• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Arsenal 4 - 2 Leicester City | Saturday 13th August 2022 | KO: 15:00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

giphy.gif

Spirit BOMB to these Foxes. Same team as below:

1660256206948.png

0799E111-2AF2-4BAC-807F-FAE8473D734B.jpeg

Post match, Teta needs to make A-M happy and bring out the stash of Snickers & Twix for their boy Youri Michelin as a sweetener:

EyDirzXXAAAOL7w

Got a feeling that Gabby Jesus is going to cook in this one.

I’ll say 3-0 🔴⚪

Last edited by a moderator:

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I registered only to tell you not to be confident because you know what is going to happen, 0:0 HT, then 0:1 and 1-1 maybe. How we still can't learn this lesson after all these years is incredible.

"if the fans are confident then the game won't go well" has to be up there with most ridiculous tropes in football.

GoonerJay24

Yeah, we were carried by Alexis until everyone got fit...but second half of that season, some of THE very best football we have played.

Sanchez, Cazorla, Özil, Ramsey, Walcott, Wilshere, Kos, Per, Nacho, Giroud, Welbeck, Bellerin, Gnabry (shame it didn't work out here with Serge) Coquelin, Sczc, Rozza...really good squad that, nice mix of players/characters

Qualified for the Champions League, won the FA cup and the Community Shield...best Emirates season.

Yet some stupid fans started to abuse and hound out the manager. We'll never get back to those days imo.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Undoubtedly. There are also benefits from quickly establishing that we are a squad not just a first XI and that we can use strategy and guile to confound our rivals. Starting the same team should not be a badge of honour, the game lasts 90+ minutes and we don't need to win them in the first 15 minutes. Predictability can be a problem, keep the opposition guessing.

Lets not worry too much about the opposition or you end up like Emery. Theres a balance and generally speaking the teams that do well are the ones who rotate the least, even City have a relatively small squad and a very rigid structure around which they play. Let the players build some cohesiveness and understanding on the pitch which will allow the team to develop a style, to go micro managing now would just hurt the team. Nketiah will grab his chance with 2 hands the second he gets it but we're one game in to the season with 4 competitions to play for.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
"if the fans are confident then the game won't go well" has to be up there with most ridiculous tropes in football.
My favourite was the time when England fans were convinced they wouldnt do well in the world cup... so some fans convinced themselves because of that maybe they would win after all

lufere7

I will be at this game! First time ever going to the stadium after 15+ years as a fan. I'm in Mexico so I've been waking up at 5-8 AM on Saturdays/Sundays for so long it feels surreal being so close to watch it live now.

And regardless of what I think about the current administration or how we finished last season I still love this club, so I'm very happy to be able to experience a game, let alone the first home game of the season.

Tom Mix

Lets not worry too much about the opposition or you end up like Emery. Theres a balance and generally speaking the teams that do well are the ones who rotate the least, even City have a relatively small squad and a very rigid structure around which they play. Let the players build some cohesiveness and understanding on the pitch which will allow the team to develop a style, to go micro managing now would just hurt the team. Nketiah will grab his chance with 2 hands the second he gets it but we're one game in to the season with 4 competitions to play for.
You should ALWAYS worry about the opposition. Arsène, whom I loved dearly, did not and that's why we got humiliated so many times in the second half of his Arsenal career. You do not need the same players and tactics for Liverpool away and Forest at home.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
You should ALWAYS worry about the opposition. Arsène, whom I loved dearly, did not and that's why we got humiliated so many times in the second half of his Arsenal career. You do not need the same players and tactics for Liverpool away and Forest at home.
You SHOULD AlLWAYS read a post youre commenting on. Can you re-read and understand I said overfocusing on the opposition was a serious problem which we saw with Emery. Not looking at the opposition is just well... plain stupid

Youre suggesting after we played the same starting 11 for the last few matches, and the same formation for most of last year.... we throw it all in the garbage can and simply go with an entirely new formation and ask players who arent that familiar with each other to pick it up in a few days, while also dropping an in form player.... so we can get the drop on the mighty leicester.... give me a break

G0D

Almighty
Same team as last week please - need to build up as much cohesion as possible into the first team with the 3 additions before worrying about rotating and giving others a chance.

Vardy is always a danger for them so don't see it being an easy game but this should be a win.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

I will be at this game! First time ever going to the stadium after 15+ years as a fan. I'm in Mexico so I've been waking up at 5-8 AM on Saturdays/Sundays for so long it feels surreal being so close to watch it live now.

And regardless of what I think about the current administration or how we finished last season I still love this club, so I'm very happy to be able to experience a game, let alone the first home game of the season.

Enjoy bro! Its great to see people who get to fulfil these sorts of dreams, no matter the result enjoy the atmosphere, enjoy the day, the stadium etc. And take pics and post em up here if you remember :thumbsup:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I registered only to tell you not to be confident because you know what is going to happen, 0:0 HT, then 0:1 and 1-1 maybe. How we still can't learn this lesson after all these years is incredible.

True, this can happen on the day. We are far too confident/arrogant right now and Leicester are still a dangerous team.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
A tight 3-3 game, Giroud x 2 for us plus Lucas Perez, Okazaki, De Laet and Cambiass for them

Just hope Wenger can pull something out of the bag against Pearson

/my old China, UTG

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We used to beat these guys before we became the highest spending club in Europe. Now it should be a 🍰

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

A tight 3-3 game, Giroud x 2 for us plus Lucas Perez, Okazaki, De Laet and Cambiass for them

Just hope Wenger can pull something out of the bag against Pearson

/my old China, UTG

So you had a time machine all along. Quick, get to the Patino thread!

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster

That's so awesome, enjoy it! London is absolutely stunning at the moment in the Sunshine as well, great time to visit 👍🤜

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom