• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal and transfers

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

i
As mch as i love Cazorla, you can't renew his contract
Per is retiring
Wellbeck needs to be moved on and replaced.
Ramsey needs to be moved on and replaced.
Need to have a good look at Koscielny.

We have a front 4 all here for years now. We can focus on the back.

Need a GK
Need a CB
Need a DM
as additions.
Id keep rambo imo

skummm

Whilst I don't doubt that a front line of Laca, Auba, Özil and Mhki will produce moments of pure brilliance that we've not seen in a long time, what's the point when our backline/midfield are still capable of monumental feck ups?

I'm certain it will be as exciting to watch at times as Henry, Dennis, Pires and Freddie in their pomp but it sure as $hit doesn't have Vieira, Campbell and Toure as a spine behind them. That's where the improvement was required. That's what was ignored again.

Hopefully the revamp will continue apace in the summer and we can get some quick thinking vertebrates in ;)

Camus

Trusted ⭐
For the two transfer windows this season we have a negative total net spend of ~£7.6million. This makes me wary that the only reason we've attacked as aggressively as we have in the market is primarily down to the fact we've shifted so many players. When we don't have that ability in the summer will we be willing to dip into the red and spend the required money to improve the squad?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

We basically did do that with Xhaka and Mustafi (and now Lacazette). It's just that the first two signings have been busts thus far while Laca is off to a rocky start.

I think it says a lot that players who have come here with some developing to do before they can become a bona fide top player have failed.
Mustafi allegedly wasn't first choice. If Xhaka was identified as a resolution to a problem area we failed on one of. two fronts, probably both. Correctly identifying the problem and the player to resolve it.

Completely agree with the last point. We have become a grave yard for talent recently.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

So as you can see, we've made a profit for the last two windows. Normally when we have a season of not spending, we go 'big' (for Arsenal) the following summer, usually spending around £90m net. Looking at how the market has changed, we need to do more than that to transform our squad.

We need a GK, a couple of CB's, a proper DM and a couple of wingers as we have none in the squad bar Nelson who's only just turned 18.

The club can't afford to fail on their big signings this summer like they did in 2016.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
With respect to them, we need to be looking forward, not back. We can do better than all of them.
That’s alright but isn’t this club loooking at short term solutions to fix the issue? Signing a 29 year old striker and wanting a 30 year old CB? Sagna would give Hector some much needed competition now that Debuchy is gone and he has prior PL experience.

However, I cannot see any place for Song and Nasri. But still getting Nasri back would be cool :D

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
would've liked couple more youngsters to be signed from Sven's notebook, but oh well. i'm sure he has the most interesting work planned for the summer.

for front 4, a striker in Lewa mould who could realistically become a PL level player would have been interesting, and is a must in today's EPL. Difficult to get RVP level technique, but the polished strikers of Kane or even Firmino is attainable through academy.

For the CM role, we saw what difference it makes when you have a Cazorla or Wilshere in middle of the park. someone who can turn with the ball, carry it forward, instead of driving millions of fans near heart attack.
best way to describe Xhaka, Ramsey, and Elneny desperately trying to advance the ball against the slightest pressing? like trying to cross a river walking on suspended rope, or trying to swim through it holding your breath. you know it's impossible, and at some point it'll burst.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
With respect to them, we need to be looking forward, not back. We can do better than all of them.

Not for free

And they are all seasoned pros

Especially Song has a player profile that suits our squad to a T

Id play Sagna before per at this stage in a 3men backline

We are stretching AMN thin having him cover everybody

We must play a strong team in Europe now

Nasri has room to redeem himself

Only got iwobi and Mkith if we wanna play with wingers again

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
That’s alright but isn’t this club loooking at short term solutions to fix the issue? Signing a 29 year old striker and wanting a 30 year old CB? Sagna would give Hector some much needed competition now that Debuchy is gone and he has prior PL experience.

However, I cannot see any place for Song and Nasri. But still getting Nasri back would be cool :D

Short term being the next few years. Sagna would be a few months as an emergency. We will have to use Holding & Chambers when required and sign top CB's in the summer. I can see us shifting Mustafi & Chambers on, also Kos will play a back up role.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Just came in here to:

Best. Window. Ever.

Shame about Evans mind you, or the lack of defensive anything rather but hey - this was like a summer window.

Latest posts

Top Bottom