• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal are not the same without pires

Mark

Established Member
yeah pires is a very unique player and him and henry do work brilliantly together. pires has been in great form recently lets hope him and the rest of the team can be as good, if not better than they were when we won the double.

quattro

the man is class. and its even sweeter knowing he wants to play for arsenal til the end. :)

JazzG

Established Member
Very nice article.

He is becoming a regular goal scorer for us as well. Last season he scored 14 goals in 21 league games (+5 sub appearances). That is one hell of a record. Even this season he has scored 10 goals for us already this season. He has 5 assists and 10 goals. Henry also has 5 assists. He understands Henry's passes very well and those 2 link up so well.

After he got dropped due to his poor performances at the start his form really picked up once he came. That goal against Liverpool was a turning point for him. His confidence has slowly built up and now he is playing very well for us. He also tracks back and helps ashley quite a lot now, usually ash was left exposed all the time but now we have sorted that out.

juo_henry

yeah we're not the same without him... the Leeds game i was cursing when i saw Edu on the left n especially when Edu started really badly...

but when Pires The Man came in, the flow of our football changed termendously, n he came in to finish off the game, n he did just that.....

SuperBob

The man is pure class, along with Zidane the most creative midfielder in the World. A truly World Class Player.

GoonerLuke

I'll never forget the game against Liverpool where he skinned Gerrard and then crossed for a goal. It was an incredible move, something maybe Henry couldn't even have pulled off. Dixon is right, Pires is an incredible dribbler of ball with deceptive change of pace.

_scorpion_

Established Member
I remember seeing a documentary of Pires during his rehabilitation , after his cruciate knee ligament surgery. I could not believe how dedicated he was and what a perfectionist he was! He would dribble a ball up and down a pitch on his own for hours in the heat, between two pegs set apart by a foot, controlling it perfectly , steadily increasing his pace!!! It's no wonder why he looks so comfortable on the ball......pure class as som1 here mentioned.

Aussie

Established Member
People from other clubs do not relize how good he is.
He came 26th in the world player of the year.

kajej

Another thing I like about Pires is his awesome connection with Ash. The passes these 2 do in such little space is breath taking to watch. Along with Duff & Okocha id say he is the best Left Winger in the league.

Stim

That left side for us is deadly. Ash, Pires and Henry make it deadly, when one is missing, it just doesn't seem to work for us.

lewdikris

Established Member
Forget Pires, who taught Dicko to write?! He's pretty good. Best of luck to him in the media career. He's doing good.

thegame24

Established Member
ive been saying pires is very very important for arsenal and just as much important as henry.

funny how some of people on this forum are now jumping on the bandwagon and agreeing when half the people on this forum wanted to sell him in the summer to get emre or kewell??????

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
thegame24 said:
ive been saying pires is very very important for arsenal and just as much important as henry.

funny how some of people on this forum are now jumping on the bandwagon and agreeing when half the people on this forum wanted to sell him in the summer to get emre or kewell??????

I admit I wanted Emre but to replace Gilberto not Pires.
Pires is our one really creative midfielder and scores plenty of goals too. There aren't many players around who are as good as Pires. I've never wanted Arsenal to sell him.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Goonergurjit said:
thegame24 said:

I admit I wanted Emre but to replace Gilberto not Pires.
Pires is our one really creative midfielder and scores plenty of goals too. There aren't many players around who are as good as Pires. I've never wanted Arsenal to sell him.

Yeah I don't remember anyone saying get rid of Pires. He is TOO big a piece of the machinery.

XxGoonaStuxX

I have always liekd Pires. He is probably if not our most creative midfielder. And his dribbling skills are amazing. Notice how he doesn't just run down the wing and cross he will hold the ball up well and slow down and get past defenders.
Great player.

Adam

Established Member
I didn't read anything in that article that i didn't know. But still, good for the non Gooners.

patrick42uk

Established Member
It is interesting that our main attacking threat come from three players (ljungberg, pires, Henry) who can be seen to seen to use unorthodox methods for their positions. Pires and ljungberg arent what you will see as orthodox wingers (i.e. going for the byline and crossing) whilst henry definitly isnt an orthodox striker preferring the wings and outside the penalty area. Maybe its the unorthodoxy of these players that makes our style of play so effective because they can probe unusual angles.

Top Bottom