• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Arsenal 4 - 2 Leicester City | Saturday 13th August 2022 | KO: 15:00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

giphy.gif

Spirit BOMB to these Foxes. Same team as below:

1660256206948.png

0799E111-2AF2-4BAC-807F-FAE8473D734B.jpeg

Post match, Teta needs to make A-M happy and bring out the stash of Snickers & Twix for their boy Youri Michelin as a sweetener:

EyDirzXXAAAOL7w

Got a feeling that Gabby Jesus is going to cook in this one.

I’ll say 3-0 🔴⚪

Last edited by a moderator:

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Exactly. Man City has the exact same problems as Arsenal, as they're playing in somewhat similar fashion. In their case, Gundogan does the box-to-box role in the left. And the end result was an unidimensional team with the action happening only on the left side... Until Guardiola inverted both his fullbacks, allowing Walker to have a more creative role in the midfield. It helps Rodri is a better organizer than Partey.
BUT Arsenal can't do that, because one of the bases of our defense is working with 3 centerbacks when in possession. And it has been working wonders, actually. So you need to solve that problem in other ways. Right now, there's pretty much nothing that can be done. But if Tielemans arrive, you could make that change I just said and allow more distribution on the right, while Zinchenko and Martinelli have more space to work on the left, allowing Arsenal to be more multidimensional on the buildup.

Now, about Xhaka's defending. It is his job to track Maddison all the way there, because the way we play forces Zinchenko to play way up field. So whoever is on the LCM role needs to cover for him. When Xhaka's playing 8, Zinchenko himself is responsible to cover, but when Zinchenko is operating high on the wing and Xhaka drops to the LCM, he has to make that move like a fullback in order to not allow the other team to overload our left flank. He failed in doing so and this was one of the reasons the 2nd Leicester goal happened.

How does Tielemans enable the right side more than Xhaka? Xhaka can do everything Tielemans does and more.

And it seems you didn’t watch the goal close enough. Zinchenko wasn’t high up the pitch he was in the box marking Iheanacho, who played in Maddison at the byline. Zinchenko was too slow to move across, Gabriel reacted late too. Xhaka went to make sure Iheanacho didn’t receive a return pass, as well as mark the space at the edge of the box, like midfielders do.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Thought it was a bit worrying how easy they got down our sides. All second half they just lumped it behind our fullbacks and won it. Liverpool are the masters at it so they’ll kill us if we don’t fix up there.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Good result and performance generally. That said I still dont think we were good enough, we need to control games more both when we are squeezing teams, and when we look to calm them down when the opposition have a spring in their step.

I want us to bring in another wide forward and central midfielder and work on our control. Do that, and we will be behind City and Liverpool only.
Our squad is easily as good as Liverpools. The addition of Zinchenko, Jesus and Saliba has brought it up to a title challenging level. Our wide forwards Martinelli and Saka are as good as it gets, we just need another quality midfielder in case we get an injury to Partey as per last year.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
This time last year this fine forum was getting trolled by that one Leicester fan, you remember him? The one who kept going on about how good their transfer policy and recruitment is, how they don't need to sell Maddison, how its a sideways move for Maddison to move to Arsenal.

Well well well.... life comes at you fast.

MikeVinna

Established Member
This time last year this fine forum was getting trolled by that one Leicester fan, you remember him? The one who kept going on about how good their transfer policy and recruitment is, how they don't need to sell Maddison, how its a sideways move for Maddison to move to Arsenal.

Was it that @Dokaka guy? He was respectable all the times I’ve seen him post.

Edit: Oh wait don’t think so. Think I’m mixing up usernames.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League

Wasn’t his name Slyfox or something like that?

RunTheTrap

First time in years where I feel like I was watching a Wenger game. Goals galore, hectic defending, own goals, goalie blunders, goal of the season contenders, and finally a striker that doesn’t piss me off. I’ve prayed for times like this.

RunTheTrap

The problem with teams like Leicester is ultimately they are selling clubs, and the issue with selling clubs are eventually the loss of talent catches up on you. Same thing happened with Ajax, Dortmund, us, Southampton etc.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Good game from Jesus, but should've been allowed to complete the game and bag a hattrick if possible. A hattrick so early in his career would've done wonders for his confidence.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Our ability to instantly reply after conceding doesn't get enough credit IMO.

The sample size is too small to say its a feature of our game just yet. However, it was very pleasant to see us do it twice to Leicester within 2 minutes of conceding, and the second was a cracking goal as well.

Melquiades

Our squad is easily as good as Liverpools. The addition of Zinchenko, Jesus and Saliba has brought it up to a title challenging level. Our wide forwards Martinelli and Saka are as good as it gets, we just need another quality midfielder in case we get an injury to Partey as per last year.

Come on. I like this squad and it's improving quickly, but it's very obviously not as good as Liverpool's, at any position.

This feels like a pretty obvious attempt to overstate the quality of the squad to set up an attack on Arteta if the team doesn't finish ahead of Liverpool.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Come on. I like this squad and it's improving quickly, but it's very obviously not as good as Liverpool's, at any position.

This feels like a pretty obvious attempt to overstate the quality of the squad to set up an attack on Arteta if the team doesn't finish ahead of Liverpool.
Lol. That's your opnion but I think Saka, Jesus and Martinelli are as good as any forward line. And I'd rather Partey Xhaka and Ødegaard than Henderson, Milner, Elliot and Keita. Tierney is one of the best LBs in the league and Saliba playing with Gabriel is a very good CB pairing, not up to VVD standard but better than Phillips. The one thing Liverpool have is more depth. But this Arsenal squad is very good.

How did Liverpool get on against Palace at home?

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Lol. That's your opnion but I think Saka, Jesus and Martinelli are as good as any forward line. And I'd rather Partey Xhaka and Ødegaard than Henderson, Milner, Elliot and Keita. Tierney is one of the best LBs in the league and Saliba playing with Gabriel is a very good CB pairing, not up to VVD standard but better than Phillips. The one thing Liverpool have is more depth. But this Arsenal squad is very good.

Are Thiago, fabinho, konate, matip Everton players now?

Melquiades

Allison is the PFA Team of the Year guy in goal and they have a substantial edge there, much as I love Ramsdale.

Saka/Jesus/Martinelli are as good as almost any forward line but probably not Salah/Jota/Firminho/Nunez.

You seem to have forgotten Thiago and Fabinho in their midfield. And Matip and Konate at CB.

Robertson plays ahead of Tierney at LB for Scotland and is another multi-time PFA Team of the Year guy.

Alexander-Arnold is better than whoever we play at RB.

Now, their core guys except TAA are all aged 28-32 and ours are aged 20-25 so you'd expect we'd be closing ground over the next couple years. But right now, definitely not.

My opinion of Liverpool is based on their squad that finished 2nd in the EPL last year, runner-up in the UCL, and won two domestic trophies ... not 1 early-season game against Crystal Palace.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Arsenal's starting 11 is up there with anybodies. Certain positions severely lack death however and whether Arteta can navigate that smoothly and keep fringe players involved and not shut off is why he's yet to get 4th.

Previously his go to is to play some of his lieutenants wildly out of position.. or played his preferred personnel with one leg essentially. Throwing in ice cold players lacking confidence as a last desperate resort.

He needs to get better at this aspect otherwise they will not reach targets and will be chasing the dragon the in the transfer market every summer. Having 2 quality options for every position is fantasy stuff and unreasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom