• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal draw Baggies in the Carling cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Adam said:
Should make for an interesting game. It will test the youngsters away at the Hawthorns.

Source: westbromwichalbion-mad.co.uk
http://www.westbromwichalbion-mad.co.uk/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=131500

This is the side that has punished Man Utd youngsters to get through.

BBC LINK

Hopefully our youngsters can prove what we know and that they are a class ahead Utd's youngsters by beating the WBA.

That's got to be a good draw; only Nationwide side left in.

If we make the semis we've got to be in with a good shout though Chelsea must be favourites based on their ability to put out a second string that would shame most prem teams.

Adam

Established Member
Beany said:
Adam said:
Should make for an interesting game. It will test the youngsters away at the Hawthorns.

Source: westbromwichalbion-mad.co.uk
http://www.westbromwichalbion-mad.co.uk/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=131500

This is the side that has punished Man Utd youngsters to get through.

BBC LINK

Hopefully our youngsters can prove what we know and that they are a class ahead Utd's youngsters by beating the WBA.

That's got to be a good draw; only Nationwide side left in.

If we make the semis we've got to be in with a good shout though Chelsea must be favourites based on their ability to put out a second string that would shame most prem teams.

Call me outrageous - but i believe our reserve team/youths are better. If we play a strong defence then i feel the rest of the team can more than match Chelseas reserves.

Arsenal316

Lol, Arsenal I think get the best possible draw in the Quarterfinals.

Yet another run out for the reserves. They have an incentive to play well. Cause if they don't they probably won't get a chance to play in a game of this quality for the rest of the year.

And if we get to the finals, I still say play the reserves. It's the reserves that got us this far. And it's the reserves that'll win it or lose it for us.

Besides, I don't think Wenger will be that disappointed that we didn't win it. :p ;D

Jinn

Established Member
Yes, that game will be another good test for the youngsters.

They should be able to beat them comfortably on current form.

satan_beckham

this is the furthest we have reached in years and i really hope we can win the trophy.chelsea is not convincing in their wins only managing a 1-0 win.

KoLo28

The future is bright for the Arsenal Fc, especially in the tight financial situation. Our youngsters such as clichy senderos hoyte tavlaridis fabregas bentley aliadiere combined with some experience demolished a premiership outfit, even though they are only new comers, wheres manchester united youngsters failed to beat albion a team which included Nicky Butt, Kleberson and Cristiano Ronaldo. It just goes to prove Arsenals young players are much more promising than man utds. A good future is in stall for the gunners.

"However, for a side containing Nicky Butt, Kleberson and Cristiano Ronaldo, the defeat will have been a chastening experience and the outcome, as well as the overall performance, compared starkly with that of a similar strength Arsenal side against Wolves 24 hours previously."

Jinn

Established Member
Tavlaridis is hardly young, at age 23, but you're right - the others represent a huge pool of talent which we will be able to use in coing seasons.

Look for Aliadiere and Bentley to be given chances soon.

Superdudes

chances for the youngsters to shine again.. aliadere will prove that his 2 goals against wolves wasn't a one off thingy.. stack will be grabbing the chance to become second choice, behing lehmann.. though this will be difficullt when taylor is back.. senderos will continue to play beyond his age.. bentley and papa d will not want to be overshadowed.. i say, yay..

gunner_11

The fact that we have gotten so far into the Carling cup is great for the young members of the squad. It enables them to have a run in the "first team" and gain much needed experience. We have some of the most promisinf youngsters in the league at the moment not plaing first team footbal. They really should breeze through it, juding by the 5-1 thrashing of Wolves. I just wish I could at least get some highlights here in Australia. Oh well, I will have to rely on you lads! ;D

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
I think there'll be less youngsters in the team for this game.

The first too had the comfort of being at Highbury but this time we're away against a team thats in a good run. I reckon the team will probably have a backbone of 5/6 experienced players, with the rest being youngsters.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

I think it's funny how we've gone from

"Arsenal have a weak squad compared to Chelski/Manure/your local pub team" to

"Arsenal have the best crop of youngsters ever; the future's so bright they gotta wear shades" in alll of 24 hours!

8)

patrick42uk

Established Member
Beany said:
I think it's funny how we've gone from

"Arsenal have a weak squad compared to Chelski/Manure/your local pub team" to

"Arsenal have the best crop of youngsters ever; the future's so bright they gotta wear shades" in alll of 24 hours!

8)

all it takes is one game, my friend, to change opinions

thegame24

Established Member
kanu ali

bentley cesc/edu parlour wiltord

clichy keown tav/senderos hoyte? whats the news on his injury

stack

where is stuart taylor?

thats the team that should play

beaney

yeah exiled's right i reckon.

a few less youngsters in this team for the away game, although we have landed on our feet with the only 1st div team left.

it will be a good test for them, but we will need a few experienced players to steady the ship.

jeremiesgirl

Yes this is a good draw for Arsenal and at least we know the youngsters will have another chance to show their worth. Anyone know when tickets go on sale as I would love to go?? I guess there won't be much chance though of buying tickets, would have preferred a home draw!

vin de guerre

KoLo28 said:
The future is bright for the Arsenal Fc, especially in the tight financial situation. Our youngsters such as clichy senderos hoyte tavlaridis fabregas bentley aliadiere combined with some experience demolished a premiership outfit, even though they are only new comers, wheres manchester united youngsters failed to beat albion a team which included Nicky Butt, Kleberson and Cristiano Ronaldo. It just goes to prove Arsenals young players are much more promising than man utds. A good future is in stall for the gunners.

"However, for a side containing Nicky Butt, Kleberson and Cristiano Ronaldo, the defeat will have been a chastening experience and the outcome, as well as the overall performance, compared starkly with that of a similar strength Arsenal side against Wolves 24 hours previously."

I will be happy to agree with this once we have beaten WBA.
But on a more positive note I reckon our "reserve" can beat more or less anyone below 3rd in EPL.

patrick42uk

Established Member
vin de guerre said:
will be happy to agree with this once we have beaten WBA.
But on a more positive note I reckon our "reserve" can beat more or less anyone below 3rd in EPL.

very bold statement, do you think our reserves could beat liverpool, newcastle nd man city?. you think fabregas will be a to dominate a midfield with steven gerrard in it? the youngsters got a great win against a priemership side, but lets put it into perspective. wolves are a por side. no point getting carried away with such statements, raising the expectations on these young players beyond a reasonable level.

vin de guerre

patrick42uk said:
vin de guerre said:
will be happy to agree with this once we have beaten WBA.

very bold statement, do you think our reserves could beat liverpool, newcastle nd man city?. you think fabregas will be a to dominate a midfield with steven gerrard in it? the youngsters got a great win against a priemership side, but lets put it into perspective. wolves are a por side. no point getting carried away with such statements, raising the expectations on these young players beyond a reasonable level.

I will clarify by saying on their day they can beat most EPL teams.
I must admit I have made a wengerism there but you have the right to shoot me down! Although I still agree with Arsène's "Beautiful Wife" theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom