• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Coaches Thread

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Steven Gerrard has spoken about an injury he suffered in a League Cup tie last season that left him with a lacerated Willie.

The Liverpool legend revealed that he sustained the cut during the fifth-round match with Bournemouth at Dean Court but played on until then-manager Brendan Rodgers substituted him in the 90th minute.

"It was a laceration of the Willie. A big, big laceration," the Los Angeles Galaxy midfielder told The Clare Balding Show. "I went in for a slide-tackle 50-50 to stop a cross, actually got there for once, and he block-tackled the follow-through right up into the private area.

"There was an extreme sting and I knew the game was on TV so I had to have a sly peek, and it didn't look great. So I troddled over to Brendan and the physio and gave the physio a sly peek. He went 'oooh' and said to me 'carry on'. It was a cup game and it was really tight, so I had to go back out there and just grin and bear it. Then I got it stitched up after the game."

Asked if he had sustained any long-term damage, Gerrard replied: "It's fine now. All recovered, all sorted."

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Coaching staff seems proactive in games now. Even Bould was getting up! I didn't even know he could speak!

neimad

Steven Gerrard has spoken about an injury he suffered in a League Cup tie last season that left him with a lacerated Willie.

The Liverpool legend revealed that he sustained the cut during the fifth-round match with Bournemouth at Dean Court but played on until then-manager Brendan Rodgers substituted him in the 90th minute.

"It was a laceration of the Willie. A big, big laceration," the Los Angeles Galaxy midfielder told The Clare Balding Show. "I went in for a slide-tackle 50-50 to stop a cross, actually got there for once, and he block-tackled the follow-through right up into the private area.

"There was an extreme sting and I knew the game was on TV so I had to have a sly peek, and it didn't look great. So I troddled over to Brendan and the physio and gave the physio a sly peek. He went 'oooh' and said to me 'carry on'. It was a cup game and it was really tight, so I had to go back out there and just grin and bear it. Then I got it stitched up after the game."

Asked if he had sustained any long-term damage, Gerrard replied: "It's fine now. All recovered, all sorted."

"About 12 inches of a laceration give or take an inch", said the shy scouser. :rolleyes:

JimmyTheMac

Anyone notice much activity from Carcedo during matches. Doesn't seem to be up and about as much as I expected. Emery seemed to be on his against Chelsea.

JimmyTheMac

According to Charles Watts
"At the end of the game, as some of the Arsenal players made they way over to thank the away fans in the Shed End, Lucas Torreira found himself being approached by Juan Carlos Carcedo.

Unai Emery’s assistant head coach was clearly angry at the way Torreira had let Marcus Alonso get away from him to score the crucial winning goal late on.

He stood for over a minute gesticulating and telling Torreira what he had done wrong, with the Uruguay international quietly taking it all in before Carcedo spun round and made his way back to the changing room."

Interesting if true.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
I see the bum is trying to take his people with him to Milan. Good riddance. Hope he takes this Vinai loser next.

Also thoughts @Toby Andrl ? Can't imagine it since he's barely even been in the job at your place, but since you guys did get relegated it might be possible

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Does this c**t even try? I read he also want sven and Sven signed contract with stuttgart. Hopefully Milan sack him soon all our problems because of him

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I see the bum is trying to take his people with him to Milan. Good riddance. Hope he takes this Vinai loser next.

Also thoughts @Toby Andrl ? Can't imagine it since he's barely even been in the job at your place, but since you guys did get relegated it might be possible

Mislintat will stay at Stuttgart. He's been aware of the possibility of 2. BL and willing to take the job though.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

How good can dear old Shad be? We've looked anything but athletic too many times this season :lol:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Heard/read that Edu is pretty safe as he's apparently agreed to join Arsenal. But contrary to him wanting to stay until the Copa America is done, this source says Arsenal didn't/don't want to buy him out of his contract with the Brazilian FA, so the club just waits until after the tournament. As far as I can tell, the evaluation of Edu in that context wasn't very high, either, using a word that describes him as "a nice guy supposed to represent and shake hands without much operative influence" - at least currently.

Also goes on to say that contrary to reports like Edu having basically worked two jobs and given Arsenal targets, this hasn't happened and the club is still lacking direction and staff personnel above the manager, e.g. a Sporting/Technical Director to really get things going.

Goes on to talk about financial problems and I suppose it's that wage cap thing, which has along the lack of clear direction by the leadership hampered recruitment all season long.

Take with a grain of salt, though.

A lot of high profile people Gazidis brought leaving the club, too. It just doesn't feel like we have a CEO at all, let alone two.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

A lot of high profile people Gazidis brought leaving the club, too. It just doesn't feel like we have a CEO at all, let alone two.

Yeah, it's really been a double **** up. First Gazidis jumping ship and then the Board not outright replacing him. Then Mislintant going/being gone and not replacing him either. With that source I'm reading between the lines there's a lack of understanding on how to actually implement a new structure/identity and with the lack of personnel issues with who's doing what and who's supposed to have how much influence on things.

From how I understood it, it seems like Emery is doing more than he was actually hired to do, which is overtaxing him, but then that's a mistake by the leadership.

I don't think the original plans to implement a set executive structure with multiple people establishing and upholding a certain club identity/philosophy longer than manager stays - like at e.g. Ajax where players, managers and executives are recruited following a clear idea which minimizes the risk of amassing deadwood and building specific manager oriented squads - is completey out the door, but sounds to me as if the lack of urgency to recover from Gazidis' exit has left competences and tasks somewhat muddled. So now people who should do certain jobs can't do them properly but are doing jobs they never were supposed to do.

There's a lot of practical problems with this you can't really put on any single person but only on the lack of structured leadership. Say Emery is now doing a lot of squadplanning which he wasn't supposed to do but there's no Technical Director, so he says he wants e.g. perisic. But Sanllehi says no he doesn't fit the club's intended philosophy, he's too old, no valuable asset. So the club needs to find another target fitting both Emery's wishes and the club's ideas. But who does that now - there's no Technical Director. Shambolic already. Top that off with Arsenal - rumoured - being penny pinchers again refusing to buy out the guy who has agreed to join the club.

Last edited:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom