Arséne Wenger: Deal or No Deal?

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Makingtrax, Oct 7, 2016.

?

Should Wenger be given a new contract?

1. Yes

22.1%
  2. No

70.4%
  3. Undecided

7.5%
  1. carlito'sway

carlito'sway Well-Known Member

This....!

When one reads some comments here, it would seem that we conceded the most goals on set pieces this season, while it is totally the opposite (similar last season as well).

2. carlito'sway

From Özil book, it appears they do a lot of specific work l on the training ground...but what does he know, the german wizard? ;)

Makingtrax likes this.
  3. Notorious Big

Notorious Big Well-Known Member

Wenger won't bring anything new.He had his time to prove critics wrong and he failed in miserable way.Leicester and Europa League now.Enough.

North5 likes this.
  4. scytheavatar

scytheavatar Well-Known Member

Can you win titles with "class"? Can you beat Bayern in the CL with "class"? If you can't then why the freak do you give a damn about your manager having "class"? Losers have no class, period, and Wenger has no class now because he has become a laughing stock whom other fans do not respect. Our club now have no class because we have become the club of spineless losers who have a soft belly and are easy to bully. If you want us to have class, we need to win. Can Wenger make us win?

5. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Unsinkable !

We are 3rd tier team in Europe and will be so for probably next 10-20 years.

After Wenger is gone if we want to win we need to get the CL from the backdoor. That means defense and anti football. To do that at elite level we need some like Allegri or Simone.

North5 and WhatAFC like this.
  6. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Could be worse Moderator

Gooner Zig, Preacher and Jasard like this.
  7. teamsoutheast

teamsoutheast Member

I dont want anti football.

Makingtrax likes this.
  8. James Bond

James Bond Moderation Consultant

Despite all that "work" he doesn't know how to defend a corner...

The German Theo Walcott. He (His media team) talks a good game but it doesn't translate to the pitch to win/ save us points more often than not.

Keep quoting his words as gospel and using it to defend Wenger though.

North5 and Jury like this.
  9. carlito'sway

Dude, the facts posted above were pretty self explanatory. Let me post them again:
    Only Chelsea (5) and United (4) have conceded fewer set piece goals than us this season (6). We were also 3rd lowest last season.

But who cares about facts when we need to push our views....;)

10. James Bond

IMG_2796.jpg

We have joint highest goals conceded of the top 7 teams despite having played 1-2 games less than everyone else. We are miles off from the amount of goals conceded as the two clubs challenging for the title. We can't defend, but yet you guys are trying to defend Arséne with some doggy stat and words "by" Özil saying we work on **** on the training ground.

It's like when people were big upping Arséne's/Arsenal's "unbeaten" run stat that included the Euros and preseason tours against nothing teams. We can't defend FFS.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017 at 6:07 PM
    North5 likes this.
  11. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

blaze_of_glory and Gooner Zig like this.
  12. carlito'sway

The last time I checked we were talking about on goals conceded set pieces, right?

Makingtrax likes this.
  13. James Bond

Yup. I initially replied with a pretty damning example IMO that Özil is just talking the talk, again.

You, @GDeep™ and @Makingtrax we're agreeing that Wenger does great work on the training ground after Özil's words and the stat @say yes posted. Ya'll are trying to paint Arsenal as a good defensive team because some doggy stat from who knows, calculated by some way only god knows, says we are a good defensive team in some aspect. Again just like the undefeated stat being tossed around early on in the season, people take that **** as gospel too often.

What is hard to understand?

14. carlito'sway

The point we were making, with specific stats, was specifically about set pieces, feel free to move the goal posts.

Makingtrax likes this.
  15. Gooner Zig

Gooner Zig Well-Known Member

I've been listening to Arseblog for years and this is comfortably the best interview he's ever had.

Wrighty is such a ****ing legend. Love him.

16. Gooner Zig

Gooner Zig Well-Known Member

It's clear to me that despite the perception that we are a well run club, we're really a shambles and on top of that, there is a real lack of governance and leadership from those that are in positions of power.
    • The 40+1M bid;
    • Allowing players to run down their contracts;
    • The tidbit about Dick Law missing the plan to finalise Özil;
    • The ambiguity in reporting lines - does AW report to Ivan? Really seems as though this isn't the case

North5 and carlito'sway like this.
  17. Skalidis

Skalidis Well-Known Member

I haven't listened to it; could you elaborate on the bolded bit?

18. James Bond

No moving goalpost. It's a doggy stat. It has no source or explaination of how it's calculated, but that won't stop ya'll from using to defend Wenger instantly you know because stats don't lie!

19. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Could be worse Moderator

Wright claims Law missed a flight and the club ended up having to pay more to sign Özil as a result. I'd put that squarely in unconfirmed rumour at this point, Wright didn't sound like he knew for sure.

celestis, Gooner Zig and Skalidis like this.
  20. Skalidis

Skalidis Well-Known Member

Thanks, Blaze. It sounds ridiculous :lol:, but who knows?