• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Best players 19/20

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
In your opinion who are Arsenal's best performing players this season?

For me its:

1. Leno - How many points has this guy saved us this season producing top quality saves time after time? Being Asenal keeper can't be the easiest job in the world with the likes of Luiz, Mustafi and Bellerin infront of him however he has been great this season. Between Leno, Allison and Henderson for the best peforming keeper in the league this season.

2. PEA - I do believe he goes missing in certain matches and large periods of matches. However PEA is a consistent goal scorer and the second highest goal scorer in league this season.

3. Chambers - was our best player up untill December until the injury. Got clean sheets in the first two games at RB this season and in his fourth match he got a hattrick of asissts. Chambers later on on filled in effetively at CB where his best CB peformance was 0-0 against Everton away. Chambers also got an assist to put us 1 - 0 in the lead against Chelsea but unfortunately he got injured, we lost the match and he has been a big miss ever since. Chambers should be our first chooce RB next season.

4. Saka - Saka's break through season and emergence into the first team has been excellent. Saka has not only produced high quality peformances in his natural position of LW but did a great job when he had to filling in at LB too. What seperates Saka from past young, promising, English, speedy wingers such as Walcott, SWP, Lennon, Townsend, Pennant etc is that it's already apparent that Saka' footballing IQ even at 18 years is far superior than anyone of these guys have ever displayed. Lead EL in asissts this season.

5. Martinelli - 10 goals in 15 starts in all competitions considering he has played mainly at LW is very impressive for any player let alone an 18 year playing in his first season in the PL.

Last edited:

Corbulo

Bernd Leno - Our German peacock who made himself big in front of the lost boy from Nova Venecia . That was the definition of a game winning save, coupling great reactions with remarkable strength in the hand. We have our own Kopke, our second Gutenberg. Leno could probably tell us more about Ottmar Mergenthaler.
Though occasionally he will have a clanger and fumble or make a poor decision, nine times out of ten our German will pull out successfully.

Gabriel Martinelli - Youth, full of grace, force and fascination. Martinelli has been a shining light in what has been an awful season. Our rivals are finally envious. We finally have a mix of funk carioca, reggaeton, and fizzy dance-pop. You can't look away from a sensual, intelligent, aggressive and sexy Brazilian.

Bukayo Saka - The smaller the creature, the bolder its spirit. When having the ball, our stray cheetah doesn’t need a lot of touches to bring it forward. Mainly, he prefers to use one-touch combination or wall-passes when progressing the ball. He prefers to knock the ball forward past the defender then run with it, instead of taking unnecessary risks. Despite his tendency to utilise space, Saka is quite calm when he’s surrounded by multiple opponents. He catches the prey without being taught or trained by anybody.

say yes

forum master baiter
Leno, Aubameyang, Martinelli and Saka are the four that stand out.

Neither is particularly popular on here, but Xhaka and Luiz have both been great since Arteta came in.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Leno and Aubmeyang head and shoulders above the rest.

Saka at left back has been good so probably him.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Auba obviously our best player.

Leno has made a lot of saves so just on that he gets in. Saka has done well, Martinelli has been promising. Basically there's 4 players who stand out.

After that it's just mediocrity either players not performing or just downright not good enough.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
In your opinion who are Arsenal's best performing players this season?

For me its:

1. Leno - How many points has this guy saved us this season producing top quality saves time after time? Being Asenal keeper can't be the easiest job in the world with the likes of Luiz, Mustafi and Bellerin infront of him however he has been great this season. Between Leno, Allison and Henderson for the best peforming keeper in the league this season.

2. PEA - I do believe he goes missing in certain matches and large periods of matches. However PEA is a consistent goal scorer and the second highest goal scorer in league this season.

3. Chambers - was our best player up untill December until the injury. Got clean sheets in the first two games at RB this season and in his fourth match he got a hattrick of asissts. Chambers later on on filled in effetively at CB where his best CB peformance was 0-0 against Everton away. Chambers also got an assist to put us 1 - 0 in the lead against Chelsea but unfortunately he got injured, we lost the match and he has been a big miss ever since. Chambers should be our first chooce RB next season.

4. Saka - Saka's break through season and emergence into the first team has been excellent. Saka has not only produced high quality peformances in his natural position of LW but did a great job when he had to filling in at LB too. What seperates Saka from past young, promising, English, speedy wingers such as Walcott, SWP, Lennon, Townsend, Pennant etc is that it's already apparent that Saka' footballing IQ even at 18 years is far superior than anyone of these guys have ever displayed. Lead EL in asissts this season.

5. Martinelli - 10 goals in 15 starts in all competitions considering he has played mainly at LW is very impressive for any player let alone an 18 year playing in his first season in the PL.

I agree wholly with this. Arguably not enough of a sample size for Chambers to be there, ditto for Maitland-Niles who had a run of being brilliant albeit for a few games.

Think these have been our only good players this season. Auba is the only experienced senior player. It's embarassing.

Luiz, Bellerin, Tierney, Xhaka, Mustafi, Özil and Lacazette should be 6 of our top performers. For differing reasons we haven't got that from the..

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Am I imagining things because I remember Kolasinac being one our best players during Emery days. Also, Saka has been one our best players too.

Both Arteta and Emery play through our left as our main attaching outlet, probably because of Aubameyang.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Am I imagining things because I remember Kolasinac being one our best players during Emery days. Also, Saka has been one our best players too.

Both Arteta and Emery play through our left as our main attaching outlet, probably because of Aubameyang.

I think you're imaging things, if anything he was slightly better when Arteta was here, the games vs United being a standout. Maybe I'm just forgetting most of the first half of the season..... could you blame me?

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I think you're imaging things, if anything he was slightly better when Arteta was here, the games vs United being a standout. Maybe I'm just forgetting most of the first half of the season..... could you blame me?

Yeah same with me, tbh the first half of the season feels like so long ago. But I remember us not creating anything other than from Kolasinac, like he was our main creative output. But I also don't remember any stand out performances from him either.

Saka! All others have been beyond terrible IMO!

Don't understand Leno being mentioned at all. We need to stop pretending that Olympiacos didn't happen!

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Kolasinac was the only player creating chances for us in the first half of the season. You’re not imagining that at all.
Has been injured constantly since Arteta has come though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom