• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Finances

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
We are still quite cash rich as well. Cash reserves went up by £30m and will probably go up by a similar amount again so we will have £150m+ cash reserves in the summer. Depending on when the new shirt sponsorship starts (still not sure if the new terms covered the final year of the original deal) we will have an additional £10m from that and £10m from sleeve sponsorship. We will also get a big jump in the new kit manufacturer deal.

I still think we can spend £100-£150m if needed.

It is needed, I can confirm.

Preacher

Always Crying
Our board is one of the stupidest and most naive in whole Europe looking at these numbers. They had these number, saw fans unrest and still they managed to extend Wenger's contract.
Sometimes it looks like, that they are living in different reality. We wasted another season. Clock is ticking, money is shrinking.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
What's interesting is not only the big drop off from missing out on the CL but also the drop off in ticket sales. I don't trust the board to take notice of performances on the pitch, but I do trust them to take notice of falling revenues. They're bean counters, after all.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Will be even more if we sell the players that need to be sold. Would love if we could secure our manager before the end of the season and have a list of targets to tie up before the world cup.

Letting Wenger spend any of this money would be criminal.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
This is where the blurred relationship between money and football meet.

Hopefully this will make the board and owner realize that there is a speculate to accumulate thing in action here as well and that is where meeting the fans wishes comes into play.

That is how a club/team works everyone working together in a symbiotic relationship. That instead of a bunch of greedy old men and spivs (shareholders and owner) ripping off hardworking people.

Longy

They are digging their heels in over their self sustaining model. Seems that they will never shift and expect everyone to bow to them for it.
I admit that it is commendable and am proud of the fact.

But you don't go into a fight expecting to win because you are the good guy !!

I've said it for the last 10 years we need a 1 off injection to purchase quality players. start with a quality squad then start talking self sustainability.

We need at least 3 very strong quality players as an addition before we start replacing/improving current players.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
They are digging their heels in over their self sustaining model. Seems that they will never shift and expect everyone to bow to them for it.
I admit that it is commendable and am proud of the fact.

But you don't go into a fight expecting to win because you are the good guy !!

I've said it for the last 10 years we need a 1 off injection to purchase quality players. start with a quality squad then start talking self sustainability.

We need at least 3 very strong quality players as an addition before we start replacing/improving current players.

Problem is that it's likely two injections that would be needed in that model. Even if the board terminate Arsène's contract, we're looking and two summer windows needed to revamp the whole squad at least and then some.

Just look at United under Mourinho. It needed two full summers of huge spending to get them closer to the title, which is being won by the other team who injected just as much money in just about the same time, arguably because of a much better (and less asshole-y manager).

Factor in that our next manager might be sacked after the second or even first year on the job... well, it's a tough road ahead.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Another thing that really dificultes things for us is that, during our rebuilding, post-Arsène era, if any of the Manchester teams - or even Chelsea - fall too behind, they'll come out wallets blazing.

Hopefully Mou gets fired next season after the squad rats him out and Guardiola moves into international football or to PSG. That would at least give us some level playing ground as far as instability goes.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I do wonder what will happen to attendance if the likes of Wenger, Jack etc exit in the summer.

Being midtable with little attachment to the players & no strong feelings (even negative) to the manager is dangerous.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
If the board terminate Wenger's contract in the summer that's another whackload of money gone on compensation.

They sat on their fat behinds all those transfer windows when the warxhests went untouched, now they are reaping what they sowed.

It's not going to be easy to get back to winning the fourth place trophy, let alone the league. Got news for the board ... self-sustaining is not sustainable - not at this level. You might be self-sustaining if you want to be Southampton... but you'll never get into the CL, probably not Europe unless you can somehow wing a cup with a slice of luck.

Here's the paradox: to be self-sustaining you have to spend your way up to the very top to ensure you're in the CL every year and you got big sponsorship deals. You have to create a track record of recent pedigree, saying you won three league titles in a row in the 1930's won;t do it.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
I do wonder what will happen to attendance if the likes of Wenger, Jack etc exit in the summer.

Being midtable with little attachment to the players & no strong feelings (even negative) to the manager is dangerous.
Yup. The transitional period is key. Next manager needs to be exciting AND good, and players on the roster (both new and re-signed) need to build up the fans' morale.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger

I think we are beginning to see what will happen from the trend of this season. Midweek games are not selling out, not even against top opposition, Europa League attendances have been very poor despite ticket prices being kept down.

Wenger's exit might cause a frisson of interest (depending on who comes in) but that will evaporate after a couple of bad results.

Season ticket holders will continue to keep ticket sales high, without selling out most games and with swathes of sold but empty seats, but expect some of these to give up their tickets and the waiting list to be reduced as touts and scalpers move to more profitable grounds.

Divided_Pie

So am I reading those numbers right - missing CL cost about £40M? I'm looking at Operating Profits from Football dropping from £54.2 down to £15.6.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
This is what happens when you got owners who know nothing about the football system.

There is a huge difference between how the system operates in the US to football. NFL to my knowledge has no relegation and no CL etc, the crap clubs gets better draft picks etc, still compete against the same teams the next year and can rebuild yearly.

There is no bailout in Football, you fall out the CL its big money, you fall out EL its even more, you get relegated and you are ****ed!

I recall was it Blackburn's owners who didnt get the concept of relegation?

You can afford to stand still on the pitch like we have in other sports but in football there is severe financial losses the lower and lower you fall. Did they really think poor performances, games against Ostersund and a stalled fan base wouldnt effect finance.

There is also a huge ripple effect with these things, the clubs appeal at the moment is poor and this will be felt in 10yrs time. My kids will be Arsenal fans and probably everyone elses on here will be but a fan base is also built off the fans worldwide who get drawn to the big clubs with big players, who then in return by merchandise etc. Little Charlie over in Beijing wont want to become an Arsenal fan while we are a 6th place team!

Preacher

Always Crying
Swiss Ramble did last financial report breakdown, open tweet below and you will see all tweets thread:

Special thank you to Ivan for this:
DXRYEjBXkAAbQyr.jpg

Top Bottom