• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Arsenal 4 - 2 Leicester City | Saturday 13th August 2022 | KO: 15:00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

giphy.gif

Spirit BOMB to these Foxes. Same team as below:

1660256206948.png

0799E111-2AF2-4BAC-807F-FAE8473D734B.jpeg

Post match, Teta needs to make A-M happy and bring out the stash of Snickers & Twix for their boy Youri Michelin as a sweetener:

EyDirzXXAAAOL7w

Got a feeling that Gabby Jesus is going to cook in this one.

I’ll say 3-0 🔴⚪

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 102404

I feel confident about this one. Let's make it a convincing win.

Anyone know where I can watch Match of the Day without a VPN (not a resident of the UK, so iPlayer doens't work), by the way? Want to see the highlights of last weekend to judge where Leicester's at.
You can watch highlights of Arsenal games on Arsenal.com , or the full game… maybe Leicester do the same on their website? Very likely.

pettr

Also I have seen lately on the LiveScore site, if you click on the past results, they also post after the game short highlights usually form the team website, at least for the premier league games.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Half the squad was injured first part of the season

Yeah, we were carried by Alexis until everyone got fit...but second half of that season, some of THE very best football we have played.

Sanchez, Cazorla, Özil, Ramsey, Walcott, Wilshere, Kos, Per, Nacho, Giroud, Welbeck, Bellerin, Gnabry (shame it didn't work out here with Serge) Coquelin, Sczc, Rozza...really good squad that, nice mix of players/characters

Qualified for the Champions League, won the FA cup and the Community Shield...best Emirates season.

Last edited:

ThePortugueseGunner

Tough challenge for our second game, but playing at home, I'm confident we can make it 2 wins out of 2 games. Even though I have my doubts on long-term success when teams like City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Sp**s have more established talent globally, it's the W runs against "smaller" teams that give the team confidence to face the top teams eye-to-eye.

Really confidente we get the win here and stay 100% victorious.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Rotation isn't just about who you take off but also about who you bring on. I suggest Nketiah, who's just been given a big contract after a frustrating season which ended encouragingly, also needs a goal.

It's not benching, it's using the bench and the squad. He has 5 substitutions, he needs to use them more and better, You can bet your bottom dollar the likes of City and Liverpool will be doing so,
There are benefits to starting the same first 11 for a few matches in a row, Nketiah will get lots of chances with the cups and especially Europa league coming up, Id imagine he will be starting up front for most of them. Lets get our team, formation and style straight before we risk throwing the dishes with the dishwater. We're 1 game in to the season we can afford to put our strongest 11 on the pitch as tough a match as Palace was.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Tough challenge for our second game, but playing at home, I'm confident we can make it 2 wins out of 2 games. Even though I have my doubts on long-term success when teams like City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Sp**s have more established talent globally, it's the W runs against "smaller" teams that give the team confidence to face the top teams eye-to-eye.

Really confidente we get the win here and stay 100% victorious.
Having seen some of the statistics from the Palace game this should be far more manageable. Palace had an insane amount of pressures on the ball, given the size of the pitch its a great sign how well we dealt with it. Leiecester carry a different type of threat but we should be able to play our game at the Emirates and hopefully put them away early.

Slug457

I think it could be one of the best atmospheres we’ve seen in a long time. The feel good factor and hope for a stadium full of fresh, rejuvenated and emotionally intact fans, in the sunshine. The players with be super charged for this. I only see a great performance and a 3-4 goal win.
This. Long gone are the dark days of protests and banners and abuse within the stadium, a totally supportive, energetic and optimistic support now prevails, which will give the players an extra 5% boost if not more. Supporters are more optimistic this season than they have been in 10+ years.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
This. Long gone are the dark days of protests and banners and abuse within the stadium, a totally supportive, energetic and optimistic support now prevails, which will give the players an extra 5% boost if not more. Supporters are more optimistic this season than they have been in 10+ years.
That’s all many of the WOBs wanted. That innocence was never coming back. I craved that more than wanting anyone to disappear… I think when people used to say they wanted their arsenal back, what they meant was they wanted the unpredictability and and chance to dream again. I don’t wish to start a war in this thread though… I may have already gone too far 😬

GDeep™

League is very weak
I reckon they’ll allow people to bring water in but I don’t think they’ll provide free water. If you can prove you’re dying, you’ll probably get free water
The emirates crowd deserve a good roasting.

Slug457

That’s all many of the WOBs wanted. That innocence was never coming back. I craved that more than wanting anyone to disappear… I think when people used to say they wanted their arsenal back, what they meant was they wanted the unpredictability and and chance to dream again. I don’t wish to start a war in this thread though… I may have already gone too far 😬
Well the unpredictability and opportunity to dream again is most certainly here with the signings coming in and the complete rebuild of the squad, in many ways the club. The club deserves credit for reconnecting with the fanbase also in ways it was not doing back then, whether it be evil PR or sincere. Think we can all agree it's time to deliver on the pitch now also, and I genuinely expect us to this season.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Too much confidence from Arsenal fans going into this.

Vardy and Maddison could rip us apart on the break, don’t think it’ll be as comfy as people think.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

They’ll most probably give you the government juice but they won’t give you the Evian. Interesting little test for the club. Keep me posted @A__G

You still on the Evian? 😷

Voss is clear and I don’t mean Courvoisier before your mind jumps straight to booze 🤣🤣

Bojan

I registered only to tell you not to be confident because you know what is going to happen, 0:0 HT, then 0:1 and 1-1 maybe. How we still can't learn this lesson after all these years is incredible.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You still on the Evian? 😷

Voss is clear and I don’t mean Courvoisier before your mind jumps straight to booze 🤣🤣
I don’t even know why I said Evian… Don’t think I’ve even seen it on the shelf in years. I got Voss once and kept be bottle in my car as a makeshift toilet. It’s still under the seat rattling around just waiting to smash. Needs emptying!

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

Tom Mix

There are benefits to starting the same first 11 for a few matches in a row, Nketiah will get lots of chances with the cups and especially Europa league coming up, Id imagine he will be starting up front for most of them. Lets get our team, formation and style straight before we risk throwing the dishes with the dishwater. We're 1 game in to the season we can afford to put our strongest 11 on the pitch as tough a match as Palace was.
Undoubtedly. There are also benefits from quickly establishing that we are a squad not just a first XI and that we can use strategy and guile to confound our rivals. Starting the same team should not be a badge of honour, the game lasts 90+ minutes and we don't need to win them in the first 15 minutes. Predictability can be a problem, keep the opposition guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom