Arsenal Finances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by TheLoneFalcon, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Camron

Camron Well-Known Member

The Mustafi part hurt.

#whysmandoingthis

2. Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Dennis_Bergkamp_10 Well-Known Member

So Wenger was right all this time as well. Gazidis told us we could buy anyone apart from Messi and Ronaldo. And Wenger got criticized when we didn't.

Bald ****.

3. Tony's nose

Tony's nose Active Member

Even if we bought down our wage bill would it then been freed up for transfers ??
    I am not so sure it would all be available maybe half but not all.

I assume Arsensl are now under the umbrella of KSE . If we are then with the loan to buy Arsenal and the even bigger loan to build the LA stadium can't be good for us to be under KSE.

For me personally it feels like the beginning of the end . One of the largest clubs in the world being ran like Fulham being compared to the Leicester model . The more I read on here the more I think this club is to big for Kroenke , a billionaire rich buy assets and loans but not cash rich to run one of the world's biggest clubs all imho of course.

This summer will probably be 70 million plus any sales we make for transfers. I hope I'm wrong but really feel I'm right ....groundhog day until the regime is gone or changes.

Makingtrax likes this.
  4. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

Hard to see where big money will come in from transfers unless there is a surprise (unwanted) sale like one of the strikers or Bellerin. Ramsey and Welbeck will walk for nothing. Özil and Mkhitaryan - if either leaves - are on such wages that it would affect their sale value very seriously.

As for the rest? Mustafi? Xhaka? A replacement for the latter would likely wipe out any fee.

The likes of Koscielny, Lichtsteiner, Monreal are too old to bring in much dosh. The emerging young players are too unproven to bring in more than a few million quid and I'll add Chambers to that list. Won't get offered £20 million again unless he has a great second half to the season or there is a "Brexit bonus".

In short, if these loan rumours are true and they are a prelude to purchases that may well be it for the summer apart from a free transfer or two. They will be like new signings.

5. Tony's nose

Tony's nose Active Member

It's madness how we have ended up in this position.
    The board were boasting how cash rich we were not that long ago.

6. Furious

Furious Emery Hired, Telly Off

What a load of crap. Not surprised you're the one post it.

Gnabry worth 40-50M...:lol::lol::lol:

7. Preacher

Preacher Twitter Bot

I don't know about £, but he's definitely worth 40M € nowadays.

8. ptrcopp

ptrcopp Well-Known Member

And that’s the cost of one player. It would be interesting to see the cost of the most played 15 players though. I think it would be closer.

Overall it shows that we are getting value for money with our purchases, but I think it shows a lack of ambition in comparison to what we all want

Makingtrax likes this.
  9. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Hoping Emery cloud has a silver lining

The CIES squad cost figures are the 25 named players. The most played 15 would be interesting to see.

10. ptrcopp

Sorry - I meant the difference in the cost of squads is one player!

Makingtrax likes this.
  11. DanDare

DanDare Spreading positive vibes

Stuff like this isn’t well thought through at all it’s all one side of a very complex equation

Özil “costs” 350kpw except that amount is in part due to his commercial value and part due to what he provides to the team (as well as part poor contract management). That post suggests it’s ALL the latter. It’s not

Just like the rest. It’s implication in a lot of these costs is that the alternative was taking the money and doing nothing. A lot of that money it’s “cost us” would have been spent on other players.

No doubt the club has made financial mistakes but if you want to start quantifying them then do it like an adult not a child.

Gooner Zig and Furious like this.
  12. ptrcopp

It is one side of an argument but you don’t need to bring something as controversial as Ozils commercial value.

Just have to look at the Sanchez one. In the equation Mhki is worth nothing.

Or Debuchy... who knew he would get two consecutive serious injuries.

I’m all for slagging off the bad **** the club has done but there needs to be a seriousness to the conversation.

Toby Andrl likes this.
  13. DanDare

DanDare Spreading positive vibes

Özil commercial value is controversial? Perhaps but surely everyone agrees he has more than none?

You’re right though. There’s little nuance when people post about finances. Mostly because of over sinplistic view of it all. I’m by no means knowledgable but at least I know what I don’t know

Gooner Zig likes this.
  14. ptrcopp

Controversial because it has flames up sections of this forum!

DanDare likes this.
  15. ChefMan21

ChefMan21 Member

If we're sitting on approx £160m in cash (incl. cash equivalents) after allocation of debt reserves, that would seem to me to be quite a saving for something large. I'd happily set aside £110m of that for a mixed stadium expansion/academy improvement package, rather than for new players to be honest.

Sapient Hawk and Furious like this.
  16. Gooner Zig

Gooner Zig AM's Resident Accountant Trusted

The AOC figure can't be right, I remember we sold him for that much in sterling, not euros.

Toby Andrl and Dj_sds - like this.
  17. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Well-Known Member

Dude, watch some BL. He is.

18. Furious

Furious Emery Hired, Telly Off

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

19. ptrcopp

He also explains how this is worked out.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019 at 8:00 AM
  20. ptrcopp

Remember that none of the other top 6 apart from Spurs took a chance on Alderweireld (who hadnt even walked into the So’ton side the year before), and none were ready to chance it with van Dijk (who has been at Celtic).

And it wasn’t just us that over spent for the unexceptional: Man Utd also spent money on defenders in those years that haven’t been as good at the other two have turned out. Bailly and Lindelof both cost more than Mustafi.

And at that time Liverpool were trying out even cheaper players like Matip and Klavan who have also flopped.

And Man City spent far higher than anyone else.

Toby Andrl likes this.