• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Attacking heatmaps so far 2020/21

In AM's opinion, what is the problem with our attack?

• It's a systematic/tactical problem and our players are capable enough but stifled

• It's a personnel problem and the system and tactics are fine

• Definitely both.

Results are only viewable after voting.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
He’s doing a bad job with our attack but he’s done some things I like. I should probably talk that up more.

I am also sympathetic to Arteta cause this isn’t his team. We both know he’s not signing Lacazette or Pepe if he had £120 million, this team looks totally different.

I trust him to turn things around anyways - the point I wanted to emphasise though is that the players we have are actually good enough to get through this season. They can be effective if used a bit better.

You don't have to talk anything up or be politically correct. Say what you think even if it comes across whatever it's your opinion, who cares if you look anti Arteta?

Any manager that has Auba hugging the wing like that is being stupid, I don't care if it's harsh to say, it's the truth.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Be interesting to see one of these for a team like Southampton maybe, a side that doesn't have a great deal of top quality in terms of attacking midfielders or whatever but are very aggressive and on the front foot. Where Ings has been thriving.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Here's Özil's heat map under Wenger. 2016 season.
A16-ADE4-F-EFB9-45-C6-8120-BD4677-BA6-E26.jpg

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Here's Özil's heat map under Emery. 2019 season. He's out wide and much further back.
924-A5949-22-C9-41-D0-AA67-A31931479-A70.jpg

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Jimenez topping that table is interesting considering that Wolves are struggling to score too

Jiminez is a much more rounded striker than Lacazette. He can receive the ball down the channels, lofted passes onto his chest, flick ons etc. Firmino, despite his lack of goals is similar.

One of the reasons Laca receives so few passes is because unless he is in 5 yards of space and gets it to feet, he’s either going to get beaten in the air, outmuscled or outpaced. He often resorts to playing for fouls because of these limitations.

You can’t have someone like that leading the line.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I read today Man City of all teams have similar problems like ours only scored 10 goals in 7 games and struggling with creativity.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I read today Man City of all teams have similar problems like ours only scored 10 goals in 7 games and struggling with creativity.

Aguero and Jesus have been injured for most of this season so far. They have been playing with make shift false 9's with Sterling and Torres. De Bruyne missed 2 or 3 game weeks as well.

Kun and Jesus have had 2 starts each, with Aguero coming off at half time for one of his starts.

They lose something when Sterling isn't cutting in from the left and they are not nearly the same threat without a recognised number 9 being the focal point of their attack.

That's why the City loss was a big blow to the fans, they were toothless and was the most beatable version of City we could have hoped for, but even at 1 nil down we were still timid and didn't go for it at all.

In that same scenario, that would be when it would hit the 70th min mark and Wenger would make his trademark (and predictable) triple sub to add urgency to the attack - but that never came.

Jesus would actually be ideal for the role Arteta is asking of Lacazette. Has the grit and stamina to do the dirty work but with enough pace and technique to make it to the box in time to put half of his chances away.

He is nowhere near as lethal as Aguero, but he is vital for the way they play and has been a big miss.

You can kinda see where Arteta got it from and I imagine City will start picking up points again now that Jesus is fit.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Aguero and Jesus have been injured for most of this season so far. They have been playing with make shift false 9's with Sterling and Torres. De Bruyne missed 2 or 3 game weeks as well.

Kun and Jesus have had 2 starts each, with Aguero coming off at half time for one of his starts.

They lose something when Sterling isn't cutting in from the left and they are not nearly the same threat without a recognised number 9 being the focal point of their attack.

That's why the City loss was a big blow to the fans, they were toothless and was the most beatable version of City we could have hoped for, but even at 1 nil down we were still timid and didn't go for it at all.

In that same scenario, that would be when it would hit the 70th min mark and Wenger would make his trademark (and predictable) triple sub to add urgency to the attack - but that never came.

Jesus would actually be ideal for the role Arteta is asking of Lacazette. Has the grit and stamina to do the dirty work but with enough pace and technique to make it to the box in time to put half of his chances away.

He is nowhere near as lethal as Aguero, but he is vital for the way they play and has been a big miss.

You can kinda see where Arteta got it from and I imagine City will start picking up points again now that Jesus is fit.
Yes you right about that Jesus and Kun is big factor in their struggle this season Jesus is much better player than Laca if we talk all around game i don't like Arteta insist with it Laca was never this kind of player he is box player and job to score goals even tho he failing to that nowdays but he not type of striker like Firmino or Jesus

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

If Lacazette was used as a box player like when he joined, he would do a job - although I am probably alone in the entire fanbase with that thinking. Same goes for Aubameyang though.

Looking up and down the league that's what I see with with DCL, Bamford, Vardy, etc. Vardy aside whos a premiership legend, the rest aren't necessarily better players.

Lacazette showing up to the box late out of breath after his shift from central midfield is never gonna work, he just doesn't have the lungs or the legs.

Arteta needs to show flexibility there, if using him properly compromises the whole strategy then he should be dropped and Eddie should be starting.

That's actually been one of the disappointing things about Arteta so far this season, lack of meritocracy which was one of the things he did well last season.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
think the 5 sub rule allowed Arteta to use his ageing forward line better last season and rectify his tactical errors in games. We have a large squad of average players and 5 subs helped us.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

They lose something when Sterling isn't cutting in from the left
Think the best version of City was the one with Sterling on the RW. That team was insane and I legit thought they'd earn a golden trophy the way they started off.

Also I agree with your point about G.Jesus and where Arteta might have got the idea from. When Pep first came he really did try to make Jesus his no1 striker, he even called him the best pressing striker in the world. Gabriel being a bit wasteful (and Aguero somewhat buying in) eventually made Aguero his no1 but it was, and still is close.

As for Mikel...he's trying to make Lacazette that guy and it's painful viewing.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom