• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal agree kit deal with Adidas

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Two things. Firstly the retro badge is a vast improvement, if only they kept that for good. And secondly the absolute shamelessness of the whole thing is staggering. The cheek of Arsenal to put up a "for the human race" slogan when they explicitly refused to support their own player in condemning what is one of the biggest human rights abuses currently taking place in the world.

Football clubs aren't NGO's, i'm not here expecting them to fight for human rights. They're just companies trying to make money by pretending to be football clubs. That's fine. But if you're gonna be selective in which human rights you support, don't use human rights to promote yourself and make money from shirt sales.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Just a reminder of what the club came out with after Özil's comments last December: "Arsenal have always adhered to the principle of not involving itself in politics." I'd sure like to know how that principle squares with voicing support for other human rights issues such as BLM, and vague statements of "for the human race".

Maybe I was just young, but in the pre-Kroenke Wenger era I sought of viewed Arsenal as a force for good. I saw a club that did deeply care about keeping to principles, that did care about community work, that cared about doing business the right way, and that was a force for good on the pitch too. I've basically lost all that. Arsenal are no better than anyone else off the pitch or on it. There's really nothing special about it, I just want the red and white shirts to win out of habit and remnants of past emotions.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I will say that the training jacket is not the worst thing I've ever seen but I really can't stand Pharrell so I had to leave it alone.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Just a reminder of what the club came out with after Özil's comments last December: "Arsenal have always adhered to the principle of not involving itself in politics." I'd sure like to know how that principle squares with voicing support for other human rights issues such as BLM, and vague statements of "for the human race".

Maybe I was just young, but in the pre-Kroenke Wenger era I sought of viewed Arsenal as a force for good. I saw a club that did deeply care about keeping to principles, that did care about community work, that cared about doing business the right way, and that was a force for good on the pitch too. I've basically lost all that. Arsenal are no better than anyone else off the pitch or on it. There's really nothing special about it, I just want the red and white shirts to win out of habit and remnants of past emotions.
I don't want to sound condescending in any way but Kroenke is not the issue here. The old poshos on the board would not have reacted any more forcefully in favor of human rights if they felt it affected the value of their shares. If anything is blatantly obvious in global society it's that those with money and power will do anything to hang onto it and if that means abandoning morality and burying one's head in the sand, they will gladly do it and then set the PR person about spinning it as staying out of political issues or the like. Wenger was deeply ethical. Funny enough Dein definitely had more than a bit of underhandedness to him and we were never more successful than with him pulling strings. I just feel that a lot of what you felt then was the way Arsène conducted himself and the fact that he was very much the face of the club.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Two things. Firstly the retro badge is a vast improvement, if only they kept that for good. And secondly the absolute shamelessness of the whole thing is staggering. The cheek of Arsenal to put up a "for the human race" slogan when they explicitly refused to support their own player in condemning what is one of the biggest human rights abuses currently taking place in the world.
It's Pharrel's brand not an Arsenal thing. He has a line named human race - he has also done a similar thing for Man Utd and Madrid too.

Huge corporations distancing themselves from subjects that are hard to talk about is nothing new. Arsenal are no better or no worse than the next club.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
If you've ever done psychedelics, this kit is your jam. Which reminds me that I'm in need for a trip after what a year it has been.
8128a49d5f7b10b38d9aa6dd17544198.gif

Reactions: A_G

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I don't want to sound condescending in any way but Kroenke is not the issue here. The old poshos on the board would not have reacted any more forcefully in favor of human rights if they felt it affected the value of their shares. If anything is blatantly obvious in global society it's that those with money and power will do anything to hang onto it and if that means abandoning morality and burying one's head in the sand, they will gladly do it and then set the PR person about spinning it as staying out of political issues or the like. Wenger was deeply ethical. Funny enough Dein definitely had more than a bit of underhandedness to him and we were never more successful than with him pulling strings. I just feel that a lot of what you felt then was the way Arsène conducted himself and the fact that he was very much the face of the club.

Yes, basically I just miss Wenger. Which is to say what I actually miss is my youth and that era of Arsenal that went along with it.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

100% with you, I fell in love with Arsenal because of what it felt community wise.

We were never saints, but it did feel we had more "morals" than most, at least as moral as a multi-million business can be, which for a great while was epitomized by Arsène Wenger being at the helm.

For all his faults, Wenger never waivered from that. Unlike Gazidis, you could see he meant the things he said re: Arsenal being a classy club.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

The club was classy and honourable and we had Wenger as the face of the club. I seem to recall a story that certain Arsenal fans took out some kind of bond in the club. When they died in the war, the club traced their descendants to pay out the value of that bond. On the other hand, Wenger banned flags from Emirates because he didn't want political stunts in the stadium even if the flags were of the country of one of our players. Arsenal have kept out of politics. Human race is Pharrell's brand. BLM is slightly different in that no state is criticised and its therefore not/less political. Its a call to every individual. Özil was arrogant, naive or just plain stupid to think he could make that statement and expect the club to back him-especially without liaising with them first.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Tell you what tho, Adidas really needs to bring back the green blue combo as a third or second kit.

Top Bottom