• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal AGM 2017

RoadrunnerReloaded

Feel my old revolutionary heart start to beat again! Man the barricades!

Aux armes, citoyens,
Formez vos bataillons,
Marchons, marchons!
Qu'un sang impur
Abreuve nos sillons!

:mad:

Truly the best thing for the club would be for all gooners to get past the stupid fighting over Wenger from last season and move on to being unified being an Improve Our Club or Get the **** Out Kroenke movement.

VancouverCanuck

I agree with that but the flaw in your argument is that it was 2003 when they started looking for funding for a new stadium.

Who knew Abramovic would change the face of football. And then City would rise to match them, while we were trying to pay the stadium off. And since then it's got worse as TV money gives all the other teams a lift too.

The world of football might have been different. If you look at these figures you'll see how the board wouldn't have expected those kind of figures. Wenger did remarkably well, points per £ spent. How we weren't in the relegation zone is crazy. It's Wenger that saved us from a mauling.

2004-2013 net spend
Chelsea: £524,500,000
City: £434,820,000
Liverpool: £168,800,000
United: £123,400,000
Sp**s: £100,850,000
Newcastle: £1,900,000
Arsenal: -£23,570,000

I wanted to stay away from this pointless debate (pointless because neither you and I can really change things)...but finally decided to chime in after reading this piece of selective stats.

Trax is the Sean Spicer of football, I will give him that.

Why did this stat stopped at 2013?!? Is it because since 2013, we have finally started spending some money? Yet we are no closer to challenging the title than before.

The so called net spend that you quote is the net transfer spending right? Shouldn't all spending be factored in, especially the wage bill?

Our wage bill is actually 4th highest in the league last year. Only 18m below the champion Chelsea. But a whopping $80m above the Sp**s, f***ing Sp**s who managed to challenge for the title. The fluke team that managed to mount a more credible challenge for the title than we did over the last two years.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/f...al-Liverpool-Manchester-United-sportgalleries

And I don't even need to get into mentioning how wasteful we have been in managing the resources. Like letting Alexis and Özil, two players who are easily worth 120m in today market, running down their contracts. Funny how I never see the same thing happening to the Sp**s.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I am frustrated thinking about how this will play in our players' mind. After a long time, we saw a good performance from our lads last week. With all the question marks around the club's ambition, what happened in the meeting just re-iterates the fact that the club doesn't give a **** about winning and it is not going to change in the near future. Do you think our players will be really motivated tomorrow? I seriously doubt it.

I was wondering the same thing , wonder what the agents around Europe make of that display as well .

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I wanted to stay away from this pointless debate (pointless because neither you and I can really change things)...but finally decided to chime in after reading this piece of selective stats.

Why did this stat stopped at 2013?!? Is it because since 2013, we have finally started spending some money? Yet we are no closer to challenging the title than before.

The so called net spend that you quote is the net transfer spending right? Shouldn't all spending be factored in, especially the wage bill?

Our wage bill is actually 4th highest in the league last year. Only 18m below the champion Chelsea. But a whopping $80m above the Sp**s, f***ing Sp**s who managed to challenge for the title. The fluke team that managed to mount a more credible challenge for the title than we did over the last two years.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/f...al-Liverpool-Manchester-United-sportgalleries

And I don't even need to get into mentioning how wasteful we have been in managing the resources. Like letting Alexis and Özil, two players who are easily worth 120m in today market, running down their contracts. Funny how I never see the same thing happening to the Sp**s.
The stat stopped at 2013 because the discussion was about the stadium build and it's impact on the club. It's widely recognised that after 2013 the stadium became less of a burden. Keep up mate.

STATS

He w

He would make for a perfect Board member. A complete "Yes Man", with no ambition to improve/fight for the title whatsoever.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
The stat stopped at 2013 because the discussion was about the stadium build and it's impact on the club. It's widely recognised that after 2013 the stadium became less of a burden. Keep up mate.
But half the argument is that it is still a burden if it has not propelled us to the heights they claimed it would.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom