big money, but enough to not put up with Almunia or Denilson for as long as we did etc)

It's really time to sort it out, bring in the quality to plug the gaps in the squad and really go all out to win the league this season, because it's there for the taking given the situation with the other squads. Sadly I see him doing what he usually does, some, but not enough, but i'd love to be surprised
Thread title is crystal clear mate. If you dont have anything good to say about him find another thread. There are plenty of threads that house your little rant.

glaveror

Well,16 years of CL football is amazing so yes,thanks for that!
And with that now I'm off to some other threads to rant about spending money and other things. :)

fabo

6.51 / 10
The CL novelty has worn off slightly for me. I don't go into any CL campaign with the belief that we can do anything significant, even though there are countless examples of sides with inferior teams/lower budgets turning over the elite through tactics etc. Hell, we've done it ourselves once to get to the final but overall, Wenger hasn't done enough in the CL with some of the teams he's had.

It seems for us, the season goals tend to be getting Top 4 + winning our CL qualifier. Nothing has changed this Summer to make me think otherwise.

fabo

6.51 / 10
I was more hurt after the Wayne Bridge goal in '04 than Paris '06. Definitely one of my lowest points as a fan.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
fabo said:
I was more hurt after the Wayne Bridge goal in '04 than Paris '06. Definitely one of my lowest points as a fan.

We were so shafted by the fixture list that week! That was the Wenger team that should have won the Champions League, it was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom