• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Finances

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I don't really agree with the youth part, they are cheap to keep and all they want is to get better so motivation in them is still high.

I'd say we need to be better and get rid of Elneny's, or even better, never get them in the first place.
We did a poor job of bloating this squad with Luiz, Cedric, Mari, Willian, Runnarson, and some horrible players from the past.

Thankfully we are past that and that's something we should never look at doing again.
Chelsea, Pool and City do it. So why cant we? Its bread and butter stuff tbf. You are right we dont need anymore journey men/ freebies.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Chelsea, Pool and City do it. So why cant we? Its bread and butter stuff tbf. You are right we dont need anymore journey men/ freebies.
Just because we don't have that many. Our whole academy has 1.5 talents, why would you sell that

Topside

I don't really agree with the youth part, they are cheap to keep and all they want is to get better so motivation in them is still high.

I'd say we need to be better and get rid of Elneny's, or even better, never get them in the first place.
We did a poor job of bloating this squad with Luiz, Cedric, Mari, Willian, Runnarson, and some horrible players from the past.

Thankfully we are past that and that's something we should never look at doing again.
If a football club our level isn't wishing to give young players a chance over buying bang average squad players, its a serious slap to those players and the system under 1st team level.

Game has moved on but my match going days delighted to see likes Rocastle, (rip,brilliant player), Thomas ,Davis, Adams,Merson, Quinn etc affinity with the club over players that have seen better days .

Fallout

Just from a general business standpoint, I don't think this technically AP line is any bad? It is 2x current FCF, and I would assume that we can stretch it to at least 3x, and likely 5x without any issues. Especially when the squad is young.

I agree that we likely have one last squad assembly summer ahead of us, before we have a pretty decent budget available every summer, in the range of 85m, excluding player sales, since we can bring down the transfer debt with 30-50m per year with that model.

Getting to the deep stages of UCL and consistenly at the very top of PL will help, along with improved sponsorship deals - which the club is all doing.
To your point, we certainly should look to raise more debt to fund our "transfer debt" (to the extent it's possible)

Right now I don't think we have any of the upcoming payments financed by anything other than our own future cash flow, so it's a problem unless more money comes in through additional debt or equity

I don't know enough about the debt market for football clubs to say how much incremental leverage we can get away with before hitting our max limit whereby nobody wants to lend further

I might actually look to see if swiss ramble has a chart on it ... I wonder what United's leverage is

lomekian

Essays are my thing

The key is to ensure that we maximise the u21 youth in terms of filling squad numbers, and sell those over 21 who count against squad totals who look like they won't make it at our level. You can carry the possibility of a delayed development through injury of ESR if you have some 19-21 year olds who are ready to contribute here and there, and you move on guys like Nelson. (Not that I criticise what the club has done with Nelson as his transfer value now is probably the greatest its been since he was 18-19).

lomekian

Essays are my thing
If a football club our level isn't wishing to give young players a chance over buying bang average squad players, its a serious slap to those players and the system under 1st team level.

Game has moved on but my match going days delighted to see likes Rocastle, (rip,brilliant player), Thomas ,Davis, Adams,Merson, Quinn etc affinity with the club over players that have seen better days .
Well tbf Rocky, Thomes, Adams and Merse were top level talents who with modern training methods and standards of professionalism would not look out of place at the upper levels of this league today. Sure not all would fit tactically with what teams like Arsenal do now, but that really was a great crop.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Yeah I found this quote pretty interesting. He could have atleast shouted out Wenger :lol:

This was also really telling:

11 years of no funds :lol:

Which changed after 2019 when he became sole owner of course, but still this context is very important.

Back to the present day, Arteta is clearly over performing for the past 2 seasons in terms of squad cost and salaries.
I know I'm a month late on this but I always thought Kronke just put money into the club due to Covid and missing out on the match day money. I understand the funding from 2020-2022 but I'm suprised they were still pumping money into the club in 2023.

Latest posts

Top Bottom