• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Arsenal 4 - 2 Leicester City | Saturday 13th August 2022 | KO: 15:00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

giphy.gif

Spirit BOMB to these Foxes. Same team as below:

1660256206948.png

0799E111-2AF2-4BAC-807F-FAE8473D734B.jpeg

Post match, Teta needs to make A-M happy and bring out the stash of Snickers & Twix for their boy Youri Michelin as a sweetener:

EyDirzXXAAAOL7w

Got a feeling that Gabby Jesus is going to cook in this one.

I’ll say 3-0 🔴⚪

Last edited by a moderator:

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Lol at the amount of COPIUM that manure fan is on, I think I'm going to enjoy this season a lot.

If Chelsea can crash and burn that will complete it for me.

Oh its glorious, I've been blocked by two ManUre fans today just for laughing at the Brentford game.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Good result and performance generally. That said I still dont think we were good enough, we need to control games more both when we are squeezing teams, and when we look to calm them down when the opposition have a spring in their step.

I want us to bring in another wide forward and central midfielder and work on our control. Do that, and we will be behind City and Liverpool only.

Pop Tart

Established Member
****** olly foster trying to make it a closer game with his reports on bbc. Dominated the game. Their 2nd was the only time they turned up. We played some beautiful stuff. Harder teams till come but still

Pulp

Solid win that. A bit sloppy with the passing at times, but the team will only get better as the season pushes on. Nice to actually have quality on the bench as well. Hopefully no more obvious drops in performance when doing subs.

Bit curious about Leicester though. They haven't strengthened their squad at all, and could lose several key players having already lost Schmeichel. Too bad that Leicester fan stopped posting here. Would have been nice to hear some perspectives from their fans. That forum of theirs are filled with deluded fans, and not in the mood to shovel through all that ****e. Remember they were all thinking Leicester was a bigger club than Arsenal just a few seasons ago. Gone quiet now haven't they :lol:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I've only seen brief highlights but I'm delighted with the win. There are still improvements to be made collectively and individually but scoring more than two goals, some fluid attacks and statistical dominance is a vast improvement from last season. COYG

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
What a beautiful goal from GJ and Martinelli performance is getting better. He is playing much better than Saka at the moment. The goal he tracked back, cut the pass, run the space and scored with weak foot. This is going to be his best season. If we buy and expensive winger to bench him it's going to be something similar to what we did to Pepe with Willian, cutting his development completely. I take the gamble with him.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Good performance, couple of mistakes but it is still the second match of the season, looks like the team is gelling and as that happens performances will imrpove and there should be less mistakes.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Bornmouth next then Fulham and villa. Need get max points. It'll be nice start the season 15/15

SA Gunner

Bornmouth next then Fulham and villa. Need get max points. It'll be nice start the season 15/15

Im interested in the Man United away game. I know its one game at a time but that match is the one we must put a performance in.

United will be fired up for their fans, trying to prove that they are better than us. We must humble them.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Im interested in the Man United away game. I know its one game at a time but that match is the one we must put a performance in.

United will be fired up for their fans, trying to prove that they are better than us. We must humble them.
They'll definitely improve when we play them we'll need to play our they'll not cope with our pressing

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Like those things happen because we had 19 shots and a rake of chances. Leicester got lucky to even score. We definitely need to cut out the mistakes but to suggest we were anything but in control of the game seems the wrong conclusion to draw. We definitely had a lot more ifs that could have easily gone our way for our chances, like even Nketiah taking the ball off of Smith Rowe's head near the end was a gilt edged one.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I agree, we sat and wait so passive at times. I won't take about pace because I think the weather is making the league slower. You are not used to those temperatures. Players definitely looked tired and heated.

What worries me more is Ramsdale mistakes. This is getting more frequently.

SA Gunner

Like those things happen because we had 19 shots and a rake of chances. Leicester got lucky to even score. We definitely need to cut out the mistakes but to suggest we were anything but in control of the game seems the wrong conclusion to draw. We definitely had a lot more ifs that could have easily gone our way for our chances, like even Nketiah taking the ball off of Smith Rowe's head near the end was a gilt edged one.

We had control of the ball and game yes, but its not enough for a team of our capabilities.

We need to hold onto the ball and use it to attack yes, but also hold onto the ball when teams want to get back into the game. We cannot give away sloppy possession as we saw at times in this match, that's not what we should be doing at this level. Also, sitting back and waiting for counter attacks is something we are not stable enough at, it brings the opposition back into the game.

I think Elneny has to start coming on during matches soon. One thing about him is he knows how to keep possession, and help to take the spring out of the opposition's step.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
Had to catch the replay after sleeping way in due to a late night. This felt like a weird game. Satisfying, yes. I think we could’ve scored 5-6, but if they hadn’t gifted us Xhaka’s goal it could’ve turned into one of Arteta’s nervy last 20 min.

However…the attack is looking excellent. Martinelli appears poised to rise to the next level of his development. Jesus gives us another dimension with his tenacity. And Saka will catch fire sooner rather than later. Lots of goals in this team. And it’s getting very tough for me to find fault with Xhaka so far.

The only thing that appeared to trouble the back line was the ball over the top again. I might be mistaken because I know so little about goalkeeping, but both goals looked like Ramsdale could’ve done better. Was the ball Saliba put past him Ramsdale’s responsibility? It looked like he could’ve come for it and Saliba was just in a no-win situation where he couldn’t leave it.

Anyway, 3 points and Vardy had a penalty reversed, the little diver. We’ll take it. COYG!

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
We had control of the ball and game yes, but its not enough for a team of our capabilities.

We need to hold onto the ball and use it to attack yes, but also hold onto the ball when teams want to get back into the game. We cannot give away sloppy possession as we saw at times in this match, that's not what we should be doing at this level. Also, sitting back and waiting for counter attacks is something we are not stable enough at, it brings the opposition back into the game.

I think Elneny has to start coming on during matches soon. One thing about him is he knows how to keep possession, and help to take the spring out of the opposition's step.
Yeah I can see what you're saying but I think its down to the team to grow a little as well. The age profile is young and they also lack a bit of confidence or experience. I think we just need a few more wins under our belt until we can tell the difference between controlling a match and inviting a team on to us. If we start resorting to brining on Elneny to control a match it could end badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom