• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal are not the same without pires

Adam

Established Member
Bingo Patrick. It's not usual and it makes the style of play unique. The call for a box player may see more fruit beared from it's labour however - that's still open.

Soler

Established Member
Maybe our lads are creating a new style of play. The Dutch had "total football", the Italian's had that-one-I-can't-spell-properly ... perhaps Tel, Bob and Fred are creating "Arsenal Football"?

Lord Dula

Established Member
Pires has impressive body strength and balance. I think he is a better player than current European footballer of the year Pavel Nedved.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Dula said:
Pires has impressive body strength and balance. I think he is a better player than current European footballer of the year Pavel Nedved.

There's very little between them. Both are players of the highest order.

thegame24

Established Member
"Yeah I don't remember anyone saying get rid of Pires. He is TOO big a piece of the machinery."

there were a ****eload of people saying hes not commited, he lost it and that we should sell him for 7million to get players like kewell(cheating ****** AGAINST YEOVILL he had to dive) and emre (so over rated it makes ITVs Love of beckham look normal, wow turkey came 3rd in the worst world cup ever well they couldnt beat england and they didnt qualify for euro and now nobody talks about them cause they would look stupid)

Kyla

I recall the same comments thegame24. I don't remember people being very pro-Pires toward the end of the last season, even after his hatrick against Southampton. But he is a vital cog to the Arsenal machine. The likes of Dixon and Adams clearly rate him above Henry and Bergkamp and that's no easy feat.

He is gradually rediscovering himself although he can't be compared to the Bobby of 01/02. As for ranking alongside the Duffs and Okocha's, well there is really no contest is there? He's a lil bit special than those two, although age is no longer on his side. In fact who in the world can emphatically rival him in his position and at his best? He and Henry have more or less kept us afloat this season in the absence of Vieira.

JazzG

Established Member
My only concern was his fitness, now it seems his fitness is back we are seeing the best of him again.

Lord Dula

Established Member
Kyla said:
In fact who in the world can emphatically rival him in his position and at his best? He and Henry have more or less kept us afloat this season in the absence of Vieira.

Well Kyla I hate to say it but Ryan Giggs is darn good.

bobbypires

Established Member
Pires is amazing. The way he plays is just outstanding. He's perfect. The best player around the world.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
bobbypires said:
Pires is amazing. The way he plays is just outstanding. He's perfect. The best player around the world.

lol surprise surprise that from someone with Pires in their username. :p

Top Bottom