• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal draw Baggies in the Carling cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Remember it was the same set of youngsters that struggled to beat Rotherham in the first game.

WBA are a very strong team, top of Div One and playing very well. They will beat our young team, especailly with home advantage. They are taking this cup seriously. If any of you saw the mancs last night you will have seen how they just didnt have any physical presence which resulted in their defeat. It would be the same for us.

Wenger will have to play some experienced pros or will we get badly beaten. But i dont want him to play any first team players. There is no point, this cup is worthless. The one thing we dont need is more games.

The youngsters have had their fun now, so i will settle for a graceful defeat.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
ExiledInNewcastle said:
I think there'll be less youngsters in the team for this game.

The first too had the comfort of being at Highbury but this time we're away against a team thats in a good run. I reckon the team will probably have a backbone of 5/6 experienced players, with the rest being youngsters.

I hope you are right. West Brom won't be a pushover at the Hawthorns.

Taozhe

Sol said:
The youngsters have had their fun now, so i will settle for a graceful defeat.

GLass always half empty huh? Well, I'll settle for a marvelous victory then. Always optimistic and things look bright for us.

Even if we do not win it, I'll be happy to say that we did well with our handicapped finances and FA biasness :)

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
WTF is going on? We play Blackburn on Sunday then we have to play WBA 2 days later? I'm sorry but thats a load of b*llocks! Some of the players who play against Blackburn will be involved against WBA too!

Adam

Established Member
Let's be honest - WBA are pants! Their best player is not even good enough for our reserves. It's the situation (away at Hawthorns) which is hindering us.

I believe the team will read like : Stack, Clichy, Keown, Cygan, Hoyte (if he isn't injured) Bentley, Cesc, Edu/Parlour, Wiltord/Parlour, Kanu, Aliadiere.

And that team can get a result.

lewdikris

Established Member
Barely anyone - it will make Wenger's selection much easier. And will mean he plays more of the yoots.

I'd expect it to be much the same team that played against Rotherham, minus Hoyte who's out, and with a bit of a rejig in defence.

Stack

Toure Senderos Cygan Clichy

Wiltord Cesc Edu Bentley

Kanu Ali

Maybe Parlour on the right if he's back by then.

Let's get this right now though - West Brom are a better team than Wolves. Not so ancient, not so prone to complete mental crumbling, and this is a much much harder test. But that team could beat most teams, most days.

The important thing is that Bentley, Cesc and Ali get games - they're the big hopes for the future, and Cesc needs a chance to prove how good he might end up being. And Senderos is a debut we all wanna see - it's been a longtime coming with injury. Looking forward to it.

Adam

Established Member
I'd have thought Keown would be put instead of Senderos. Purely because West Brom will play a direct style of football that Senderos hasn't had the experience of yet. And Keown is the conneiseur of defending against it!

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Hopefully now Arsène will take this competition a bit more seriously coz we have a decent chance of winning it and a trophy's a trophy!

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Yeh when Wiltord scored that hat-trick and we crushed them 4-0. Think it was on Bonfire night.
Wenger's never won the Carling cup so It would be great if he could add it to his already marvellous cv.

thegame24

Established Member
even if we dont win it would be great to get to final.

cause if we lose it will make the team wanna win the league even more.

Adam

Established Member
This is the Carling Cup. Nobody remembers winning this at all. We can afford to take risks with youngsters. The only reason i want the team to go far in the competition is so that the youngsters get more games!

It would be a great acheivement if the youngsters got to the final and won it, and it would give them great confidence. Imagine the media coverage on it! Iam not going to rule this out from happening, because I think that team named on the page before is good enough to win it.

Would Arsène change the team in the final in an attempt to guarantee the win? Or would he stay faithfull with the youngsters because of the confidence it would give them and because of the experience of a final?

That's an interesting one. But it's dangerous talking about a final because we are only in the quarters!

thegame24

Established Member
media coverage seems **** for us, well when its good coverage.

i mean everyone was slating us at the start and we were top and beat inter 5-1.

then papers start sayin we hav beswt youngsters, henry is god, and one man team, ****ed us up 2 draws against 2 **** teams yes they are **** compared to us.

thegame24

Established Member
oh yea and i think wenger would still field a base of the team that made it to final with a few more seniors.

Stack/Taylor

hoyte keown stathis clichy

wiltord parlour cesc/edu bentley/ljungberg

ali kanu

subs

kolo
cole
bergkamp
henry
pires

Probably

Valleyman

satan_beckham said:
this is the furthest we have reached in years and i really hope we can win the trophy.chelsea is not convincing in their wins only managing a 1-0 win.

We actually got to the Quarters a few years back when we were demolished by future champs Blackburn

reggiepaul

Hey I want to win this. It's going to be a cold cold day at the baggies ground and a win is so cool. The brummies' faces after a loss is priceless.

I am sure the club will calculate whether to progress in this is worthwhile (for only two games) or to take it easy and continue to play youngsters.

I would love to play youngsters as winning the cup with our youngsters throughout will be quite amazing, but it is still a victory and it is still something. I know the FA Cup has far more prestige but practically the Carling Cup is still a knockout comp involving most teams so it is something.

Last season Sunderland caught us out. Now this is a lot more fun after the teams we have put forward for the competition. I'd love to go all the way and win it after these first two games being what they were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom