• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Kit Thread: Adidas Deal Rumoured

jerome2158

Established Member
if this turns out to be true, it's further proof that absolutely no one has any idea what they're talking about within football.

months and months of "adidas deal close, news to follow!" etc etc and then out of nowhere, puma.

Floating

Established Member
jerome2158 said:
if this turns out to be true, it's further proof that absolutely no one has any idea what they're talking about within football.

months and months of "adidas deal close, news to follow!" etc etc and then out of nowhere, puma.

Adidas talk seemed like putting two and two together and getting five - i.e. Arsenal might not re-sign with Nike, Adidas is the only other option, etc.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
krengon said:
Might have to buy Puma football shoes now.. Massive deal if true, well done to whoever was responsible!

No one's buying Puma shoes, half of their registered athletes don't even wear them :lol:

evoh_1

Established Member
Nike are busy getting ready to bum united again and to be honest I'd be glad to see that back of the ****s, they have low balled us for years and we gave them their in in this country with Ian Wright so the least they could show is some respect in trying to empower the team they sponsor.

Puma kits look nice and I don't like the idea of adidas stripes down the white sleeves, looks tacky as hell. Whoever will produce our kits basically just needs to stump up a load of cash and empower the club to push on from its stale state right now, I'll just be wearing the 1971 kit personally as it looks like less chump gear then all the other expensive shirst produced.

cannonade

Established Member
So we get a new, awesome kit deal AND Fergie retires? May we dare to hope for the trifecta of a spuds defeat today?

jerome2158

Established Member
I can guarantee that if puma is indeed making our kits-

year 1-perfect kits. loved by all.

year 2-still not bad. not quite perfect but good.

year 3-ah ****. it's nike's "history" references all over again.

They're in the business of making and selling shirts. If they keep making a perfect shirt, loved by all...no one is going to buy it year after year.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
If they make good, "Arsenal" looking kits thats fine by me. Red with white sleaves. None of this stripe business and let's stop with this anniversary lark and keep it simple and classy. Thanks.

Good news, hopefully Puma and/or AFC can confirm this ASAP and start using the money to improve the team. Oh and a reduction in prices for the fans would be a nice gesture too (heres to hoping!).

Wokky

Would be happy with something like this.
arsenalpuma.jpg

jerome2158

Established Member
PUMA Football ‏@pumafootball 1m

And our exciting announcement is... @aguerosergiokun will be wearing the #evoSPEED 1.2 CAMO in Saturday's final! pic.twitter.com/VcCczC49jS

well done puma, well done.

Gervais

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/pumafootball" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/pumafootball</a>

Their latest tweet :lol:

blaze_of_glory

Well I guess we'll just have to wait to see if this deal becomes official. The Guardian story did say it would not be announced for a while.

blaze_of_glory

Buhry said:
What the ****. That's your big announcement? :lol:

They must have known they'd get extra attention with the story about the Arsenal deal coming out yesterday haha.

Still think this deal will happen though, just will probably have to wait a while for confirmation.

Buhry

Established Member

What the ****. That's your big announcement? :lol:

I was thinking though, if this is true and Puma has indeed decided to spend that much money on us, maybe we've given them some assurances that we'll go out and make some decent signings and actually make an effort to get back to being PL challengers? That's a lot of money they're reportedly spending, especially looking at our transfer history and our failure to win anything for 8 years, surely they'd want us to use a decent amount of it to build a top team so that they get maximum exposure and return on their investment.

Kinda grasping at straws and hoping for some decent spending this summer, but it's not that far fetched, is it? :mrgreen:

Loken

Darren ‏@DarrenArsenal1 6m
My guess is it will be a June announcement on any new deal,or even more so with end of year accounts, but that would seem late to break news

Darren ‏@DarrenArsenal1 4m
Not a chance any 'new' partner would announce a deal.Arsenal are very classy with partnerships and would be sensitive to incumbents as ..

..when a deal is announced & in what format its announced.Deal would be announced and not by a new partner & not via a twitter announcement

Darren ‏@DarrenArsenal1 1m
For those that have asked a few times, Arsenal will wear Nike next season. Any new deal starts NEXT summer.

Just to sum up the situation. (Well played Puma, troll attempt successful :lol: )

Top Bottom