• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Coaches Thread

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Have we even replaced Steve Round?

Arteta is going to surround himself with more young zealots like good vibes Cuesta who won't question him at all.

Arteta is in a different stage of his career than when he joined to be fair. One of the keys to Fergie's longevity was constantly refreshing his backroom staff and maybe he doesn't need the steady old hand of Round anymore.

Albert is possibly leaving due to an amazing opportunity aswell, rather than a bust up or differences in approach. It's not a big deal really.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Arteta is in a different stage of his career than when he joined to be fair. One of the keys to Fergie's longevity was constantly refreshing his backroom staff and maybe he doesn't need the steady old hand of Round anymore.

Albert is possibly leaving due to an amazing opportunity aswell, rather than a bust up or differences in approach. It's not a big deal really.

Yep, I'm not against changing assistants. It's actually good to shuffle the coaches and get some fresh outside perspective. Klopp did it, Pep does it as well.

I'm just wondering if we've replaced Round with a new person and will we replace Stu with someone?

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Think it would be good to refresh the backroom staff, Arteta was a rookie when he joined and I doubt he had much choice.

Now seems a chance to get better coaching staff in.

That being said, we have an NFL team size staff so probably no room.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yep, I'm not against changing assistants. It's actually good to shuffle the coaches and get some fresh outside perspective. Klopp did it, Pep does it as well.

I'm just wondering if we've replaced Round with a new person and will we replace Stu with someone?
Cuesta replaced Steve Round AFAIK.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

By Mario Cortegana
Dec 18, 2023

Paulo Xavier has left his role as Real Madrid’s Latin America scout to join Arsenal.

Xavier had been in his post at Madrid since September 2017 but his new job with the Premier League side has already begun.

In his new role at Arsenal, he will work in South America with two other scouts.

Xavier was a highly regarded member of chief scout Juni Calafat’s scouting team at Madrid, who this summer also lost Gonzalo Novillo to Real Betis.

Xavier worked at the Brazilian Football Conferation (CBF) between 2015 and 2017 with Arsenal sporting director Edu, the man responsible for his appointment at the north London club. He had a short spell at Manchester United in 2017 before joining Madrid.

Arsenal have utilised the South American market in recent seasons to sign Gabriel Martinelli from Ituano in 2019 and Marquinhos from Sao Paulo in 2022.

Not earth shattering news, but looking at Madrid's midfield is the Rasmi theory about to be put to the test?

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

By Mario Cortegana
Dec 18, 2023

Paulo Xavier has left his role as Real Madrid’s Latin America scout to join Arsenal.

Xavier had been in his post at Madrid since September 2017 but his new job with the Premier League side has already begun.

In his new role at Arsenal, he will work in South America with two other scouts.

Xavier was a highly regarded member of chief scout Juni Calafat’s scouting team at Madrid, who this summer also lost Gonzalo Novillo to Real Betis.
Xavier worked at the Brazilian Football Conferation (CBF) between 2015 and 2017 with Arsenal sporting director Edu, the man responsible for his appointment at the north London club. He had a short spell at Manchester United in 2017 before joining Madrid.

Arsenal have utilised the South American market in recent seasons to sign Gabriel Martinelli from Ituano in 2019 and Marquinhos from Sao Paulo in 2022.

Not earth shattering news, but looking at Madrid's midfield is the Rasmi theory about to be put to the test?

The Rasmi Theory sounds like some Doomsday hypothesis out of a Michael Crichton novel :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
hopefully the guy can help us get some south american gems because our record there been dreadful lately apart from Martinelli.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

hopefully the guy can help us get some south american gems because our record there been dreadful lately apart from Martinelli.

Made me laugh when the Athletic article listed Marquinhos like that was a W.

I thought we had some based out there to begin with, but good to know.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Made me laugh when the Athletic article listed Marquinhos like that was a W.

I thought we had some based out there to begin with, but good to know.
too early to judge but the guy is likely a bust he not regular with Norwich and now with Nantes. also i see the guy worked with Edu before lol no surprise there.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Why have we appointed a Palace doctor? Their players are always injured, every season.

Doctors don’t work miracles or train the players dude. 😂 nor are they physios, training load and training methods cause injuries and palace have a fair few injury prone players anyway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom